RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Red and White Kop – The Shame of Liverpool
Author : Stretty Filed under: Rivals

Throughout a season when Liverpool have been consistently crap on the field, their fans have been consistently mental off the field. More specifically, on an internet forum called Red and White Kop (RAWK).

For the members of of RAWK, their season has been dire for a combination of reasons, the most ludicrous being that there’s a conspiracy within the FA and Premier League to stop them from winning anything.

Quite how this is possible is beyond me, but the ‘RAWKITES’ as they call themselves, or ‘SPASTICS’ as others refer to them, are convinced that Sir Alex Ferguson is involved in the plot and regularly bribes referees to make them lose and help Manchester United win.

Apparently they’re a much better team than us and if not for the corrupt officiating they would have finished higher than us in the table. Without Rooney we’re just a mid table team, although they said the same about Ronaldo. I dread to think where they would finish without Fernando Torres.

One of the amazing things about RAWK is its members blind faith in Rafael Benitez. The man has taken a Champions League winning team and turned them into 7th placed team with no Champions League football for next season. The squad they have now is actually worse than the squad that he inherited from Gerard Houllier, despite spending (wasting) over £200 million on new signings, considerably more than we’ve spent during the same period I might add.

While he was busy fecking up their squad he was also negotiating a very cushy contract for himself. He had them bent over a barrel at the end. They couldn’t afford to keep him and risk sliding further down the table next season, and they couldn’t afford to sack him because they’d have to pay him around £16 million. In the end they negotiated a deal with Benitez and it’s thought that he walked away with a cool £6 million in his back pocket. Not bad for a 7th placed finish I’m sure you’ll agree.

But while the rest of the country was busy laughing at Liverpool and their manager who was at times a fully fledged mentalist, RAWK was busy writing poems about him and making slushy youtube videos about how great he is. Readers of RAWK are led to believe that he was a brave martyr who stood up for the fans against the nasty American owners who haven’t backed him in the transfer market.

Ironically enough, facts are met with derision and cries of conspiracy when posted on there. If anyone dares post anything remotely logical regarding the amount of money Benitez has spent or how he’s used it to buy average players like Kuyt, Lucas and Babel, they’re quickly shot down by “diehard” members or indeed the moderators themselves. That’s right, the delusion isn’t confined to a few members, it’s actually promoted by the forum staff.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s important to back your manager, particularly in this day and age, but what RAWKITES don’t understand is that they’ve gone way beyond supporting him. They’ve turned him into a figure of worship beyond any form of criticism or objective debate.

Their blind support of a man who has played them like a violin is bordering on insanity. Every time he made mistakes all he had to do was say ‘You’ll never walk alone’ and the fans lapped it up and shifted all blame onto the owners, onto the referees, onto the corrupt FA, onto anybody but Benitez.

Now I wish I could say that RAWK was representative of Liverpool fans in general, but it really isn’t. Other Liverpool sites are embarrassed by RAWK, and the Manchester United forum Red Cafe has a 150 page, 6,000 post thread, just to laugh at their deluded ramblings. They’ve taken supporting their team to a new level of idiocy. Their staunch support of Benitez and their refusal to accept that he could be blame for anything has almost turned them into a cult. They’re living inside an internet bubble where the ‘best club in the world’ is being ruined by outside forces with agendas against them. They epitomize the modern day conspiracy theorist and give us plenty to laugh at on a daily basis.

They regularly assert that the media is against Liverpool, completely ignoring the massive amount of supporters and ex Liverpool players on the TV and in newspapers. Brian Reade, Derek McGovern, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Phil Thompson to name just a few. There is probably a bigger Liverpool supporting contingent in the newspapers and on TV than any other club in the league, but logical reasoning like that is ignored on RAWK in favour of an ‘everybody is against us’ tin foil hat wearing band of idiots who make a mockery of their once great club.

Managerial legends like Paisley and Shankly would be rolling in their graves if they saw what Benitez has done to Liverpool. And the supporters on RAWK should hang their heads in shame for putting Benitez on the same pedestal as those two men who brought so much glory to Anfield in years gone by.

The Fat Spanish Waiter has done nothing for Liverpool. On the contrary, he’s wasted hundreds of millions of pounds, alienated some of their best players who were then sold, bought terrible players and ruined their entire squad. Without Torres and Mascherano they’d most likely be in the bottom half of the table, battling it out with the likes of Bolton and Sunderland. So instead of worshipping Benitez like some dignified Martyr, they should start facing facts and analyzing just how he has managed to spend £250 million and still manage to take them backwards.

Only then will they start to regain some form of reality on that cesspit of hatred and bitterness.

Crispy71

Author : Stretty Filed under: Rivals

Throughout a season when Liverpool have been consistently crap on the field, their fans have been consistently mental off the field. More specifically, on an internet forum called Red and White Kop (RAWK).

For the members of of RAWK, their season has been dire for a combination of reasons, the most ludicrous being that there’s a conspiracy within the FA and Premier League to stop them from winning anything.

Quite how this is possible is beyond me, but the ‘RAWKITES’ as they call themselves, or ‘SPASTICS’ as others refer to them, are convinced that Sir Alex Ferguson is involved in the plot and regularly bribes referees to make them lose and help Manchester United win.

Apparently they’re a much better team than us and if not for the corrupt officiating they would have finished higher than us in the table. Without Rooney we’re just a mid table team, although they said the same about Ronaldo. I dread to think where they would finish without Fernando Torres.

One of the amazing things about RAWK is its members blind faith in Rafael Benitez. The man has taken a Champions League winning team and turned them into 7th placed team with no Champions League football for next season. The squad they have now is actually worse than the squad that he inherited from Gerard Houllier, despite spending (wasting) over £200 million on new signings, considerably more than we’ve spent during the same period I might add.

While he was busy fecking up their squad he was also negotiating a very cushy contract for himself. He had them bent over a barrel at the end. They couldn’t afford to keep him and risk sliding further down the table next season, and they couldn’t afford to sack him because they’d have to pay him around £16 million. In the end they negotiated a deal with Benitez and it’s thought that he walked away with a cool £6 million in his back pocket. Not bad for a 7th placed finish I’m sure you’ll agree.

But while the rest of the country was busy laughing at Liverpool and their manager who was at times a fully fledged mentalist, RAWK was busy writing poems about him and making slushy youtube videos about how great he is. Readers of RAWK are led to believe that he was a brave martyr who stood up for the fans against the nasty American owners who haven’t backed him in the transfer market.

Ironically enough, facts are met with derision and cries of conspiracy when posted on there. If anyone dares post anything remotely logical regarding the amount of money Benitez has spent or how he’s used it to buy average players like Kuyt, Lucas and Babel, they’re quickly shot down by “diehard” members or indeed the moderators themselves. That’s right, the delusion isn’t confined to a few members, it’s actually promoted by the forum staff.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s important to back your manager, particularly in this day and age, but what RAWKITES don’t understand is that they’ve gone way beyond supporting him. They’ve turned him into a figure of worship beyond any form of criticism or objective debate.

Their blind support of a man who has played them like a violin is bordering on insanity. Every time he made mistakes all he had to do was say ‘You’ll never walk alone’ and the fans lapped it up and shifted all blame onto the owners, onto the referees, onto the corrupt FA, onto anybody but Benitez.

Now I wish I could say that RAWK was representative of Liverpool fans in general, but it really isn’t. Other Liverpool sites are embarrassed by RAWK, and the Manchester United forum Red Cafe has a 150 page, 6,000 post thread, just to laugh at their deluded ramblings. They’ve taken supporting their team to a new level of idiocy. Their staunch support of Benitez and their refusal to accept that he could be blame for anything has almost turned them into a cult. They’re living inside an internet bubble where the ‘best club in the world’ is being ruined by outside forces with agendas against them. They epitomize the modern day conspiracy theorist and give us plenty to laugh at on a daily basis.

They regularly assert that the media is against Liverpool, completely ignoring the massive amount of supporters and ex Liverpool players on the TV and in newspapers. Brian Reade, Derek McGovern, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Phil Thompson to name just a few. There is probably a bigger Liverpool supporting contingent in the newspapers and on TV than any other club in the league, but logical reasoning like that is ignored on RAWK in favour of an ‘everybody is against us’ tin foil hat wearing band of idiots who make a mockery of their once great club.

Managerial legends like Paisley and Shankly would be rolling in their graves if they saw what Benitez has done to Liverpool. And the supporters on RAWK should hang their heads in shame for putting Benitez on the same pedestal as those two men who brought so much glory to Anfield in years gone by.

The Fat Spanish Waiter has done nothing for Liverpool. On the contrary, he’s wasted hundreds of millions of pounds, alienated some of their best players who were then sold, bought terrible players and ruined their entire squad. Without Torres and Mascherano they’d most likely be in the bottom half of the table, battling it out with the likes of Bolton and Sunderland. So instead of worshipping Benitez like some dignified Martyr, they should start facing facts and analyzing just how he has managed to spend £250 million and still manage to take them backwards.

Only then will they start to regain some form of reality on that cesspit of hatred and bitterness.
Well said that man!!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Isn't this bordering on obsessive stalking? No wait they've crossed the line a long time ago. :rolleyes:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
FROM RAWK: Official- Rafa's Gone - Who's Next?

Quote from: GraymanSA

Thanks Rafa, you tried, but unfortunately you were not good enough, you were stubborn, you got rid of the wrong players and kept some utter rubbish, you won your silver with Houlliers team, you could not motivate your players and I for one am really happy you are on your bike, should have gone 2 years earlier mind you.

Good luck where ever you go.

Quote from: jeffiner1892

You've probably been banned already for it but that's a load of shite.
:eek::eek::eek:

So much for freedom of speech!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I gotta admit, I will afford a little smile when Rafa's Inter beat us in the near future.
So this guy is already predicting that FSW will get Inter into the Europa League soon. :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Last seasons RAWK thread was around 75 pages, this seasons around 150... I'm betting next seasons will be around 300 pages of pure muppetry/filth/stupidity/entertainment :drool:

OneUnited24

Last seasons RAWK thread was around 75 pages, this seasons around 150... I'm betting next seasons will be around 300 pages of pure muppetry/filth/stupidity/entertainment :drool:
Na, i reckon without Rafa we would not be entertained that much. Both on RAWK and on the pitch

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I bet how the journos and the banks, and every single person somehow related to somebody find it very annoying receiving shitty emails from RAWK regarding every single little thing going on with Rafa.

I really pity them

Dyslexic Untied

I see they don't want Martin O'Neill because he didn't sell them Barry.

"He was treating us like the enemy"

Crustanoid

Remember when Benitez signed, he appeared on the face of it to be a very talented boss, who was well qualified to lead them back to the glory days? Well we all saw what happened - he went slowly mad and ultimately failed spectacularly, and even if they get someone who we consider decent, and a potential threat to their shitness, it could all go the same way again. The club itself seems to have a cancer running through it which is epitomised at its most extreme by the fans on RAWK. I wouldn't bet on them turning another manager shite, mad and fat

Sam.G

Remember when Benitez signed, he appeared on the face of it to be a very talented boss, who was well qualified to lead them back to the glory days? Well we all saw what happened - he went slowly mad and ultimately failed spectacularly, and even if they get someone who we consider decent, and a potential threat to their shitness, it could all go the same way again. The club itself seems to have a cancer running through it which is epitomised at its most extreme by the fans on RAWK. I wouldn't bet on them turning another manager shite, mad and fat
It's odd you see Liverpool fans that way. There is little or no difference between the crap I hear from Liverpool fans and some of the crap I read on here..

With little exposure to Liverpool fans, a lot of you seem to think RAWK is somehow representative when it clearly isn't. I am sure most of your sensible fans agree with this.

Rafa didn't fail at Liverpool due to the weight of expectation from Liverpool fans - he didn't succeed at Liverpool due to various reasons.

Many fans on here have known nothing but success at Utd supporters and it has left them very spoilt. If they think they would be a lot different to Liverpool fans if they were going through something similar, well they are - to coin an oft used term on here - deluded.

Logan!

It's odd you see Liverpool fans that way. There is little or no difference between the crap I hear from Liverpool fans and some of the crap I read on here..

With little exposure to Liverpool fans, a lot of you seem to think RAWK is somehow representative when it clearly isn't. I am sure most of your sensible fans agree with this.

Rafa didn't fail at Liverpool due to the weight of expectation from Liverpool fans - he didn't succeed at Liverpool due to various reasons.

Many fans on here have known nothing but success at Utd supporters and it has left them very spoilt. If they think they would be a lot different to Liverpool fans if they were going through something similar, well they are - to coin an oft used term on here - deluded.
With one hand you're saying that Liverpool fans aren't all that bad, but with your other handyou're defending them for being exactly that.

I do agree with the gist of your post though. RAWK isn't representative of any Liverpool fan that I know, although admittedly I don't know many. The ones I do know agreed with most of us on here that Rafa had tie his own noose in the end. I'm still amazed he walked away with 6 mill. If I'm shit at my job I get sacked. If a football manager is shit at his job he gets millions of pounds as 'reward'. It could almost act as an incentive to be complete toss just after signing a long term contract, just to collect the massive severance payout and then walk into another job.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
With one hand you're saying that Liverpool fans aren't all that bad, but with your other handyou're defending them for being exactly that.

I do agree with the gist of your post though. RAWK isn't representative of any Liverpool fan that I know, although admittedly I don't know many. The ones I do know agreed with most of us on here that Rafa had tie his own noose in the end. I'm still amazed he walked away with 6 mill. If I'm shit at my job I get sacked. If a football manager is shit at his job he gets millions of pounds as 'reward'. It could almost act as an incentive to be complete toss just after signing a long term contract, just to collect the massive severance payout and then walk into another job.

I like the conspiracy theory.

Sam.G

I am saying that supporting Liverpool right now ain't easy!

Vanrouge

You might be right about RAWK, but you're absolutely wrong on United fans, absent our recent success, being the same as (or not a lot different from) some of those utter weirdos. We were frustrated by your lot throughout the 70s and 80s and, though we hated you, naturally, we maintained for the most part a kind of resigned wry humour about our situation, post-1960s.

It's reflected in songs and chants of the time, and although it's easier now to be nonchalant about success ("Who the feck are Man United?"), we've continued that sardonic and often very funny tradition. That's not to say there were no violent, bitter idiots back then, but you are challenging all United fans in your generalisation, and the cap just doesn't fit. What we are seeing from RAWK, and the deep paranoiac levels of delusion displayed by some (not all) Liverpool fans elsewhere, is something different, something pathological -- perhaps it's inflamed by the internet, perhaps not, but it's very, very strange.

Sam.G

You might be right about RAWK, but you're absolutely wrong on United fans, absent our recent success, being the same as (or not a lot different from) some of those utter weirdos. We were frustrated by your lot throughout the 70s and 80s and, though we hated you, naturally, we maintained for the most part a kind of resigned wry humour about our situation, post-1960s.

It's reflected in songs and chants of the time, and although it's easier now to be nonchalant about success ("Who the feck are Man United?"), we've continued that sardonic and often very funny tradition. That's not to say there were no violent, bitter idiots back then, but you are challenging all United fans in your generalisation, and the cap just doesn't fit. What we are seeing from RAWK, and the deep paranoiac levels of delusion displayed by some (not all) Liverpool fans elsewhere, is something different, something pathological -- perhaps it's inflamed by the internet, perhaps not, but it's very, very strange.
As convinced as you appear to be that you are right. I, and most Liverpool fans I know, would beg to differ regarding Utd fans and the way they act.

Am happy to disagree here though!

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
It's a tough one to explain, but I think Liverpool's fans are the way they are because of what the fans have had to endure, lending itself to the theory that it's a situational thing. I don't think anyone's arguing that Liverpool fans are born this way, and that's just who they are!

In a way their situation is unique. They are the most successful team in their country, yet they haven't won a league title for 20 years. I can't think of a single other major European team who have suffered the same fate in recent times. That must be a hell of a bitter pill to swallow. So much success, then nothing, for decades. To compound matters, it's been United, their most hated rival, who have filled the void of their failure, and taken their mantle as the country's premier club, winning almost every trophy in sight. Damaged pride doesn't even begin to cover it, it's much deeper than that - psychological trauma would be more apt!

This has made them bitter, angry, despondent, and desperate for any hope of success. The repeated succession of failed managers has compounded the desperation, as they look for a messiah to rescue them. So like the old slapper who's clinging to any man she can find because of so many previous failed relationships, they put all their faith into duds like Benitez, because they can't bare to face yet another cycle of failure. They delude themselves basically. I suppose it's failure fatigue, or something. Our success has obviously made them deeply resentful and jealous, which is why you get those nasty death comments about Fergie, and the gutter-filth comments which make you wonder how fans can be so consumed with hate.

As for all the melodramatic over-emotional stuff such as the poems you see, or those worship videos on youtube, it's more difficult. I suppose it's an emotionally charged situation for them, and I don't think they know how to deal with it, so they vent this with sappy corny outpourings of feelings, which although heartfelt, are obviously incredibly cringe-worthy. The result, of course, is that we all get a good laugh, but there's some serious collective psychological issues there, brought on by the situation.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
TBF it was a different era back in the 70s and 80s. I think Fergie has said many times that the hatred and bile has increased significantly over his time between both sets. I wonder how we would react if Liverpool won a premiership. I think id avoid football for weeks but still probably wouldn't wish death on Liverpool and their fans the way RAWK do for us. Luckily we don't have to consider this possibility anytime soon with dumb and dumber in charge.

On another note they are in meltdown over Rafa's Inter appointment. A lot of them seem to have changed their allegiance.

Next year its on for the "Rafa won the Serie A" trophy. This will go nicely their challenge for the golden gloves.

Peasplease

It's a tough one to explain, but I think Liverpool's fans are the way they are because of what the fans have had to endure, lending itself to the theory that it's a situational thing. I don't think anyone's arguing that Liverpool fans are born this way, and that's just who they are!

In a way their situation is unique. They are the most successful team in their country, yet they haven't won a league title for 20 years. I can't think of a single other major European team who have suffered the same fate in recent times. That must be a hell of a bitter pill to swallow. So much success, then nothing, for decades. To compound matters, it's been United, their most hated rival, who have filled the void of their failure, and taken their mantle as the country's premier club, winning almost every trophy in sight. Damaged pride doesn't even begin to cover it, it's much deeper than that - psychological trauma would be more apt!

This has made them bitter, angry, despondent, and desperate for any hope of success. The repeated succession of failed managers has compounded the desperation, as they look for a messiah to rescue them. So like the old slapper who's clinging to any man she can find because of so many previous failed relationships, they put all their faith into duds like Benitez, because they can't bare to face yet another cycle of failure. They delude themselves basically. I suppose it's failure fatigue, or something. Our success has obviously made them deeply resentful and jealous, which is why you get those nasty death comments about Fergie, and the gutter-filth comments which make you wonder how fans can be so consumed with hate.

As for all the melodramatic over-emotional stuff such as the poems you see, or those worship videos on youtube, it's more difficult. I suppose it's an emotionally charged situation for them, and I don't think they know how to deal with it, so they vent this with sappy corny outpourings of feelings, which although heartfelt, are obviously incredibly cringe-worthy. The result, of course, is that we all get a good laugh, but there's some serious collective psychological issues there, brought on by the situation.
Yeah, we all look like this now.

MrK

Maybe Rafa had Sven over to his house to play during his whirlwind tour of Notts County and learnt a trick or two from him...

St Red

KRAP

Obviously there is no way of telling for sure, but there is a fair case for saying if RedCafe had existed in the 70's and 80's it would have been almost identical to RAWK.

The only way of finding out is when Ferguson retires, whilst Mourinho is still winning things in Madrid.

You will then end up with Bruce/Hughes/McLeish and your downward spiral will commence.:lol:

narnar

Needs Help
So this guy is already predicting that FSW will get Inter into the Europa League soon. :lol:
Not only that. but he is actually willing Liverpool to get beat in support of his former manager.

The notion that the club is bigger than anyone seems lost with some of these people.

Dyslexic Untied

I don't think many of us think RAWK is representative.

It's more an example of what could happen, when a forum is modified in a certain way allowing some opinions to be voiced but not others. It obviously creates new opinions and it is just a vicious circle, that for everyone on the outside is extremely fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.