RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

99 red balloons

It's going to be SO SO funny when Suarez shafts them for a big club.

He's happy and he's staying? Haha, OK.

In my book, honesty and loyalty are closely linked character traits...and we all know he's not honest, so...

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
When I let loose on facebook after his departure, I guarantee at least three people will delete me from their friends list. And that's me being ultra-ultra conservative.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Liverpool have a ways to go to catch up with the bigger teams...Suarez or not.

Lots of team building to do.

If the manager is wise, it will be a good mixture of players coming through the system and tidy purchaes.

But will the supporters be patient?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
He'd get more goals than he does at Liverpool and he'd be scoring for one of our direct title rivals.
Yeah, but they would also have to not play one of their other many scoring forwards. As the famous line goes....I don't care, it's just another player to get in Dzeko's way.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Oh my...

Amusingly deluded dipper said:
68 points will get us 4th spot, and given our current form, we can achieve that point total.
Same amusingly deluded dipper when questioned said:
I am expecting 2 draws out of 4 matches, Chelsea, Spurs, Wigan and Saints. Rest 2 we will win. An of course, win the remaining 7 against likes of west hams and villas
So, they're going to win 9 and draw 2 of their remaining games. Ok then.

Brophs

The One and Only
@OfficialLFC: RODGERS: "Very few teams come here and win. We have sent out a message to the two Manchester clubs."

Might take a while to reach us.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
@OfficialLFC: RODGERS: "Very few teams come here and win. We have sent out a message to the two Manchester clubs."

Might take a while to reach us.
:D Indeed. The distance between Manchester and Liverpool is currently around 25 points.

Beating Wigan doesn't quite confirm them as PL title challengers, does it?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When he said 'come here' was he referring to Wigan?

You know, the team with the worst home record in the league?

Brophs

The One and Only
Sorry I thought that would be obvious. Even the dippers wouldn't put that online.

Anduin

I guess the Scouse Boom Bust Cycle is re-starting again after convincingly beating the mighty Wigan. Coutinho best young prospect in the world, Suarez best striker in the world, Lucas best midfielder in the world? They will win the title next year. It's on! YAWN. JFT96.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Saw Ian Ayre last night in Heebies, spoke to him for a lil bit.

He was a gobshite to be honest.

I just said hello and said any idea who we might go after in the summer.

His reply was "fecking hell give me a chance to get a bevvy" then started rambling on about how Suarez wont be sold for £40/£50 mil unless he wants to leave, said he has no idea who to go for in the summer yet. Could tell he was bevvied like, started going on about Commoli and how he bought "shite".

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
For me comparing Rooney to Suarez is like comparing Bale to Messi
They have new thread, Suarez vs Rooney, this was just one sentence from numerous ridiculous posts.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They have new thread, Suarez vs Rooney, this was just one sentence from numerous ridiculous posts.
Question: Who is the better footballer between Suarez & Rooney?

My answer: In my opinion, I think Suarez is a better footballer.

So from there, there was a lot of discussion. So he said that by stats, my opinion was proven incorrect. I told him it's my opinion and that a question this broad could be based on a lot of things that can't even be measured by stats:

- Play style
- Work ethic
- Defensive work rate
- Skill moves
- Off-ball movement
- How hard it was to score each of their goals (e.g. poach goal vs. dribble past 4 players and curl it in top corner)
- Manager
- Team style
- How good your team is to support you
- .....etc.
Well, Suarez does have 4 star skill moves on Fifa 13. Rooney only has 3 star skill moves.

Suarez all the way.

Brightonian

- Play style
- Work ethic
- Defensive work rate
- Skill moves
- Off-ball movement
- How hard it was to score each of their goals (e.g. poach goal vs. dribble past 4 players and curl it in top corner)
- Manager
- Team style
- How good your team is to support you
- .....etc.
Well, Suarez does have 4 star skill moves on Fifa 13. Rooney only has 3 star skill moves.

Suarez all the way.
It's a strange list. You could probably deliberately make one that showed Suarez in a good light, but this almost seems to emphasise Rooney's superiority. From the first four, only 'skill moves' (whatever the hell that means) is in Suarez' favour, the others are unquestionably pro-Rooney.

They're probably about even on the fifth, as they both score a range of types of goal. A Suarez fan could argue that he scores a few goals a season after very nice dribbles. But then Rooney's latest goal makes a good counter-argument.

Not sure what the last three mean. Surely he can't be suggesting that we have a better team, manager and playing style than them? That would be madness!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Why do their fans seem to hate Spurs??
Jealousy, I suppose. They have their reasons and excuses for our success (The FA, corrupt refs, the Illuminati) while City and Chelsea owe theirs to winning the lottery.

But they can't really throw any of those excuses at Spurs, they're just a well run club who are doing well without the help of a Shiek/Oligarch. I'm guessing Liverpool fans wish that was them.

Status
Not open for further replies.