2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

evil_geko

There shouldn't even be posts like "maybe I was wrong about him" etc this early in his United career ffs. He is a very young striker with great potential who demands time and patience, yet so many were writing him off after only few months.

There shouldn't be posts writing him off like also there shouldn't be posts predicting him being a world class striker in the future. Just be patient, relax and watch him develop.

SB16

He's obviously scoring at a good rate at the moment, but it's the quality of his link-up play that I've been most impressed with recently. Very good at bringing the ball down and setting up the transitions for the team.

duckers

Was excellent today and that second goal was a touch of pure instinct and class. He is an absolute nightmare for defenders and just seeing the contrast of his muddy shirt next to the gleaming whites of some of the other United players is a good visual indicator in just how much he puts himself about for the team!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
His hold up play was fantastic today. Two goals, too. Keep going, Rasmus!
Looks to be getting better at this every game. It's so rare to see strikers get the hang of that aspect of the game at his age.

I can't believe the people who were writing him off after 10 games. His physical gifts and technique in striking a ball are so obvious.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
People who kept slating him in november look stupider by the minute.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think that's his best game for us. Wasn't getting anything from the referee but was battling to the last second and won the physical battle for the most part. Even if you took out his two goals I'd still say he was arguably the best player on the pitch.

Jev

He's obviously scoring at a good rate at the moment, but it's the quality of his link-up play that I've been most impressed with recently. Very good at bringing the ball down and setting up the transitions for the team.
Yep, been hugely encouraging to see how well he’s played apart from the goals lately. Starting to look like he’ll prove me wrong.

Rustyspider13

The streak continues. Should've had a hattrick. TBF I think he was fatigued/slightly injured by the end when the chance came. Still think he'd have buried Garnacho's chance.

KjaAnd

Very impressed by his hold up play tonight. He did lose the ball a couple of time leading to chances for Luton but that’s partly due to our midfield being incapable of defending.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent display. I just wish our players wouldn’t always shoot at the hint of a chance. He gets ignored far too much.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's the real deal.

Outside of his goals his hold up play and passing off it can be brilliant. Some of his through balls this year have been class.

Still stuff to work on, mind you.

Swedish_Plumber

Curtis Davies just made a really simple
observation about how dirty Rasmus’ kit was. Clearly puts a shift in and Is getting rewarded with goals in the PL now.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Quality performance.

Currently listening to him being interviewed on Sky. He comes across as very genuine and having a cool head on his shoulders.

I'm confident he won't break my heart like some of my other favourite United strikers over the years.

RuudTom83

The trio will only get better!

Happy for the kid, took a tonne of shit online but he has shut everyone up in the last few weeks.

Alemar

13G+2A so far, 0.62 G/A per 90. Top of the team on goals, G+A and G/A per 90 - all this with extremely shitty service he gets

twitter thread suggester
If he improves his passing accuracy and first touch he will be top class

Valencia Shin Crosses

Looks to be getting better at this every game. It's so rare to see strikers get the hang of that aspect of the game at his age.

I can't believe the people who were writing him off after 10 games. His physical gifts and technique in striking a ball are so obvious.
I'm convinced many just watch football at a very surface level POV. So they see "striker that doesn't score goals" after a few matches and say he's a flop/shite/etc. without ever bothering to wonder why he isn't scoring or whether there are other good parts to his game.

He convinced me personally with the Galatasaray solo run. Very few strikers in football can carry the ball at pace from inside their own half past a defense and then dink the keeper like that. Incredibly rare traits and now the goals are flowing (and we still don't fecking create anything for him, both of his goals today were his own individual brilliance and the only real "chance" he had was the tough one he hit straight at the keeper late on.

Red & White

Yes, spot on. Great to see that strength and determination to keep the ball from your forward and he’ll only get better.

Superunknown

I enjoy watching him play. That first goal was a pleasure to watch and he looked very calm under pressure to put that away. The contrast with that finish plus the similar one Garnacho didn't put away in the second half is huge for me. The second goal was great for different reasons. :lol:

BorisManUtd

Agree that this was his best match for United so far. 2 goals but overall performance was great as well.

I too was worried if he is ready to play and start games for us at his age but still find it funny how some people wrote on here that Weghorst was more useful than Hojlund :lol: love Weghorst but even when Hojlund wasn't scoring and was struggling it was still too extreme to compare two of them.

Apparently we should have left him at Atalanta & waited for him to burst out this season only to pay a massive fee for him next Summer (with likely more suitors fighting for him).

Never understood that angle pushed by the likes of @Cassidy, Atalanta knew exactly what they had on their hands and had no desire to sell him cheaply as holding on to him for another season or two would’ve meant a better striker in their current squad and more money later.
PSG & United knew it too.

Lad looks an absolute class act. We’ve made some silly overpaying mistakes in the market, but looks like we have this one bang on.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Personally, I've been impressed with his general play from the get go. That's why I was always reluctant to go in on him. The big difference now is the goals, but his general play has always been this promising to me anyway.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You’ll know he’s really made it when you’re confidently captaining him in FPL.

Himself Solanke and Watkins are the form forwards since Xmas. If he keeps going like this he’ll be a leading player and he’s so young and tough as they come. Great scouting!

Idxomer

He has been great for weeks and today was his best performance, almost everything you want from a striker.

CM

That was his best game for United so far. The goals were nice but his hold up and interlinking with the players around him was really impressive. He helped us get up the pitch when we were struggle to get a hold of the game.

Irwin99

I think i said 15 goals would be a good return but he can get 20 or above at this rate which would be an excellent return considering his age and it's his first year here. So happy for him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Apparently we should have left him at Atalanta & waited for him to burst out this season only to pay a massive fee for him next Summer (with likely more suitors fighting for him).

Never understood that angle pushed by the likes of @Cassidy, Atalanta knew exactly what they had on their hands and had no desire to sell him cheaply as holding on to him for another season or two would’ve meant a better striker in their current squad and more money later.
PSG & United knew it too.

Lad looks an absolute class act. We’ve made some silly overpaying mistakes in the market, but looks like we have this one bang on.
Should get your facts right I advocated for his signing.

Saying the club overpaid (which they did) doesn’t negate that. However feel free to keep arguing