RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
feck me they are still going on about the FA pushing a zenophobic agenda by charging Balotelli and not Lescott - something which was seemingly confirmed by them finding in favour of a Senegal-born French international last month.

And half a dozen of them chiming in with:

Conveniently forgetting:

and

Never understood how he wasn't banned for that first elbow - outrageous.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol: I think I annoyed one of them with my Simpsons GIF.
:lol: Apart from the ones rightly calling it a work of genius, they're like:

I'm chuffin' furious with that Manc bastid making gifs about King Kenny! If I catch him, on the internet, I'll cut off his t*ts off and glue 'em to his head! ARGHHHH7£35!1!!!!!

SteveJ

Scout
Bob Paisley, Liverpool boss from 1974 to 1983. An excellent (and successful) manager, I'm sure you'd agree, but...

Sir Bob Paisley - Possibly the Greatest Man to Ever Live
by Paul Tomkins

SteveJ

Scout
This line from the article made me laugh, for some reason:

This was a man who went to Rome in 1977 to help us lift the European Cup for the first time, going back to the place he helped liberate in a tank

Lance Uppercut

Apparently not, Sir Lance - Bob liberated Rome single-handedly, after rebuilding the Colosseum stone by stone.
Well, he said that he "helped liberate Rome, in a tank." I guess the tank was the help.

Bob = The Chosen One. The Arnie of his day.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
As much as I have to agree that Bob Paisley is the greatest human being who ever lived, I must admit that I will always have a soft spot for a certain Govan piss-soaked tramp, who starts his day with a bottle of Windolene and a tin of melted down boot polish, and who controls and manipulates the FA, UEFA, the world's media and the cast of Loose Women from an abandoned railway arches, while warming his fingerless mittens in front of a tin brazier with holes in it. Three cheers for Slur Alex Slurguson!

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Worst. Article. Ever.

It annoys me that they call Paisley Sir, yet Fergie is just Mr.

Jealous much?

Waltraute

She-Devil
Sir Bob Paisley - Possibly the Greatest Man to Ever Live
by Paul Tomkins
:lol:

And then skimming through the article to find

Bob was similar to Gerard Houllier
Surely that's no way to talk about the Towering Titan of Titans, the Terror in a Tank, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace? Unless he's hinting that there's no 'possibly' about it -- Gerard Houllier simply is the Greatest Man to Ever Live.

Dave89

That article gets very close to "arsenal and united's success don't count because they won it with bloody foreigners"

Crustanoid

Paul Tomkins is like a mega retardation generator, spewing mindless notions of grandeur for the thousands of imbecilic morons who follow LFC.

Obi wan had it right:

'Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?'

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Did anyone ever see Lord Bob Paisley of the World, Deliverer of Rome, Commander of All Tanks and Caterpillar Track-Based Vehicles in the same room as Kim Jong Il, Best Golfer in the World?

Waltraute

She-Devil
Paul Tomkins is like a mega retardation generator

I knew Paul Tomkins wasn't exactly a contender for The Greatest Prose Stylist to Ever Live ('Noble Deeds in a Tank' optional), but that article defies belief.

What better way to glorify a man than to devote half the text to childish insults against an imagined enemy -- especially if that percieved enemy's deeds had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the life of your subject.

And mentioning your hero's debilitating illness to score a cheap point is always a great addition to any panegyric --
So in the end Bob himself forgot all he had achieved, and it is not right that the rest of football does the same.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Did anyone ever see Lord Bob Paisley of the World, Deliverer of Rome, Commander of All Tanks and Caterpillar Track-Based Vehicles in the same room as Kim Jong Il, Best Golfer in the World?
What's interesting is that Paul Tomkins actually used to work as a writer for Kim Jong-il's propaganda department, right up until that that fateful morning when he claimed The Leader '...was similar to Gerard Houllier'.

The frank, adult life-and-death struggle which ensued, and his subsequent escape, is Possibly the Greatest Epic Never Told.

SteveJ

Scout
:lol: Funnily enough, that Grandpa at the brothel sequence might end up lasting as long as Kenny's return. :D

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not

I knew Paul Tomkins wasn't exactly a contender for The Greatest Prose Stylist to Ever Live ('Noble Deeds in a Tank' optional), but that article defies belief.

What better way to glorify a man than to devote half the text to childish insults against an imagined enemy -- especially if that percieved enemy's deeds had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the life of your subject.

And mentioning your hero's debilitating illness to score a cheap point is always a great addition to any panegyric --
Did you expect anything less from pretend journalist Paul Tomkins?

pauldyson1uk

Just seem this , it was posted in the gif thread.

That Simpsons one is fecking shite.

A fraud? Got a list of honours that'd shame most, as both a player and manager. The fella is a legend, and our manager, for more than just football reasons.

Fraud my fecking hoop. Load of shit. Try putting Bobby 'the tout' Charlton on there, or Georgie 2 Livers.

Somebody with no sense of humour , mind you it was jumped on pretty quickly has a joke.

but where there is 1 there is another idiot with no sense of humour..

I agree with Jimmy and Mcphisto it's double fecking shite and double disrespectful and before you tell me to chill out...feck off!