Ravel Morrison | Derby player

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Scored his first goal in English league football since 2014 (and his first in any league football since he knocked in three in the Mexican league four years ago) against Barnsley in a relegation 6-pointer... and scored his second 20 minutes later.

On a hat-trick now. :D
Nice! Chuffed for him and Rooney! Best managerial feat in the country if keeps them up

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was reading the Derby forum about him the other day and they call him the king of the backwards pass.

Stacks

So he’s panned out as a squad player in the championship under a manager who has stuck it out with him. Fair enough. Championship is no joke these days.
Most academy players dont make it in the premier league
Scored his first goal in English league football since 2014 (and his first in any league football since he knocked in three in the Mexican league four years ago) against Barnsley in a relegation 6-pointer... and scored his second 20 minutes later.

On a hat-trick now. :D
If he can bag a hattrick at that level then might be worth a punt at Utd
Let's bring him back to replace Ronaldo. He just needs manager like Rangnick and he'll back to his best from 12 years ago.
Good shout. He's probably never had a decent coach.
I was reading the Derby forum about him the other day and they call him the king of the backwards pass.
They know nout about football

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good shout. He's probably never had a decent coach.
Yeah, good manager is everything that he needed all these years. I am surprised why Pep hasn't tried him instead of Grealish.

Thiagoal

My mate went to the game today and said he was unplayable. Easily his best performance for them and he looks settled and happy! Lovely finish for the first as well apparently

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Be a great story (and something I never would have predicted in a million years!) if Rooney is the manager who finally gets the best out of him. Obviously he’s not someone we should ever consider taking back at United but still be good to see him have a bit of an Indian summer.

Revaulx

Be a great story (and something I never would have predicted in a million years!) if Rooney is the manager who finally gets the best out of him. Obviously he’s not someone we should ever consider taking back at United but still be good to see him have a bit of an Indian summer.
Wouldn’t it just :)

The horrible pall of nostalgia and sentimentality that’s enveloped United and much of its fan base over recent years has driven me in the opposite direction and turned me into a cold, hard-bitten cynic. Rooney’s demeanour and success at Derby has been a genuine delight to see; his getting something out of Ravel for even a short time would be truly heartwarming.

lsd

The Oracle
Gotta say it's a lovely goal all round from build up to finish. If only we could do this tomorrow

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Came here to post his goal as just seen it on twitter. Was like, surely that's not Ravel!

Cracker of a goal and the step over is pure Rooney Tevez

Foxbatt

He looks much fitter too. Maybe the Derby thing is the best thing to happen to him. Rooney as manager and the transfer restrictions means he got to play and hence gets fitter and then he is enjoying it and hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe someone like Rooney understand him much more than an older generational manager?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He looks much fitter too. Maybe the Derby thing is the best thing to happen to him. Rooney as manager and the transfer restrictions means he got to play and hence gets fitter and then he is enjoying it and hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe someone like Rooney understand him much more than an older generational manager?
Fair point. Rooney did have a troubled past himself to an extent. Maybe Ravel and him just get along and understand each other more? Maybe Wazza isn't as restrictive and told him he can have his drinks?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Came here to say this XD Such an incredibly important goal!

Ravel is finally having a good season as a footballer.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Assuming they hold on for the win looks like they'd need to catch up 6 points on Reading in 6 games. Doesn't seem likely but it would be a monumental effort if they manage it. 4 wins out of 6 is probably about right for what's needed?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's a shame Derby are probably a couple of games short of being able to survive the drop. Has Rooney has said whether he'll stay there next year? If he leaves, you've got to think he'll take Ravel with him (unless it's to a top-half prem team).

Reducation

According to Wikipedia he's made 35 appearances for Derby this season, which looks like his best rate yet. Credit Mr Rooney?..... And, he'll still be in his twenties when next season starts.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Not sure if many others on here follow Ravel much but I must say it does fill me with happiness to see him succeeding over the last season.

He played more games than any previous season and scored more goals.Played in more games this season than theprevious 4. 11 international appearances as well and 2 goals this season. Brining him to nearly 50 appearances for the whole season.

And let’s remember he’s been playing at a Derby side which were destined for relegation from the beginning and weren’t able to make signings in January either.

Don’t get me wrong he wasn’t there stand out player by any means and he did have a few poor patches. But on the whole he’s had a great season which has now been capped off with gold cup qualification.

He seems to have a good rapport with the fans, squad and manager and seems to be the most settled he’s ever been. And actually seems to be a positive influence on a lot of the youth players which have came through Derby’s ranks too.

I love an underdog story and it’s really uplifting to see how much Ravel has turned his life round this last year, and I’m sure he still has a few good seasons left in the tank too.

I think as a player he needs a manager that understands him and a fan base which loves him. I hope he stays at Derby and pushes on from last season, really rooting for the guy.

Keep up the good work Ravel!

Needham

Not sure if many others on here follow Ravel much but I must say it does fill me with happiness to see him succeeding over the last season.

He played more games than any previous season and scored more goals.Played in more games this season than theprevious 4. 11 international appearances as well and 2 goals this season. Brining him to nearly 50 appearances for the whole season.

And let’s remember he’s been playing at a Derby side which were destined for relegation from the beginning and weren’t able to make signings in January either.

Don’t get me wrong he wasn’t there stand out player by any means and he did have a few poor patches. But on the whole he’s had a great season which has now been capped off with gold cup qualification.

He seems to have a good rapport with the fans, squad and manager and seems to be the most settled he’s ever been. And actually seems to be a positive influence on a lot of the youth players which have came through Derby’s ranks too.

I love an underdog story and it’s really uplifting to see how much Ravel has turned his life round this last year, and I’m sure he still has a few good seasons left in the tank too.

I think as a player he needs a manager that understands him and a fan base which loves him. I hope he stays at Derby and pushes on from last season, really rooting for the guy.

Keep up the good work Ravel!
You're filled with happiness for an individual ridiculously blessed with talent lifted by giants onto their shoulders and shown the direct route to the promised land who repeatedly spurned their guidance and time?
PM me, I'm looking for someone to transfer millions from my west African account

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
You're filled with happiness for an individual ridiculously blessed with talent lifted by giants onto their shoulders and shown the direct route to the promised land who repeatedly spurned their guidance and time?
PM me, I'm looking for someone to transfer millions from my west African account
Yeah I am indeed, nothing wrong with being able to be happy for others. He's had his battles and came out the other side and is doing well, long may it continue. Would you rather him still be in the gutter?

saivet

Yeah I am indeed, nothing wrong with being able to be happy for others. He's had his battles and came out the other side and is doing well, long may it continue. Would you rather him still be in the gutter?
I'm happy for him too. He hasn't fulfilled his potential but like you say it's nice to see that he's in a better place and was playing regular football which hasn't ever happened in his career. I hope he stays at Derby too as I think he's at a stage now where I think he'd be better off playing regular football in league 1 than moving to another club and having issues settling or not being a regular first team player. He seems like a player that is not well suited to be being a squad or back up player, so staying at Deby and being a regular would be good for him.

Bojan Djordjic

I get the impression from reading between the lines that he had an extremely tough childhood up and so maybe things that are pretty ingrained in you or I were a real struggle for him. Clearly needed way more support and hand holding as a young pro but was taken advantage of by likes of Sam Allardyce.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Don't be so jusgemet. It's clear he had his own demons.

Not only did he demons cost him a career but a life of premier league football. I think it's normal to face some sympathy.

He was stealing rio and Rooney's shoes in the youth team to sell them and buy stuff for his mom. The guy grew up underprivileged in a toxic as he environment.

I am very happy to see him get on track. Keep going Ravel