Ravel Morrison

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I like to see our own become successful, what's wrong with that?

Barca have done it for years. We give up on our academy products too easily. (Not talking about Morrison here but guys like Keane, Januzaj, Drinkwater, etc)
Because they aren't good enough? There's no place for sentimentality. Drinkwater is not Fabregas, Keane is not Pique.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Nope, nothing to see there, he's actually pretty much a genius on the pitch. One of those players who always seem to do the right thing in a zidanesque way. His biggest weakness is that no one trusts him enough to play him enough. Even against big boys in 15 mins vs fulham he turned the match around.
If that would be true he would have had so many better games and wouldn't struggle to find a club. His performances have been not good enough so there must be more to that than just the romantic thought of a genius on the pitch with the wrong attitude

RC89

I know one thing the boy is very talented , now he's going very cheap, would you be willing to take a punt on him knowing that pogba is playing in the same team and a player that genuinely loved him , I'm a big believer in giving people a second chance , the kids too talented to let go , I might be off my box saying this , the kid is a complete nutter surrounded
by the culture he grew up with but Jesus he can play and we all witnessed this !
Thing is, he's had multiple chances at very decent clubs. He's messed about too much during his crucial years of development. I love the idea of our youths making but afraid he's already sealed his fate as wasted talent.

Jaybomb

Because they aren't good enough? There's no place for sentimentality. Drinkwater is not Fabregas, Keane is not Pique.
No but Pogba is Fabregas. And we already had Pique. Poor comparison.

Barca brought back Denis Suarez and Deulofeu. Yet we're shipping the likes of Januzaj and Zaha off for next to nothing with no buyback clauses. Jonny Evans shouldn't have been sold either. Not when we still have Smalling and Jones stinking it up. Evans was way more of a composed leader at the back than those two. He could actually pass too.

ivaldo

No but Pogba is Fabregas. And we already had Pique. Poor comparison.

Barca brought back Denis Suarez and Deulofeu. Yet we're shipping the likes of Januzaj and Zaha off for next to nothing with no buyback clauses. Jonny Evans shouldn't have been sold either. Not when we still have Smalling and Jones stinking it up. Evans was way more of a composed leader at the back than those two. He could actually pass too.
No it's not. It makes absolutely no difference whether we had Pique or not. It was about Barca buying back players. It was your point, you should understand it.

And we bought back Pogba... so how does this show we aren't willing to sign back ex players? We didn't want to get rid of him in the first place. But Pogba was playing for Juventus and was a class player, he was good enough. Morrison is pinballing between clubs and can't hold down a position at clubs far below our standing. There's no conparison.

You're barmy if you think Deulofeu is going to get regular playing time. He'll stick around for a year and then will be sold at a hefty profit.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
It's a good move for him playing under Redknapp who managed to get the most out of talented nutters like Di Canio

If he had a more professional head on his shoulders he would be the best English player by a mile right now.
Such a ridiculous suggestion. He's never shown anything to suggest he can compete at a professional level. He was fantastic as a kid - well so are so many youngsters, and it's not about raw skills in the professional game. Strength, stamina, closing down, creativity, finding space, pressing etc are the sort of qualities players need to develop as they step up into the mans game, its not just about mental strength. He lacks in so much.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is utter crazy. At Lazio he would go AWOL for days only to return and blame everyone for judging him about his past and not giving him another chance. He makes Balotelli looks sane.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
A case of too much too young this lad. That's the dangers of giving some uneducated Jack the lads a load of money before they have the common sense to know what to do with it.

At least he hasn't built a dirt-track in his back garden though... Yet.

Good luck to him in Mexico though, he's gonna need it with his attitude cos if he winds the wrong person up they'll find him hanging from an overpass. They don't feck around over there.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Soon he'll hang out with the kids of narcos, who like to show off with hummers and golden AKs I YouTube clips.:lol:
:lol: I literally couldn't think of a worse place for Morrison to attempt to revive his career than Guadalajara.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Is he not on loan at QPR?
He was at Birmingham under Harry, they made an offer to take him and pay some of his wages but Lazio wanted more.

Harry said he's not had any problems with him at all, but he is not at the level he once was and Lazio are/were asking too much for him.

Devil81

He was at Birmingham under Harry, they made an offer to take him and pay some of his wages but Lazio wanted more.

Harry said he's not had any problems with him at all, but he is not at the level he once was and Lazio are/were asking too much for him.
Those comments by Harry have done a lot of damage, I think it was harsh of him to suggest his abilities have declined.

Having said that Morrison is stealing money from football clubs and should be ashamed at the way he's wasted his god given ability. The money will dry up and he will no doubt turn to drug dealing and crime to keep up his lifestyle, saying that I think that's the life he actually wants.

Robbie Boy

Ah ok, thought he was on loan at QPR for some reason.

Red_toad

Those comments by Harry have done a lot of damage, I think it was harsh of him to suggest his abilities have declined.

Having said that Morrison is stealing money from football clubs and should be ashamed at the way he's wasted his god given ability. The money will dry up and he will no doubt turn to drug dealing and crime to keep up his lifestyle, saying that I think that's the life he actually wants.
Not his ability, more he's carrying a few extra pounds and is out of shape.

Looks like he's had a bit of a accident by the wet patch on his pants.

Red_toad

If we can get his entourage put away or shoved off a cliff he may scrape a career together
Lad is planning to retire to Jamaica, he'll be a lot closer in Mexico. I'd say he's not currently got the desire to commit to the sport at this point in his life. Is a shame. Can't really blame his crew, as he's spent a lot of time out of the country, his lady is his only real companion from his younger days.

saivet

If we can get his entourage put away or shoved off a cliff he may scrape a career together
He's finished as far as making it proper. I always had hope but the guy is not cut out to be top level footballer. Just doesn't have the right mentality/attitude. It's a shame, as he could have been so good, but it's the way things go.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
LOL, yeah i created the name when ravel was still in our youth setup. circa this:
Heh. Can't blame you, he should have become a great player. Bit unfortunate name now that he's a nobody, though.

ivaldo

A case of too much too young this lad. That's the dangers of giving some uneducated Jack the lads a load of money before they have the common sense to know what to do with it.

At least he hasn't built a dirt-track in his back garden though... Yet.

Good luck to him in Mexico though, he's gonna need it with his attitude cos if he winds the wrong person up they'll find him hanging from an overpass. They don't feck around over there.
Nah, he was a bellend way before he had money. He was happens to be a complete dickhead who is good at football.

Tiber

The OP....wow! Assume this thread was created when he wasn't getting a game in the championship?