Carrick - 7 A lot of missed placed passes at the end
Scholes - 6 Decent
Giggs - 7 full of energy

Berbatov - 6 Few nice touches but couldn't get into the game
Rooney - 5 Not his best

Ref - What a wanker

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought Scholes, Vidic and Berbatov were especially bad. Rio and Evra made a few poor mistakes as well, Evra especially.

Thought both Owen and Nani were our most threatening players all game when they came on which says a lot, although obviously it had a bit to do with a tired defence and us piling on the pressure.

Just a poor performance all round.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Van der Sar - 8

O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 4
Vidic - 4
Evra - 6

Valencia - 7
Scholes - 4
Carrick - 5
Giggs - 5

Rooney - 3
Berbatov - 5

B Cantona

Desperate
Well the other thread has been closed, so I'll rate Paz and Valencia here

Paz is everything that is wrong about the Caf

A genuine top draw 1st class retarded muppet

Valencia was arguably our best outfield player today. The only time we ever looked dangerous was down that right hand side. Unlucky not to score himself. Has really started to come into his own these last few games, looks like he could be a quality United player for years to go

evil_geko

Vidic was fecking great, don't really know where are people coming saying he was bad, he cleared high balls countless times, but that all is erased after a booking eh?

Bref

Van der Sar - 8

O'Shea - 7
Ferdinand - 4
Vidic - 4
Evra - 5

Valencia - 6
Scholes - 4
Carrick - 6
Giggs - 5

Rooney - 4
Berbatov - 3

Subs

Owen - 5
Nani - 5

sebaveron

VDS - 7

O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 5, poor distribution and outmuscled by Torres too easily for the goal
Vidic - 6, solid all game until the sending off
Evra - 7, decent attacking threat

Valencia - 6, dangerous first half, but too quiet in second half except for the shot that hit the bar
Carrick - 6, ok passing, but got dominated
Scholes - 5, some good passes but rushed into mistakes
Giggs - 5, quiet today

Berbatov - 6, looked menacing first half, but just disappeared second half
Rooney -6, quiet

Thought first half we were ok, second half we just sat back and the inevitable happened. Didn't even look dangerous on the counter. And nor did we look to even score a goal until we went behind. Got overpowered especially in central midfield.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Van der Sar - 8 - MOTM for us, very steady.

O'Shea - 7 - Best defender.
Ferdinand - 5 - Evans will soon have his place.
Vidic - 7 - Played very well, sending off not his fault.
Evra - 6 - Lacked a bit of composure but probed well.

Valencia - 6 - Most dangerous player in first half, but faded.
Scholes - 5 - Lacked energy and creativity.
Carrick - 5 - Anonymous until the end I thought.
Giggs - 6 - Not at his best.

Rooney - 4 - Poor. Maybe back from injury too soon.
Berbatov - 4 - Wasn't involved enough.

Subs

Owen - 4 - Not enough time. Should have been on earlier.
Nani - 4 - Not enough time. Should have been on earlier.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Valencia was arguably our best outfield player today. The only time we ever looked dangerous was down that right hand side. Unlucky not to score himself. Has really started to come into his own these last few games, looks like he could be a quality United player for years to go
If Valencia is our best option nowadays, I fear

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
VDS - 8 - Starting to think he is maybe the best in the world, makes such a difference to us

O'Shea - 6 - Not to bad defensively but didn't link well at all with Valencia
Ferdinand - 7 - Up until the goal I personally thought he was dealing well with Torres
Vidic - 6 - Torres caused him no end of trouble again
Evra - 6 - Torres caused him no end of trouble also, did well going forward though

Valencia - 8 - Our MOTM IMO, for the biggest game of the season and to be the main threat is very impressive. Could of scored with a bit of luck
Scholes - 6 - Passed it well but wasn't afforded enough time to really dictate things
Carrick - 7 - Thought he did well
Giggs - 6 - Worst game of the season from our player of the season

Rooney - 6 - Wasn't good
Berbatov - 6 - Likewise

Nani - 5 - Poor
Owen - 6 - Got in good positions, I was praying he'd get a chance

RonaldoVII

Van der Sar - 8
O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 5
Vidic - 6
Evra - 6
Valencia -7 MOTM.
Carrick - 6
Scholes - 6
Giggs - 6
Berbatov - 6
Rooney - 6

Referee; 0

Leg-End

Van der Sar - 8 - He's back, nothing he could do for the goals

O'Shea - 7 - Looked the most confident
Ferdinand - 4 - Woeful
Vidic - 5 - Doesnt look confident
Evra - 6 - Less impressive day than usual

Valencia - 6 - When he got the ball he was decent, although needs to get those crosses in
Scholes - 4 - Not enough time on the ball in these types of games
Carrick - 6 - Alright, nothing special
Giggs - 5 - Average, again overrun

Rooney - 5 - Not much service but didnt look at his best anyway
Berbatov - 4 - Utter shite, I like Berbatov but in these types of games he's not the man for it

Subs

Owen - 6 - Don't know what anyone else thinks but if Carragher doesnt pull him back and get away with it he scores.
Nani - 5 - Not much time but was quite lively.

Godfather

VDS- 7

OShea- 4
Vidic- 4
Rio- 4
Evra- 5

Valencia- 6
Carrick- 4
Scholes- 5
Giggs - 3

Rooney- 3.5
Berbatov- 4

Godfather

Valencia and Nani on the wings for most part of the season is our best pairing I would say

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
VDS - 8

O'Shea - 5 Didn't support Valencia well, standing off players once or twice
Ferdinand - 5 If Bellamy was down to rustiness, I don't know what this was down to. Lost his calmness and assuredness imo, needs to get it back somehow somewhere
Vidic - 6 Was always teetering on a red after the yellow given how we were playing, exposed against Torres
Evra - 5 Worst I've seen him play for a long time, seem to go AWOL after the yellow

Valencia - 6 First half good, second half invisible except a good shot, can't cross
Carrick - 7 One of our best players, always an outlet. Misplaced some passes but getting somewhere back to his best
Scholes - 5 Overrun, but a good outlet when he was on. No legs.
Giggs - 6 Can't rely on him forever

Berbatov - 5 Quiet, on the periphery which I criticised him a lot for last season. Gave up when things weren't going his way. Shouldn't have been brought off tho
Rooney - 5 Very poor, but didn't get much service.

Owen - Token sub
Nani - Frustrating
Anderson - Why was he not brought on?

cj_sparky

Van der Sar - 8

O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 5
Vidic - 5
Evra - 7

Valencia - 7
Scholes - 5
Carrick - 5
Giggs - 6

Rooney - 5
Berbatov - 5

Subs

Owen - 6
Nani - 6

kps88

I would say Valencia being our best player had alot to do with Insua being shit.

sebaveron

lol some of the ratings for Vidic are ridiculous.

He dealt with Torres everytime he needed to (Ferdinand lost him for the goal). Makes you wonder which game people were watching! He was strong in the air too, and made some top clearances.

Just fecked up for the sending off.

SecondFig

Van der Sar - 8 (MOTM) - Some good saves, not at fault for the goals.

O'Shea - 6 - Thought he was decent, not great, but not bad by any means.
Ferdinand - 5 - Far from commanding.
Vidic - 5 - Three consecutive games against Liverpool, 3 consecutive red cards - fecking learn. Prior to that our best defender though.
Evra - 5 - The early yellow ruined his game, and he was unlucky for the yellow.

Valencia - 7 - Thought he was our best attacking outlet today, unlucky with his shot but does need to work on his left foot.
Scholes - 5 - Just couldn't get into the game, always rushed and never effective.
Carrick - 6 - Better than Scholes, but still didn't show the creativity or fight needed for a 2-man midfield.
Giggs - 6 - Struggled to get into the game.

Rooney - 5 - Didn't see much of the ball, and when he saw it he didn't do anything with it.
Berbatov - 5 - Unlucky to be booked, but just was on a different wavelength to Rooney and the passes never came off.

Subs

Owen - 6 - Only real impact was somehow not getting Carragher sent off.
Nani - 5 - Typical frustrating Nani, wasting free kicks and passes.

Overall - 5 - Liverpool were the better team, wanted it more and deserved their win.

Referee - 3 - Embarrassingly bad. I can understand the constant 50/50s going to Liverpool as they're the home side, the crowd is baying for the decisions. He should of course be better than that, but he wasn't - I can live with that. But the yellows he gave us and didn't give Liverpool players were shocking, and how on earth Carragher wasn't shown a straight red is beyond me. Appalling, but despite that we were beaten by the opposition, not by the ref'.

Brwned

Valencia and Nani on the wings for most part of the season is our best pairing I would say
Besides the fact Giggs has been our best player, while playing on the wing, this season?

Brwned

He dealt with Torres everytime he needed to (Ferdinand lost him for the goal). Makes you wonder which game people were watching! He was strong in the air too, and made some top clearances.

He fouled him pretty much any time Torres got near him.

Starting 11

Van Der Sar (7) Brilliant saves. Excellent handling. Confident kicking under pressure. Unprotected at times.

O'Shea (6) Average. Mostly solid defending. Wasteful long balls. No attacking contribution.
Ferdinand (5) Slack. Strong and decisive start. Silky footwork. Worsened in second half. Beaten by Torres.
Vidic (5) Guilty. Good headed clearances. Shielded ball well. Shocking tackling late on. Sent off yet again.
Evra (6) Culpable. 50-50 tackling. suspect positioning! Positive runs. Aided our attack.

Valencia (6) Useful. Some interceptions. Few good crosses. Always available. Hit bar late on.
Scholes (5) Playmaker. Range of passing. Found time and space. One sloppy moment. Subbed for ineffectiveness.
Carrick (6) Decent. Defensive shield. Accurate, incisive passing. Limited attacking contribution.
Giggs (5) Inhibited. Probing passes. Well timed tackles. Overhit cross. Unable to influence play.

Rooney (5) Blunt. Tried killer balls. Great awareness. Header on goal. Blocked free kick. Ineffective
Berbatov (5) Frustrated. Decent touch. Held ball despite pressure. Wasteful passing. Lacked cutting edge.

Subs

Owen (5) Intelligent runs. Good link up play. Forced Carragher to bring him down.
Nani (5) Loose touches. Shot on target. Free kick saved. Couldnt influence.

Overall (5) Toothless :o On the biggest of occasions at Anfield we failed to perform, yet again. The match started with both teams desperately trying not to make a mistake. However we created less opportunities and defended for most of the time. In the second half we struggled to raise our game despite forcing a few opportunities. However the complacency crept in and we sloppily pressed self destruct by conceding and losing Vidic. Never looked like winning, didnt deserve anything. Our wake up call.

Referee (4) Weak man. Carragher should have walked with Mascherano. Favoured Liverpool in 50-50's. Influenced by the home support.

nemanja15

van der Sar - 8

O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 6.5
Vidic - 7 (I thought he was very solid until his rugby tackle)
Evra - 7

Valencia - 6
Carrick - 5
Scholes - 5
Giggs - 6

Rooney - 5
Berbatov - 5.5

SUBS:
Owen - 6
Nani - 5

kps88

Sorry I disagree. Everytime Torres managed to turn him he looked awful and needed help.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I'd say the exact same thing should be said for Ferdinand, ok at fault for the goal but apart from that dealt with Torres a lot better than Vidic yet gets 5 because of one mistake

Surely the ratings should be based over the 90 minutes? Ferdinand was much better than Vidic today

sebaveron

I'd say the exact same thing should be said for Ferdinand, ok at fault for the goal but apart from that dealt with Torres a lot better than Vidic yet gets 5 because of one mistake

Surely the ratings should be based over the 90 minutes? Ferdinand was much better than Vidic today
Granted defensively he made the one error, but it was the error that gave the game to them end of the day. And his distribution wasn't as good as usual. But I see your point.

Clique

Am i the only one here who believe torres was kept a bit quiet till the goal?...Benayoun caused us problems as did Kuyt. But torres was negated till the goal and mostly by Vidic. Sure he did make some rash tackles and gave away some fouls. But he didn't get raped by Torres as some of you claim he was.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Van Der Sar: fecking great to have him back. Great saves and fast releases down the flanks. 8

O Shea: Dependable. Didn't put a foot wrong, although was caught upfield for their second (but then who wasn't). 7
Ferdinand: Looks old. Was outpaced by Torres and a bit shaky. 5
Vidic: The second yellow was one he had to take for the team. However, I found his defending for their first poor - completely flat footed, and wasn't in a shape to either turn and chase or stick a foot out and stop the ball. 5
Evra: Let the occasion get to him. 6

Valencia: Our best outfield player - fecking fast down the right, and almost scored. 7.
Scholes: Not as bad as some people are making him out to be on here. Tidy in possession except for one slip, good defensive player and no horror tackles. 6
Carrick: Hot and cold through the middle. Had one of those games where he was key in the getting the ball out after an opposition attack, but not that good in their half. 5
Giggs: Double marked by Kuyt and Johnson, their physicality took him out of the game. 5

Rooney: Angry and ineffective, although hardly his fault given the service. 5
Berbatov: Angled passes not coming off for him today. 5

Subs:

Nani: Livened the game up through the middle. 5
Owen: Hauled down when through. Always a danger. 5.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
VDS - 8: Good performance by him today. We could have let in more had it not been for him.
O'Shea - 6: How does he manage to look like a big clumsy lump running around the pitch, despite looking fairly fit when viewed from close range.
Rio - 5: Time for him to be dropped, and Evans to be given his chance.
Vidic - 6: Okay, until the sending off.
Evra - 6: Some good attacking runs, but really annoyed me on a couple of occasions with his lazy defending/recovery.
Carrick - 6: Meh, couldn't control the midfield and lots of misplaced passes.
Scholes - 4: It was like we were playing with 10 men from the start.
Valencia - 6: Tried, but was always marked by two defenders. It didn't help that O'shea refused to support him in attack.
Giggs - 6: At least he tried.
Rooney - 5: Rubbish.
Berbatov - 5: Stop blaming everyone else for your faults.

CheadleBeagle

Van der Sar - 8
O'Shea - 6
Ferdinand - 5
Vidic - 6
Evra - 6
Valencia -7
Carrick -6
Scholes - 6 good passes but shouldn't have started as was outmuscled
Giggs - 6
Berbatov - 5
Rooney - 6 tried but looked unfit

Owen -6 set up the best chance for Valencia; should have been on earlier
Nani-6

I think Owen should have started as he was up for it and made a difference. This was not a Berbatov type of game.

Cold_Boy

Van der Sar - 8

O'Shea - 6 - One of the better players
Ferdinand - 3 - Got rapped by Torres again.
Vidic - 4 - He is actually scared of them.
Evra - 7 -Decent.

Valencia - 6 - Was one of our best players.But still average.
Scholes - 5 - Out muscled.
Carrick - 5 - Can't pass nowadays
Giggs - 6 -

Rooney - 4 - Rubbish display
Berbatov - 5 -

Subs

Owen -
Nani -