Ravel Morrison | Derby player

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's weird that people seem offensive if someone doesn't like him.

From all the info we got, and some of his short interviews and clips, social media behaviour and stuff like that, he doesn't seem like a nice and smart guy at all, so why all the love for him? He also doesn't care much about United even though the club stood by him for long while he continued to act like a cnut, so there isn't any connection with him that some United fans seem to have.

Saying that, I don't mind if people have a soft spot for him for whatevet the reason, just find it weird that some people feel almost offended when others don't share the same love for him.

DevTheRed

Class that he’s matured somewhat and seemingly enjoying football again. He’ll tear league one apart next season as long as he stays focussed.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Rooney's leaving Derby, wonder where Ravel ends up next since he's out of contract.

He proved he could play at the Championship level

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Was linked with a move to Preston apparently. Can see him staying at Derby, he's settled and gets gametime.
Not sure about that. Club might not even exist in a few weeks.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Linked up with Rooney in DC

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Was linked with a move to Preston apparently. Can see him staying at Derby, he's settled and gets gametime.
He was playing for Rooney, and the new manager will have his own ideas and might not want Ravel. Or Ravel might not like the new manager :lol:

Devil81

Wonder if he will struggle to get a visa given his criminal record.

I hope he gets it because Rooney really does seem to be helping him.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Great to see the connection between him and Rooney.

Given a few worse decisions, Rooney’s career could’ve gone the same way as Morrison’s. I reckon Rooney sees a bit of himself in Ravel.

Really hope it works out for both of them over there.

Chairman Steve

Whenever I see a Ravel Morrison thread getting bumped, I always assume it’s going to be someone who’ll say that we should purchase him and put him in our team

”We don’t need Frenkie, just get Ravel back because United DNA and vibes!”

bringbackbebe

Don't be so jusgemet. It's clear he had his own demons.

Not only did he demons cost him a career but a life of premier league football. I think it's normal to face some sympathy.

He was stealing rio and Rooney's shoes in the youth team to sell them and buy stuff for his mom. The guy grew up underprivileged in a toxic as he environment.

I am very happy to see him get on track. Keep going Ravel
Success is relative. For some, it's getting a Ballon d'Or. For others, it's making a career at some level of professional football. Ravel could have made it to the first list, but I'm happy at least he's done something rather than ending up in jail. United fans will always have fond memories of his potential.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Great to see the connection between him and Rooney.

Given a few worse decisions, Rooney’s career could’ve gone the same way as Morrison’s. I reckon Rooney sees a bit of himself in Ravel.

Really hope it works out for both of them over there.
There are definitely similarities. I reckon Rooney is not a control/discipline freak and probably told him to enjoy his life outside the pitch as long as we does well on it.

Maybe he goes lighter on him in training who knows. But it's working

saivet

Signed on a 1+1 year contract subject to visa being approved. Good move for him given Rooney is the manager as it seems he's someone that actually get him which is probably the most important thing for someone like him.

Hope he and Rooney do well.

Chief123

Surely he’ll go down as the greatest example of mental application can be the difference between greatness and nothing. He could really have gone right to the top. When you hear of the likes of Pogba not even being close to him at the academy level, it’s a tragic story.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Surely he’ll go down as the greatest example of mental application can be the difference between greatness and nothing. He could really have gone right to the top. When you hear of the likes of Pogba not even being close to him at the academy level, it’s a tragic story.
Well there seems to be nothing wrong with him at the moment and he's gone from championship to USA, I don't see PL interests in him?

He is not 40 year old, he should be in his best years fitness wise.

SambaBoy

Well there seems to be nothing wrong with him at the moment and he's gone from championship to USA, I don't see PL interests in him?

He is not 40 year old, he should be in his best years fitness wise.
Wasted too many important years doing nothing really and stunted his long term development. He was probably a Championship level player at 16/17 and is now still a Championship level player.

Foxbatt

Wasted too many important years doing nothing really and stunted his long term development. He was probably a Championship level player at 16/17 and is now still a Championship level player.
He has played in the PL and played well when he played. He certainly is technically good enough to play in the PL even now. His problems have not been his football but outside issues.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Absolutely stunning goal today,

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fair enough to be honest. He's probably the best quality player available on cheap that Rooney can take along wherever he goes.
Exactly.
Rooney knows him well, Ravel knows Rooney, it seems to work, haven't seen anyone get much out of Ravel bar Rooney.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Every time this thread gets bumped I really hope its good news. Lovely to see him doing so well, what a great goal. There will always be talk of what could have been but what his recent trajectory is given his past struggles is worthy of appreciation.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How has he been playing? At derby he was quiet with moments of brilliance if I recall correctly

JagUTD

Should have applied for his own given he has debilitating stupidity.

Grande

Huh. Didn't even know he moved to the MLS. Maybe a title update?
No, the title just points out he was always nailed on to dominate against Liverpool, Millwall, Aston Villa, Brentford, Swansea, Roma, CD Guadalajara, GIF Sundsvall, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Feyenoord, Nottingham Forest and not to forget New York Blue Balls.

K Stand Knut

No, the title just points out he was always nailed on to dominate against Liverpool, Millwall, Aston Villa, Brentford, Swansea, Roma, CD Guadalajara, GIF Sundsvall, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Feyenoord, Nottingham Forest and not to forget New York Blue Balls.
He doesn’t play for them anymore.

Maybe contracted to them but I played with a lad the other day who plays Saturday/Sunday league with him in Manchester somewhere

Baxquux

looked a decent championship midfielder at Derby- what happened at dc for him to not even end up with a squad place this season (and this under his old derby boss) ?