Rate the 22/23 season

Red Star One

Premier League - 3rd, 23W-6D-9L, 75 points, 14 behind City. Big improvement over last season, few good wins including Liverpool, Arsenal and City at OT, terrible spanking at Anfield and questionable away form.
Europa League - Out in QF after 2-2 at Old Trafford and 0-3 away against Sevilla
FA Cup - finalists, 1-2 to City in the final that was closer than many predicted
EFL Cup - winners, we had a decent route to the final and dealt easily with Villa, Burnley, Charlton and Forest, deservedly won against solid Newcastle 2-0 in the final

So what's your rating for the first ETH season? Results don't look half bad and it's his first season, apart from a quite terrible Europa League exit, so he has surpassed some expectations there and 3rd is a respectable league finish. We played some rubbish football though at times and he has frustrated a few being stubborn with his subs or sticking to tactics that didn't work. Business-wise for me it's: Licha 9/10, Casemiro 8/10, Antony 4/10, Malacia 5/10.

Overall 7, perhaps 7.5 for me. Optimism for the future, some way to go. Big summer ahead and let's get the fecking ownership issue done

BorisManUtd

3rd place, trophy, another cup final - that's a really good season after 2 opening losses back in August. But we signed Casemiro for 70M so having him in team you are expected to improve. 7/10, would've been 8/10 if we beat City today. Also away form and 3-4 thrashings we've experienced make it no more than 7/10 season for me.

led_scholes

A good season overall. Sevilla, Liverpool and today (no matter if we played well) hurts. But a cup and 3rd position after last year is a massive improvement. 7,5 for me.

(I would rate the malacia signing as a 6).

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
8/10. People will easily forget just how shit we were prior to this season….if we’d been offered this before the season everyone would have been delighted

abailey123

Top 4,
1 trophy
1 cup final
Some iffy results here and there but unquestionably after last season and our first 2 results it’s been a good season.
The concern is we need investment, and the way this ownership is dragging on and on, are we going to get the funds we need to challenge next season?

Godfather

7/10. Losing a final to City and getting trashed by Pool doesn't warrant a higher rating

abailey123

8/10. People will easily forget just how shit we were prior to this season….if we’d been offered this before the season everyone would have been delighted
Agreed forgot to rate but I’d say 8/10

AaronRedDevil

A 7/10. Got way more out of this season then expected. I was hoping for 6th place and a trophy. Played some good football at times and remain hopeful.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shite

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
8/10 considering first year with a few new players to bed in and no striker

RyRy11

7/10 is fair, I'd probably give us an 8 if we didn't have those embarrassing thrashings

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
8/10. Top 3 and a cup trophy.

It has really exceed all my expectations after car crash year we have had from the previous one.

IWat

7/10, arguably 8/10 depending on how much weight you give last season.

izec

7/10

Next season will be interesting though, we need to improve on this and i am not sure we can do much better than top 4 or a domestic cup here or there.

That is not bad, but for United the aim is to challenge for the biggest trophies and that is something we have not done in a decade.

Irwin99

7.5. I think the manager has worked wonders with this team (especially with the really poor attack).

Orange Tree

8/10.

Solid season, achieving the expectation getting the top 4 plus added bonus of winning the league cup.
The only negative for me is the recruiting. We still overpay for players and unable to sell.

Let's hope it's better next season. The excuse this season was a new manager coming in and revamp of the scouting department. No excuse for another lackluster transfer next season.

BorisManUtd

If it doesn't have to be a round number then 7.5/10 seems more accurate.

Winrar

Considering the dire circumstances we were in at the start of the season, I'll give it 8/10.

Castia

7/10

Top 4 and the Carabao cup is a decent first season. The team needs investment this summer though the bench is absolutely shocking and we’re relying on the likes of Fred still who is fecking shit in 9/10 games.

Zoo

Inclined to say 8 but I’ll go 7 because Ten Hag demands high standards.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Considering…
We parked the bus everytime against City and Liverpool not long ago.
We were nowhere near challenging for trophies, let alone two in a season, not long ago.
We wanted “real progress within 2-3 seasons”, not long ago.
We wanted a manager who can actually help develop young talents, not long ago.
We desperately wanted the fear factor to be back at OT, not long ago.

I’m happy with this progress. Looking forward to next season. Haven’t felt that for ages now.

3 positive new (early) signings, I can see more progress. But yeah, we’ll see.

Overall, 7/10.

PSV

Transfer Activity: 6/10
Season Result: 8/10
Overall: 7/10

More to come.

Raw

7/10 for me. A lot to look forward to next season but this season has ended on a sour note.

Positives:
Ended the trophy drought
Got to the final of another domestic competition
3rd place + CL football secured
Martinez and Casemiro being fantastic signings
Managing our schedule relatively well
Big improvement over last season in terms of performances
Dealt with the Ronaldo situation very well
Beat Barcelona
Very good home record

Negatives:
Losing the FA Cup final to City
7-0, 6-3, 4-0 - or our away form in general
Over-reliance on Rashford due to our poor attack, ending with a pitiful 58 goals scored in the PL
The Sevilla embarrassment

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If it wasn't for the fact City are going to emulate this club's greatest achievement, it'd be a solid 7.5/10 from me.

After that shit performance in a crucial game for this club's history and legacy, it's a 6/10. As unfair as that sounds, you cannot take context away from football and sport in general.

Had we won, it would have been a 9/10.

Red Star One

7/10

Top 4 and the Carabao cup is a decent first season. The team needs investment this summer though the bench is absolutely shocking and we’re relying on the likes of Fred still who is fecking shit in 9/10 games.
We don't say such stuff about Mr Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos in my thread :nono:

Our biggest issue in the midfield last months has been Eriksen. I like the lad but he was nowhere near the level required to start for United at this stage of his career. Massive improvement needed there.

Rustyspider13

8/10 for me. I can't overlook the absolute shambles we were last season and the pathetic Ronaldo saga that happened this season. Considering those circumstances it's been a very good season.

Idxomer

6.5 if we're just rating the football and the results.

7.5 if we take into context all the shit surrounding the squad and the club.

Dan_F

7 but Ten Hag has got a long long way to go to change the mentality of the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
7.5/10. City probably winning the treble drops it.

Ten Hag did an excellent job, cup win and 3rd comfortably (as comfortable as it'll get). A few batterings obviously need to change, but we need to address the squad issues. New goalkeeper is 100% required, as is a striker and a CM. We need them all. We won't be successful without it.

Red Star One

If it wasn't for the fact City are going to emulate this club's greatest achievement, it'd be a solid 7.5/10 from me.

After that shit performance in a crucial game for this club's history and legacy, it's a 6/10. As unfair as that sounds, you cannot take context away from football and sport in general.

Had we won, it would have been a 9/10.
I understand your sentiment, but following this logic we've had a 6/10 season now, but 7.5/10 if our Milanese overlords beat the fraud in a couple of days.

James35

6.5/10

but compared to last season 2/10 it’s huge improvement. We are still miles off it and all we need now is the Glazers to stay and piss on all our chips.