Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

croadyman

Looks like we won't see him until after the International break.
Possibly Arsenal away if we are lucky,annoyed at the club for keeping this quiet since he arrived though. Had us believing we might have seen him next week but those hopes were quickly dashed

croadyman

Frustrating we haven't signed an experienced 9 who could have filled in until he's ready

Chief123

Frustrating we haven't signed an experienced 9 who could have filled in until he's ready
We’re not going to sign someone to fill in for 2 weeks.

Hojlund, Rashford and Martial are our options for striker.

mu4c_20le

Not out for the entire three weeks surely? Forest would've been the perfect game for him

Jordi Cruyff 99

He's an exciting signing. I have only watched him four times, but he seems promising but maybe that's because I like powerful striker types. He will need to work on his touch, as it was absolutely painful to see Lukaku in a Man Utd shirt. I remember browsing this forum years ago when he had just signed and the members were doing chant things like "Rom" and "Lukaku Lukaku". It was funny to watch it all fall apart; can't believe people were sold on Lukaku. This guy will be better. He's twenty and people from Scandinavian stock tend to be grounded.

croadyman

We’re not going to sign someone to fill in for 2 weeks.

Hojlund, Rashford and Martial are our options for striker.
Forget Martial he is a sicknote and Rashford is better coming off the left too

OsloRed

Possibly Arsenal away if we are lucky,annoyed at the club for keeping this quiet since he arrived though. Had us believing we might have seen him next week but those hopes were quickly dashed
He was announced today and half an hour later we get a briefing on the injury. I don't see how much faster they could be.

croadyman

He was announced today and half an hour later we get a briefing on the injury. I don't see how much faster they could be.
They could have put out about the injury before announcing in my opinion

CM

It's a shame he'll miss the start of the season. Hopefully it is just 3 weeks and he's available to start the home game against Forest as that'll be a good match to bed him in.

Chief123

1 young inexperienced striker, a winger and a hospital patient
We don’t spend £80m on a young striker to then go and sign another expensive experienced striker to play ahead of him.

Which team in the history of football has paid £80m for a player to be second fiddle

Steve 007

Today people are on here wondering if Gernacho was excellent can keep Rashford who was one of the best players in Europe last season out the team, whilst saying that we need an experienced striker.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Interesting that he's our only signing this summer who wasn't given a shirt number immediately. Maybe we're waiting for Fred to be sold to give him 17?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We don’t spend £80m on a young striker to then go and sign another expensive experienced striker to play ahead of him.

Which team in the history of football has paid £80m for a player to be second fiddle
Højlund wasn’t £80m, but both Chelsea and Liverpool have signed CFs in Højlund’s price range and then had them as 2nd fiddle.

I think it’s statistically very likely that Højlund ends up as a back up CF - not guaranteed, but likely.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Today people are on here wondering if Gernacho was excellent can keep Rashford who was one of the best players in Europe last season out the team, whilst saying that we need an experienced striker.
The only way he keeps Rashford out the team is if Rashford starts upfront. Once Hojlund starts playing then Rashford will be LW.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

No one but city spend 50+m on players to sit on their bench.

Crimson King

Liverpool - Nunez
He was obviously signed to be a starter, but was then taken out of the firing line a bit. He'll still probably end up as their main CF eventually, unless he completely flops this season.

glasgow 21

20 goals incoming.

45 goals a season in 2-3 years.

fecking quote me.
Here's hoping and i will back him for sure. What i don't get is Hojlund will play to our strengths and fit into our system whilst some others quoted in here would/ may have required us to adjust to play to their strengths.

Abraxas

A backup striker would be nice but it's not the end of the world.

This fella is being relied upon and that's all there is to it. ETH isn't viewing him as a young, inexperienced striker he needs to baby. Look at his words. You don't say he is the one we've been waiting for just to put him on easy street. He didn't take the pressure off with that statement, he made clear how he views him, if the fee wasn't already obvious enough. Apart from when he's talking about transfers ETH is very direct and straight forward, so take it for what it is.

For the backup role we still have a combination of Martial and shifting Rashford into the role and playing Garnacho who is extremely talented and needs game time. Sancho is a real desperation choice, I don't like that. But I guess at a push.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I have to question why we were in such a rush to bring him in if he was injured. Could have saved money and prioritized Amrabat

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have to question why we were in such a rush to bring him in if he was injured. Could have saved money and prioritized Amrabat
Other clubs may well have been circling. I wonder what Arsenal would have been planning with Jesus out too with another knee injury. I know we'd have it in us to easily beat an opposition transfer but there is value in just getting him in and climatised to the dressing room early doors.