Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

tintedsepia

And you know this how? Are you claiming to be ITK yet don't know whether he's injured or not?
Not claiming to be an ITK! Never claimed to be ITK. Have some sources inside OT but I've never asked them about Morrison!

In fact I said that I didn't know if this had already been covered on this forum - so thought could have already been public knowledge.

datura

Not claiming to be an ITK! Never claimed to be ITK. Have some sources inside OT but I've never asked them about Morrison!

In fact I said that I didn't know if this had already been covered on this forum - so thought could have already been public knowledge.
Nothing has come from any of the normal channels. There was speculation about the US trip, but nothing concrete and denied by trustworthy journos. There has been no talk at all about a loan move anywhere.

tintedsepia

Nothing has come from any of the normal channels. There was speculation about the US trip, but nothing concrete and denied by trustworthy journos. There has been no talk at all about a loan move anywhere.
That's not true. Came from the man himself! Try his Twitter Feed.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That's why I never use exclamation marks. You just risk heartbreak ;)

Striker10

I don't think he is but stranger things have happened. Sir Alex seems to think Pogba with an injury, is ahead of Morrison.

jb8521

I don't think he is but stranger things have happened. Sir Alex seems to think Pogba with an injury, is ahead of Morrison.
Pogba had a slight knock and Morrison is actually injured and has been out for the past month which isn't really the same as sir Alex thinking an injured pogba is ahead of Morrison.

Striker10

Pogba had a slight knock and Morrison is actually injured and has been out for the past month which isn't really the same as sir Alex thinking an injured pogba is ahead of Morrison.
Fair enough. What is Morrisons injury?

forevrared

Man United Foundation on Twitter said:
Weve been enjoying the sunshine with Chris Smalling, Phil Jones & Ravel by visiting Francis House.More pics on FB 2moro
I suppose it's a good thing that he's doing his duty as an ambassador for the club apparently as a member of the first team. Places like that may make him realize how lucky he is.

Oh for fecks sake, he's injured.

As the above article says, this "where is Ravel?" phenomenon is getting annoying.
It frustrates me as well. I've said it before but he's behind in his progress. At his age and with his talent he should be pushing hard for the first team like Pogba, and he should be regularly involved in the England squads at youth level.

Jack Wilshere's 19, and he's 18 but there's a big difference in what they've achieved so far.

datura

It frustrates me as well. I've said it before but he's behind in his progress. At his age and with his talent he should be pushing hard for the first team like Pogba, and he should be regularly involved in the England squads at youth level.

Jack Wilshere's 19, and he's 18 but there's a big difference in what they've achieved so far.
I don't think playing for the England squads at youth level is particular loss if you've ever seen them play.

Re the comparison with Wilshere, who cares? You could say the same re Pogba too. Players mature at different ages, and the injury in preseason and the start of the reserve season has knocked him back.

AVARiCE

Jack's also out for a number of months with an injury he received on international duty, has the pressure of being one of his club's best players simply because he has balls (irrespective of talent, it would seem) and has had his fair share of controversies considering his age.

Ravel's got a problem and if SAF has decided the best way to sort it out is to give him some breathing space then so be it. I'd trust SAF's way before I'd trust Wenger's and, using your own example, it's not like Jack's reaping the rewards of his football upbringing, is it?

I don't think playing for the England squads at youth level is particular loss if you've ever seen them play.

Re the comparison with Wilshere, who cares? You could say the same re Pogba too. Players mature at different ages, and the injury in preseason and the start of the reserve season has knocked him back.
Jack's also out for a number of months with an injury he received on international duty, has the pressure of being one of his club's best players simply because he has balls (irrespective of talent, it would seem) and has had his fair share of controversies considering his age.

Ravel's got a problem and if SAF has decided the best way to sort it out is to give him some breathing space then so be it. I'd trust SAF's way before I'd trust Wenger's and, using your own example, it's not like Jack's reaping the rewards of his football upbringing, is it?
Decent points. I guess we all just want to see more of him wherever possible. He's such an exciting player.

lysglimt

Scout
I am actually happy that we aren't rushing Morrison towards the first-team. I still think it could be his downfall if he did a "Macheda" at a too early age.

I have no doubts that he will be given a chance when Ferguson considers him mature enough - and physically he probably is - but mentally ? Now that is another story

Tribec

I'm not sure he is mature enough, physically. Definitely got the talent but nowhere near as sturdily built as the likes of Wilshere or Pogba. He got a lot taller in the recent past. No harm giving him another 6-12 months to fill out a bit.
I know it's a different time, different player, but if Giggs was coming through today, looking like the scrawny teenager he was back in 91. Would you be saying the same thing about him as you are about Morrison???

Morrison will burst into the first team when Fergie thinks he's ready for it, be it against Aldershot in a few weeks or at the start of next season. I think the only safe thing to say is that once in the team and he shines, it will be difficult to hold him back.

datura

I think, in general, if a player has exceptional physical gifts (and talent) then they are often blooded earlier.

For example, Giggs had outstanding pace, Rooney a great physique, etc. Of course there are exceptions.

I struggle a bit to see where Morrison would fit into our current side, his best position is probably the free role behind the striker, and he's not going to dislodge Rooney, and he's not as good wide as Young/Valencia/Nani.

Striker10

In the hole or in midfield. I think as long as you give him some freedom, he'll be tremendous. However, yeah he's lacking maturity. Hopefully that will come.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I think, in general, if a player has exceptional physical gifts (and talent) then they are often blooded earlier.

For example, Giggs had outstanding pace, Rooney a great physique, etc. Of course there are exceptions.

I struggle a bit to see where Morrison would fit into our current side, his best position is probably the free role behind the striker, and he's not going to dislodge Rooney, and he's not as good wide as Young/Valencia/Nani.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we promote him to first XI player at this point

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't why you posted that you apparently know something about him. You'll now get many people PMing you asking for information.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I don't think people are suggesting you're making stuff up, CLK, but it's probably best just to keep quiet altogether rather than allude to something happening.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just DM'ed it to you so make of it what you want
I wasn't accusing you of making stuff up mate. But there are already loads of rumors and stories about Ravel, I think it's best not to add to them without any confirmation.