Rate our Summer 2022 Transfer Window so far (Out of 10)

Water Melon

8/10 A very solid summer this one is. Let's hope the new gang do not flop and we get to play CL footy next season.

Vapor trail

Upgraded from 4 to 6. Impossible for there to be a 10 due to the timing but an is solidified by a midfielder and a striker would be a bonus if Ronaldo stays.

OrcaFat

If we do one more bit of good business, I’d go up to 9. If it’s FDJ I’d give us 9.5. If we also manage to swap Ronaldo for someone worthy of starting at CF then it would be a well-earned 10. If we get a decent RB as well, I’d turn it up to 11, for that push over the cliff.

For now, 8.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Whatever rating you give the window, it is clearly a huge gamble. If this spending doesn’t deliver at least top 4 then it’s a complete disaster and we won’t have a decent transfer budget for years. (Unless they sell up). I’m hopeful the signings are good but we have been here before and it hasn’t gone to plan.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If 10/10 is absolutely perfect (muppet) window then;
Minus half of point for timing of signings and De jong debacle.
Minus one point for not selling players (Maguire, AWB, Williams, Jones, Ronaldo should have been sold).
Minus half of point for not buying classy striker (to replace Ronaldo).
Minus 0.3 points for not buying right full back. (New right back would be nice but i am not unhappy with Dalot)

So 7,7/10. Very good summer. I am pleased with this one.

fatboy

7/10 for quality of players brought in, covering key position.
Would have been 8 if we brought them in earlier, and a 9 if we negotiated better fees.
+1 if we get a good right back and ship AWB, or ship Ron and get a good replacement. Can still happen.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd say 5/10 for now but only because of how messy it's been, as acquisitions themselves have been quite ok (8/10 probably). We've wasted two months chasing a player that was probably impossible to acquire and it seems to have held other deals, also we left Antony so late and had to pay over the top as a result even though it was clear early in the window that we need another attacker. Lack of progressive midfielder and right back is also not great.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
8/10 for me so far.

Only way it could have been better is with a GK/RB/Striker but that really isn't realistic for 1 window.

If you'd have said to me at the start we'd get Eriksen/Malacia/Casemiro/Antony/Martinez i'd have been very happy.

flameinthesun

Pretty sure the majority of people said realistically 4 first 11 signings would be a good window whilst getting rid of as much deadwood as possible. So far we have signed 5 first 11 players and done okay getting some deadwood out, it was never going to be a complete overhaul in one window. EtH was always going to need the following winter and summer windows. So bearing that in mind, if we get 1 or 2 extra players for the squad this summer (as I think it's unrealistic that we get another starting 11 player) then it will be a very good window. Regarding chasing De Jong and taking so long on Antony and Casimero, its more important that we got them that we got them in. So I'm happy so far. We definitely need Martial and Dalot to stay fit though.

TheLord

Upgraded to 6 after Antony. Will jump up to 8 if Ronaldo is sold and a striker or a CM is acquired.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd say 5/10 for now but only because of how messy it's been, as acquisitions themselves have been quite ok (8/10 probably). We've wasted two months chasing a player that was probably impossible to acquire and it seems to have held other deals, also we left Antony so late and had to pay over the top as a result even though it was clear early in the window that we need another attacker. Lack of progressive midfielder and right back is also not great.
Perfect summary of my thoughts.

Though I might bump it up to a 6 if we do manage to get rid of Ronaldo.

Hackman2210

Positive marks for getting rid of Bailey, Telles, Perrera. - £200k per week?
Mata, Matic, Pogab, Linguard, Ronaldo, Chong, Cavani - £1500000 per week?

Shame about Garner, I do want the academy boys to stay - its insulting to sell him and keep DVB.

Ins.
Martinez - will be a solid player for us, like his edge already.
Malcia - cant lose on this transfer £13m for a 21yr old.
Casamero - A lot of money for a 30yr old but if he does well, no ones complaining.
Antony - A lot of money for a 21yr old unproven brazillian. But if he blows up at the world cup that may seem like a bargain.
Erikson - A solid prem midfielder.

Overall - 10 out, 5 in.
So lets go 10 out of 10 simply for getting rid of the cnut Pogba.

fps

It depends how Antony turns out. It’s gotta be a 7 for me right now. Get Ronaldo out and it’s an 8, the extra team spirit will be worth ten points in the league.

Edit: Oh yeah, Pogba’s gone! 8, could rise further.

Mike Smalling

7/10.

We've addressed many of the right areas, although not all, and we have overpaid somewhat. Based on what we have seen so far, the players we have brought in look good.

I would have liked to see us get rid of a few more players though. Selling Pereira was fine, but it's a bit weak that we have only loaned out Telles and Bailly, when they clearly have no future here. Even a small transfer fee would have been good. Ideally, we would also have gotten rid of Jones and Williams.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a difference a couple of weeks makes..!!
It could have been Arnoutovic & Rabiot, instead it's Casemiro & Antony.
What the heck happened behind the scenes there, where did that extra £100m come from ..?

All in all, I have to admit, it looks like recruitment have pulled one out of the fire.
We've got rid of about 10 players that should not have been options for this season, made three very smart signings in Malacia, Eriksen & Debravka for shirt buttons.
If we sign Depay for a nominal fee, that could also be very smart business.

We've got a proper DM which breaks up McFred, and a genuine RW that isn't going to prefer the LW, and a CB that, fingers crossed, looks far more assured than Maguire.

I don't think we'll sign a new RB, but I do think that there could be one more big signing ahead.

A solid 7/10 for me, despite the apparent flip flopping and lack of planning.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Signing Martinez, Eriksen, Malacia, Casemiro and Antony amounts to, on paper anyway, a successful transfer window in every sense of the word.

8/10.

10/10 if we somehow convince FDJ to do the right thing. Which will never happen. But hey, a man can dream.

pogbasformerbarber

Considering no CL, getting guys like Antony and Casemiro is insanely good business. I’ll give it a 9 over a 7 or 8 just due to the fact that we were able to overcome such a handicap.

CallyRed

We are going into the rest of season with a midfield that could have Fred and McTominay as a pairing, says it all really

DarnleyDevil7

I would say 7/10 for now, with the possibility of reaching an 8 if we can secure one more on deadline day.

Doesn't feel as good as it actually is due to the excessive fees and time taken to wrap up the deals however, but this time 2 weeks ago this situation would have seemed impossible. Our selling records however, remain abysmal.

Overall feeling... Pleasantly relieved with excitement now kicking in.

croadyman

We are going into the rest of season with a midfield that could have Fred and McTominay as a pairing, says it all really
We will only see that partnership again with injuries to Casemiro & Eriksen, yes I wanted another CM but clearly Erik couldn't see outside of FDJ this summer.

JawZ

A solid 7.5/10. Took longer than most wanted it to have panned out. Perhaps it took some alarm bells and wake up calls for the damn board to realize the shambles we were (and probably still not out of it) in. The best part of our signings is that most of them, if not all, can immediately replace those who were in our starting line up from the past season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So far it's 6/10. Fairly okayish, can still be better.

This window have different standards of judging it imo as it's simply different kind of beast to deal with. With 10+ players left Murtough knew what he's signing for, so lots of players incoming is nothing that impressive.

Solid start of the window, good clearout but sadly there's still disruptive elements in the dressing room that can sabotage what could be promising season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
A solid 7.5/10. Took longer than most wanted it to have panned out. Perhaps it took some alarm bells and wake up calls for the damn board to realize the shambles we were (and probably still not out of it) in. The best part of our signings is that most of them, if not all, can immediately replace those who were in our starting line up from the past season.
7.5 after Antony and Dúbravka
So what has counted for the 0.5? :lol:

What stops it being a 7/10 or 8/10? The specificity intrigues me.

Paul778

I'll give it an 8/10 if Ronnie goes, even if we don't get someone in. 7/10 otherwise.

Need to give Garnacho and Iqbal minutes. I have faith that in a better squad playing better football they will grasp the nettle.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Solid 7 for me. We basically have a rejuvenated back line, midfield and finally a proper left footed right winger. Would be higher but it took too long for the last two signings.

Relfy

We would all have liked the business to be done much sooner, and you do wonder why the Antony deal has taken so long to get over the line, when you'd imagine that it could have been done weeks ago. Anyone who thought we would have all of our business done within the first few weeks of the window was in la la land - we've a new setup when it comes to signing players, a new coach and these things take time to gel whether we like it or not. That situation was compounded with missing out on CL and plenty of agents clearly trying to take us for a ride. I do like EtH's stance that we need the right player and not any player - we need to stick to our guns on that moving forward.

The Casemiro deal looked to be concluded very quickly, and that only happened when it became clear that Frenkie wasn't going to leave. I question the decision for such a long contract for someone who may need replacing before their deal expires, but I don't think we had much of a choice based on our bargaining position.

We had too many holes in the team and squad for them all to be plugged in a single widow - it will take 2-3 to get the team and squad where it needs to be.

We have signed Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro and Antony all of whom I would expect to be starting. Eriksen also looks like he will play a lot of games in this set up too. To bring in 4-5 new first team players is pretty good going, and much better than I had first expected. It was never going to be 10 players in a single window. We have also managed to shift a lot on although I think Ronaldo staying could be a negative despite his goal output. If a serious offer comes in then as long as an able replacement can be brought in then I'd do a deal there.

Overall, pretty good going. The sooner we can re-establish ourselves within top 4 (or beyond) the easier the business will become. Likewise, the new manager in and the new recruitment team will gel more and that will (hopefully) allow for a smoother transfer operation in the coming windows.

Green Yellow Red

Lisandro Martinez IN: 1 pt
Tyrell Malacia IN: 1 pt
Cristian Eriksen IN: 1 pt
Casemiro IN: 1 pt
Anthony IN: 1 pt
Dubravka IN: 0.5 pt

Perriera SOLD: 1 pt

Bailly, Henderson, Telles, Hanibal, Ethan Laird, Alvaro Fernandes OUT ON LOAN: 0.5 pt

Pogba, Cavanni, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Grant OUT: 1 pt

So far, 8/10

When Dest and De Jong IN: 1 pt
When Shaw, AWB, Maguire, Ronaldo, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones OUT: 1 pt

Manncunian

Lisandro Martinez IN: 1 pt
Tyrell Malacia IN: 1 pt
Cristian Eriksen IN: 1 pt
Casemiro IN: 1 pt
Anthony IN: 1 pt
Dubravka IN: 0.5 pt

Perriera SOLD: 1 pt

Bailly, Henderson, Telles, Hanibal, Ethan Laird, Alvaro Fernandes OUT ON LOAN: 0.5 pt

Pogba, Cavanni, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Grant OUT: 1 pt

So far, 8/10

When Dest and De Jong IN: 1 pt
When Shaw, AWB, Maguire, Ronaldo, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones OUT: 1 pt
You’re allocating less than one whole point to FDJ coming in? Interesting.