RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimic

something nice
Scout
UPDATE: June 11th 2010 - Rafa has donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group! What a top man! I think when we reach 96 comments I will close the thread and send this site off to Rafa. I'm having to delete a lot of bitter comments from United Fans.
Apparently they've finally clued up to us being bitter that Agent Rafa was finally found out :lol:

Neutral

BTV
I am suffering from WC withdrawal..So I'm forumming like a desperate man...

I found this little gem....

Of course he has a big game coming up, but first and foremost he is Liverpool team captain and I believe the fans (us) have a right to know his opinion on what is happening at our club. Would it really have killed him to say anything. Total lack of respect in my opinion.

I am totally pissed off with players going on International duty and forgetting who pays their wages week in week out. I hope he lifts the World Cup, but only to piss off Ferdinand and Terry.

I don't wish England ill and I will be watching them (as well as Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Holland) while at the same time remaining Scouse not English. Lets get our priorities right eh!

p_ps_sock

am I missing something here, he leads a cash strapped club to 7th in league then instead of resigning takes them for £3m (with another multi million pound contract on the table from inter) and the scousers think a token £96000 donation is a great gesture proving how much he thinks of their fans. fecking idiots I tell you.

Peasplease

am I missing something here, he leads a cash strapped club to 7th in league then instead of resigning takes them for £3m (with another multi million pound contract on the table from inter) and the scousers think a token £96000 donation is a great gesture proving how much he thinks of their fans. fecking idiots I tell you.
So you don't think Rafa care's about the fans? This is more manipulation?

032Devil

Rafa had the measure of them. Almost as good at marketing himself to the Scouse as Beckham to the world.

kietotheworld

Most people would have donated £0.

p_ps_sock

So you don't think Rafa care's about the fans? This is more manipulation?
I think it's got more to do with his own self image (or the image he'd like to portray, like not celebrating goals to portray a man in control and all that bollocks) and his battles with the owners than it does any affection for the fans, why not £960,000 which would still leave him with £2m of the fans money in his back pocket as reward for failure.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I think it's got more to do with his own self image (or the image he'd like to portray, like not celebrating goals to portray a man in control and all that bollocks) and his battles with the owners than it does any affection for the fans, why not £960,000 which would still leave him with £2m of the fans money in his back pocket as reward for failure.
In fairness to him he's entitled to the money he got as a pay-off, which, as far as I know, is actually quite a bit less than he was truly entitled to due to the years he had left in his contract.

As for the £96,000 he paid to the Hillsborough fund: fair play to him. He didn't have to do it. There are a lot of very wealthy footballers and managers who wouldn't have bothered at all. None of us us know what his innermost motivation was for donating the money- whether it was an attempt to protect his image in the eyes of Liverpool supporters or if it was pure altruism on his part. My feeling is towards the latter.

Peasplease

I think it's got more to do with his own self image (or the image he'd like to portray, like not celebrating goals to portray a man in control and all that bollocks) and his battles with the owners than it does any affection for the fans,
I doubt it. He's said nothing of the owners since he left the club. He also agreed to leave by mutual consent which doesn't sound like a battle at all. He could of held off for the full 16m if he really wanted to hurt the owners.

I also think it's unlikely he doesn't celebrate goals to "appear in control", but that's a different story.

why not £960,000 which would still leave him with £2m of the fans money in his back pocket as reward for failure.
What difference does it make? Had he donated £960,000 you'd be saying the same thing.
It's already been confirmed he's donated to at least one charity other than the Hillsborough in any case, so his donations haven't stopped at £96,000.

whether it was an attempt to protect his image in the eyes of Liverpool supporters
There's no need.

prateik

how can anyone complain about benitez's donation or how much it was

benitez, to me, is a joke because of how overrated he was during his time at liverpool and because of the time he tried to take on SAF and ended up looking like a twat

but somewhere in between all that delusion , he probably felt at home at liverpool and it was a very nice gesture donating money

i still hate drogba but i respect that fact that he has given shit loads to charities back in his country .. same way , i will always laugh when i think of benitez and his last 2 seasons at liverpool but he ended his time with a nice gesture , donating to a cause that means a lot to the liverpool fans

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
how can anyone complain about benitez's donation or how much it was

benitez, to me, is a joke because of how overrated he was during his time at liverpool and because of the time he tried to take on SAF and ended up looking like a twat

but somewhere in between all that delusion , he probably felt at home at liverpool and it was a very nice gesture donating money

i still hate drogba but i respect that fact that he has given shit loads to charities back in his country .. same way , i will always laugh when i think of benitez and his last 2 seasons at liverpool but he ended his time with a nice gesture , donating to a cause that means a lot to the liverpool fans

imo its not about the donation. It was a nice gesture no question about it.

what's cringe worthy is the figure imo and the fact that he made it public. If it had been for a genuine need to support the charity he should've kept if for himself and donate different amount of monies. this 96k has nothing symbolic in it apart from scratching fans' backs. that's all.

prateik

what's cringe worthy is the figure imo and the fact that he made it public. If it had been for a genuine need to support the charity he should've kept if for himself and donate different amount of monies. this 96k has nothing symbolic in it apart from scratching fans' backs. that's all.
did he make it public ?
didnt know that
96k is a huge amount for a local charity set up by liverpool fans , i'm sure they wouldve noticed it and realized who had donated ...I assumed it was the liverpool fans that made it public

Neutral

BTV
I can't stand the FSW, but maybe we should take it at face value....whatever the intentions, he made the donation, and didn't wait around for a photo-op. He can't help it, if the liverpool press and his followers go overboard in their praise.

Peasplease

Hmm let's look at evidence.

1. There are no quotes form Benitez regarding the donations.

2. Benitez has given money to atleast one other charity (xbn64n posted a link about it). Again, no Benitez quotes, and it barely get's noticed by the media.

3. This quote:

Mrs Aspinall added: “I think the fans need to know about the gesture.

“I’m not talking about the money, but how he feels for the fans.

“He feels so much compassion for the fans and I think he’s going to miss them.

“It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went.”
Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Departing Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez in £96,000 gift to Hillsborough families

It's clear Rafa didn't make it public.

Plan M

Good luck Rafa. I hope you grind that prick Mourinho's record into the dust by building a long term dynasty that stomps all over Europe. If you manage it, I'll be happy for you, though I'll be fecking gutted as well knowing that you would have built that here given time and backing.
:houllier: :lol:

So Mourinho has won league titles, domestic cups and a European Cup in just a few seasons at Inter whilst the FSW has one just one European Cup and one domestic cup despite being at Liverpool for 5 years and spending a small fortune on average players yet he's going to "be stomping all over Europe". Where do they get these people from?!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
:houllier: :lol:

So Mourinho has won league titles, domestic cups and a European Cup in just a few seasons at Inter whilst the FSW has one just one European Cup and one domestic cup despite being at Liverpool for 5 years and spending a small fortune on average players yet he's going to "be stomping all over Europe". Where do they get these people from?!
God recycles them from rat shit and flat beer.

x42bn6

The other thing that's weird on RAWK nowadays is the shock and horror of Liverpool fans as Inter fans express some doubt about Sir Rafa Benítez joining their team. Disgusting! Rafa is a Saint and The Best Manager In The World By A Country Mile Who Will Have No Problems Emulating José Mourinho (fact).

Also the stupid Mascherano >>>>>>>>>>>> Cambiasso comments get on my nerves. Mascherano is better in one role, while Cambiasso shits all over him in many others.

Plan M

Deluded bunch aren't they.

It should be called Rafa's Army Wants Krap these days, it's not a "Liverpool supporters forum of opinion" it's "Rafa is God and if you disagree...BAN!".

Very sad.

dmode

OK caftards! I'm confused... what's the consensus about Rafa's move?

What the interists think?
The spanish waiter's replacement?
Are Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Benayoun leaving? What will Liverpool become, can shit be shittier? What will happen to their deluded fans?

Thanks!
:)

x42bn6

OK caftards! I'm confused... what's the consensus about Rafa's move?

What the interists think?
Largely split, but he's the best out there (besides perhaps Pellegrini). But since Branca (one of Inter's chiefs, I think he's their Director of Football - watch Rafa fall out with him later next season) will be dictating transfers, Rafa won't be signing rubbish full-backs any time soon.

The spanish waiter's replacement?
Roy Hodgson seems likely. I don't think we'll see a Liverpool manager any time soon though, since the two stooges need to refinance in July and the ownership will not be clear until that is sorted.

Are Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Benayoun leaving? What will Liverpool become, can shit be shittier? What will happen to their deluded fans?
Benayoun looks gone, and I'd say Mascherano will leave too. Gerrard and Torres will stay on for at least another season, in my opinion. It will give the new manager some funds but I wouldn't be surprised if not all the transfer money is available from these sells.

Liverpool will doubtless get shitter although Lucas can "step up" to fill Mascherano's role in a slightly more balanced way if Mascherano leaves. It leaves Liverpool really short on cover of course, but they keep the important players while they lose a WUM (Mascherano) and someone who was always leaving but Liverpool can easily find a younger replacement (Benayoun).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What are the odds that Rafa will win some titles in the next 2-3 years and then we will see an Inter team getting worse and worse?

MJLD

I'd laugh but MUST have done the same thing for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.