Votes: 48 15.1%

Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

LuckyScout78

Even Chelsea didnt buy any player this summer, due to transfer ban. Is looking to get stronger and strength more than United.

Abraham was close to score against United. He scored 2 in last and his confidence will rise. And when the new players like Pulisic, Mount and Hudson settle, get use and understand each others better. Collective and together they will be better.

And Rudiger and Kante havent play regular yet. Reasons they are conceding goals. And they are definitely better double covered from midfield and attack than United. Like Willian and Hudson, both can play on both sides. And Giroud/Abraham and Loftus Cheek fighting for 1 striker role. They are well covered to battle for top3/4 spot. I am sure Chelsea will get better while the season goes on.

About United. If Maguire would be the difference of top 4 or not by end of the league. Then I would rate 2 under average or 4 above average of 5 is the top rating, by the end of the season. But United still can add more by January,to help them to achieve top 4. So it can change by January. But right now i will give them average of 3. Not top, the middle of a tree.
From 3 average to 5 and top. United should get a top RW and CM. None of them. Reasons why 3 points out of 5.

Flying high

So with Darmian gone, that makes 3 in and 6 out including Fellaini.

3 good purchases, it would appear. However Herrera and Lukaku, and to a lesser extent Smalling, look like they could easily have played a part this season. We have basically put too much faith in our young squad and will probably miss out on top 4 as a result. Really, there is no guarantee we even make top 6 unless several of the kids make a big impact.

But if the plan was to clear the decks, assess what we have coming through by giving them a proper chance, then spend big next year to fill the gaps, I guess I can see the logic. At the end of this year though, Young and Matic will have to leave. Pogba will surely have had enough. So we're likely to still need at least 5 or 6 next year.

Where's the progress? We were dire last season and by the end, the need for huge investment seemed undeniable. The Glazers have been given a fairly easy way out of spending money this year. But starting right now, we must have a plan to bolster the squad in January and next summer. No more half measures or excuses. Back our manager with the money to compete at the top.

Revising my 5/10 to a 3/10. Our lack of quality and options in midfield and attack is, frankly, negligent for a club of our size and resources.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
7/10. Got rid of a good chunk of players who had to go. 3 very good signings. Promising youth at good ages going to get chances, while others who are young are getting the chance in bigger roles which is the only way they'll step up. Only thing I would change would have been to do all this a lot sooner, and also of course lacking a holding midfielder which would've made us favourites for 3rd IMO. Regardless though, a lot to be optimistic about, but future windows need to focus on a midfield revamp with Pogba likely gone, as well as going hard for Sancho to complete the attack.

yorkiered

6.5/10, brought in the right players but not enough players didn't get a midfielder or a RW, got rid of some of the deadwood but not all the deadwood

SilverPaper on the Breeze

It's probably a 9 for outgoings. I have, and always will, say that Lukaku is god awful and I'm delighted to have got him out and received pretty much our money back. Sanchez leaving, along with other deadwood is a big plus.
I also like our 3 signings; they're all to the benefit of the squad. However, we really should've brought a forward in. Didn't need to be a big name, flashy Dybala type signing. A squad option to offer some variety would've sufficed. Mandzukic would've been my shout. We also desperately need a midfielder to play in the role Pereira has been in, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'm not sure there's an obvious candidate for the role (FYI, I've seen Bruno Fernandes play maybe once, so have no opinion on him).

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wonder if those who said this was a good window still think so?

It was obvious we should've kept both Lukaku and Alexis unless we were going to bring in a proven attacker. Now we've got Lingard and James up front.

Then you look at our midfield...

Jinn

I wonder if those who said this was a good window still think so?

It was obvious we should've kept both Lukaku and Alexis unless we were going to bring in a proven attacker. Now we've got Lingard and James up front.

Then you look at our midfield...
I still think it was a decent transfer window. We knew what we are getting into. Keeping Lukaku and Sanchez would not have made a jot of difference, because when the chips are down, they don't stand up and be counted. Rather lose like this knowing that we have room for improvement than waiting for seasoned veterans to improve.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I still think it was a decent transfer window. We knew what we are getting into. Keeping Lukaku and Sanchez would not have made a jot of difference, because when the chips are down, they don't stand up and be counted. Rather lose like this knowing that we have room for improvement than waiting for seasoned veterans to improve.
Fair enough!

I get where you're coming from, but I just think we'd be a lot better off if we had kept Alexis and Lukak u for depth regardless of them wanting to be here or not.

I say this as someone who thinks both have been poor here, too, but when you look at our bench this season, I can't help but feel that we'd be in a better position having them two on it than who we currently have.

Jinn

The bench looks weak because of the amount of injuries we have.
Nobody would have bet that all 3 strikers would be injured/sick at the same time.
Yes we should have went for another experienced forward, I think we tried with Mandzukic. That did not come of for some reason or the other, but keeping Lukaku against his will or even Sanchez would have been a double negative in my opinion.
Let the kids learn the hard way. It's going to be painful for the fans, but it's a necessary evil, I think.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
4/10

James looks good, but still raw
Maguire is better than what we had, but way overpriced
Wan Bissaka is a good tackler and fast, but a very average footballer.

We needed 2 central midfielders, a right winger and a striker. Losing Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku, and only partially replacing Sanchez with James (can't play CF so not full replacement) it's a poor window.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't there one fan on here or maybe another thread who gave it 10/10 and said Man. United had best window of any club?

Sylar

Lukaku didnt want to be here. That was clear.
Sanchez didnt show any signs that he would have added to what weve seen.

In fact, in saying that, I would have gone a step further and got rid of Mata, Matic, Rojo too. However the issue is the lack of people who came in. The ones that came in seemed right.

Looks weird but we have Shaw, Pogba, Martial missing.
Mason was ill? And now Rashford is out.

But even if everybody was fit, it was obvious that we lack a RW, CM, and Striker.
For me the big loss is Herrera. All this talk about there being thousands of herreras out there, why didnt we bring one in who would have taken less wages than herrera wanted? Somebody who could press, do the dirty stuff when needed, and occasionally get a good assist / occasional goal.

AFC NimbleThumb

The fact people are still defending that calamitous transfer window is beyond me.

We sold a £70mil attacker who stumbles his way into double figures in Timberlands & replaced him with a players the management only trust to start in the UEL.

Our outgoings were fine. Acting as if a rebuild has to be done in isolation is a joke. We should have bought in other attacking options.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
The lack of urgency was the most baffling thing this summer. It was obvious that another 3 were needed. Add to that Mata should have been released and replaced, in the same way Arsenal lost Ramsey and signed Ceballos.

January is notoriously difficult to get players in but adding a couple is essential. Ole has to keep buying mainly in the 19-24 age bracket. No old men sticking plasters.

Noc-Z

ffs
If you look at the 3 we bought in isolation, it's an 8 or a 9. Wan-Bissaka looks outstanding, Maguire solid and James as good a prospect as you could imagine picking up for £15M - over performing if anything.

However, with the state of the midfield and attack we obviously needed to do more. But we need to be patient. I'd rather wait for the right players than sign the wrong ones again.