Votes: 48 15.1%

Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

VanGaalEra

How would you rate our current transfer window, say if we do not add to the 3 signings currently made (Maguire all but done).

James
AWB
Maguire.

We've upgraded on our defence massively, which was desperately needed after last season.

We haven't improved our MF or adequately replaced Herrera/upgraded on Matic.

The attack is the same, James is too young to have much of an impact on our attack.

5/6 out of 10 fair?

Womp

idiot
Underwhelming but a step in the right direction getting our defence sorted. I'd say 5/10. Still extremely weak in midfield and are lacking a star forward imo. Dybala and Fernandes or Longstaff would have potentially made this a 9-10/10 window.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
7/10 if we don’t get a creative midfielder. RB and CB were key areas to improve and we’ve gone and bought the best in the league that was attainable. If we end up giving the chances to the youth players as a result of not getting that creative midfielder, then it’s not too bad.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
5/10 with room to improve hopefully. We got 2 positions sorted for the long term hopefully and am hopeful of James having a good career here.

2 midfielders and I would be relatively happy as long as Pogba stays. RW has to be addressed next Summer. This is also assuming DDG signs.

VanGaalEra

A midfielder would make it 7/8 and an excellent RW/number 10 would make it 9 or above.

red4ever 79

3/10/ Black Sunday killed any momentum that we had. Coordinated perfectly by Ed's PR machine

Dybala No
Bruno No
Lukaku might go and not be replaced

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
7/10 = Good

We've (on paper at least) massively levelled up the defence which in itself is a massive improvement to the starting XI over last season. Is it enough to win the PL? Of course not. Is it enough to put us in a good position against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal none of whom have really addressed their problems? Yes

Redcy

5/10

Great defensive additions, but any team relying completely on McTominay and Pogba to be consistent and injury free all season long is asking for a disaster to occur, outside of those two, and really including Scott from a consistency pov, we have no quality in midfield and we are down to hoping that Gomes or Lingard have an outstanding season.

In attack we are likely to lose Lukaku and even if we don't he is coming into the season completely unfit, if we sell him we are expecting Martial and Rashford to suddenly step up to 25 goals a piece, i am just not seeing it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd say 7/10.

It's a solid window, we've signed 2 fantastic players and a good solid player with a look to the future.

Getting 2 more players would have taken it up to a 10, but we will have to settle with what we have for now.

fergosaurus

Taking into account how terrible we were last season two quality defensive signings and a hopeful punt is underwhelming. 4/10

Untd55

4/10 - Happy with the signings in defence and James, but not signing a midfielder will be a catastrophe.

We have lost two midfielders since last summer and have no youth players coming through in that position. It is so critical to sign a midfielder that I would bump this score up to 7-8/10 if we actually did that.

onemanarmy

6.5/10

Wan-Bissaka seems to be a fantastic player for us. Maguire is much needed. Add a good midfielder and it will be at least 8/10. Sell some additional deadwood and we have a brilliant window.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
5/10.

Massive improvement in the back 4, but took until the last week to sign Maguire because we're inept, we all knew we would end up paying £80m anyway. Should've got him in by July 1st (would've pushed it to 6/10).

Ignored the midfield, ignored/incapable of getting rid of a chunk of players that should be gone. Without the sales, the most I'd rate it as wouldve been 8/10, even if we signed the perfect midfielder).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
6/10. We've filled 2 key areas and brought in a very promising winger for a modest fee. We've also been able to keep hold of Pogba and DDG. If we added Dybala or Fernandes then we would be looking at 8/10.

Macern

Pee pee pants
7.5/10

We’ve signed the best possible CB and RB available to us on the market imo, improving the defense massively. Obviously it could be better with more signings, but I really love our business so far.

Siorac

If we add no one? 3/10.

On the plus side, AWB is a good addition, hopefully will live up to his potential. James is a relatively cheap punt that may or not may work out but it's not a high-risk thing.

On the negative side, I fear Maguire will turn out to be an expensive mistake a la Lukaku though I hope I'm wrong. He's a decent player so at worst he still won't be terrible. The far bigger negatives are the lack of signings in midfield and on the right wing. We are paper-thin in midfield and our options on the right are terrible.

jackal&hyde

Difficult to say. We improved the defense a lot with 2 very, very good players. This alone should give us a better season then last. We did not replace a first team regular in Herrera and this is a big worry for me; we have to hope and pray that Mctominay and Fred can step up and Pogba is not sold.

I'd say a solid 6/10. Another creative midfielder (or a number 10) would have made it 8-9/10

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
3/10

Wan-Bissaka is a good addition.
James is maybe worth a gamble at the price.
Macguire is ludicrously overpriced.

We're short on goals, and midfield quality.

Hawks2008

4/10

Shored up the defence but made no attempt to improve the midfield after losing Herrera and seemingly wont get another through the door. More than this though is the dithering. We have been so slow negotiating this deal and wasted so much time. James and AWB took a month each to negotiate and Maguire even longer and in all cases after spending all that time negotiating we ended up paying what the clubs wanted from the beginning. There also is not enough goals in the team, our only creative outlet is Pogba and all the burden is on him. We're very reliant on his output and beyond that we're relying on Rashford and Martial in their 5th season in the first team to finally become regular performers.

Also the lack of outgoings is not encouraging. Thought we'd finally show some ruthlessness and get some of the wasters out, but either Ole is too chummy with these guys or the club just don't want to spend money on replacements. Some of these players have been letting us down for years and have been afforded the opportunity to continue being mediocre for top dollar.

So yeah, not a great window. Hope Ole can get the most out of the team or it's going to another long season.

Alemar

5/10 if Pogba stays. We need midfielder to make it 6/10, and MF+RW to make it 7/10.

In order to make it better than 7/10, we also need to sell Lukaku, Darmian, and some CBs - it will make it 9/10.

Offload Alexis as well to make it 10.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
IN:
James
AWB
Maguire

OUT:
Valencia
Herrera
Wilson

I'd say it's a 5 or 6 right now. Improved our RB and CB which is a massive upgrade. But Herrera leaving is a big issue and we signed a rookie for our RW position. Seems like we've partially solved our defensive issues but ignored our midfield and attack (so far).

red4ever 79

Currently I gave us 3/10. That could go up or down depending on what we do in the next few days

If we sell Lukaku and do not replace him I will give us a zero. Not that I want Lukaku to stay, but it would be criminal to lose any more forwards with no one coming in. As for the midfield. I cant look at it. Leicester have a better midfield than us.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If I close my right eye and look at our transfer window I see disappointment that we haven't bolstered our midfield with some quality and added a right sided winger / attacking player. 5/10

If I close my left eye I see that we've added a potential Utd great in AWB, this was my first choice RB all along. I'm also really happy with Maguire, lots of money but we absolutely know what we are getting ... a top draw CB. Our defence is now looking solid across the whole back 4. James brings something we've been lacking for some time, some speed and directness on the wing. He will do a job for us and could go on to be an inspired signing if he can develop his game and chip in with goals and assists. 8/10

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Happiness with those coming in: 8.5/10
Compared to what I think we need/needed in total to have a competitive 11 and ok squad: 4/10

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If I close my right eye and look at our transfer window I see disappointment that we haven't bolstered our midfield with some quality and added a right sided winger / attacking player.

If I close my right eye I see that we've added a potential Utd great in AWB, this was my first choice RB all along. I'm also really happy with Maguire, lots of money but we absolutely know what we are getting ... a top draw CB. Our defence is now looking solid across the whole back 4. James brings something we've been lacking for some time, some speed and directness on the wing. He will do a job for us and could go on to be an inspired signing if he can develop his game and chip in with goals and assists.
What happens if the close to the left eye?

lysglimt

Scout
7/10 - we are 2 players short - but the players we have signed have been correct and a huge step in the right direction. And we have so far kept Pogba and deGea which also helps

IrishRedDevil

5/10 due to adding Wan-Bissaka and Maguire. CB and RB were the bare minimum required this window.

Gaping holes left in midfield and RW. Herrera and Fellaini not even replaced.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Well, based on what we needed going into it:

New RB - done (and a good one)
New CB - done (and a good one)
New DCM (Matic upgrade) - nothing (linked: no one really)
Herrera replacement - nothing (linked: Longstaff)
Creative attacking mid - nothing (linked: Fernandes, Dybala, Eriksen)
RW - nothing (James is better at LW and unproven) (linked: no one)

So 2/6 there

Then a couple of possible ones:

Striker if Lukaku goes - nothing but Lukaku hasn't gone yet (linked: Mandzukic)
Midfielder if Pogba goes - not looking like he'll go

Overall, I'd say 4/10 and that's slightly generous.

fps

5/10.

I am pleased with each of the signings which have been made. That's not the issue. It is 5/10 because of the signing we haven't made, an energetic, young to mid 20s, high quality central midfielder with leadership potential. Someone needed to be signed there, as we don't have Herrera now. I am NOT saying Herrera fitted the description above, I did not consider him a key player for a side with United's ambitions, but we are light on numbers and quality in central midfield.

settembrini

Incomings: 4/5. Very happy with Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and James. Disappointed in the lack of a top quality right winger.
Outgoings: 0/5. Not a single player member of our deadwood army sold. Instead we've extended several of their contracts.

So 4/10 overall atm.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Anyone giving it less than 5/10 need to give their head a wobble.

Dr. StrangeHate

GK: tied down De Gea to a long term contract

Defence: signed a RB and a CB (slightly overpaid). Didn't get rid of Rojo or Damian. Overall great business.

Midfield: Didn't let Pogba leave, lost Herrera and Fellaini without replacing them, gave new contracts to Mata and Periera. Bad business

Forwards/wingers: likely to lose Lukaku without signing anyone. No RW. An unproven championship winger signed. All our hopes on inconsistent Rashford and Martial. Sanchez still at the club. Horrible business.

I am going to give it a 5/10. 6/10 if we replace Lukaku. 7/10 if we sign a midfielder.

For a club of our size, Ed is doing a below average job. I am surprised the Glazers can't see this unless it is all planned this way.

lysglimt

Scout
It's kinda funny that people claim the transfer window has been poor because we havent offloaded a few of the players we want to offload - but the same people don't mention that we have kept Pogba which imo is a bit more important than if we are paying Darmians wages or not