RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
On another forum someone posted what Pheeny said on RAWK when he first stepped down as a mod;

Mods feel free to delete.

The reason why I stepped down is...

We built the site up as a community and anyone who crossed one of us, anywhere, faced the axe.

Seems that's not the way any more and I can't accept that.

So I thought it best I stepped down.
:lol:

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I am not 100% sure what the point of their transfer board is.
To show what their real transfer policy is.

Starting a thread when they're interested in a player, locking it when he signs somewhere else.

vanthaman

Winner
British Bank Accused of Hiding Transactions With Iranians
By JESSICA SILVER-GREENBERG
Thwarting controls against money laundering, Standard Chartered Bank enabled Iranian banks and corporations to hide roughly 60,000 transactions worth at least $250 billion within the bank, New York state’s banking regulator charged Monday.

The New York State Department of Financial Services accused the British bank of hiding the transactions in order to gain hundreds of millions of dollars in fees from January 2001 through 2010.

Under United States law, transactions with Iranian banks are strictly monitored and subject to sanctions because of government concerns about the use of the nation’s banks to finance Iran’s nuclear programs and terrorist organizations.

The bank “left the U.S. financial system vulnerable to terrorists, weapons dealers, drug kingpins and corrupt regimes,” the agency said in an order sent to the bank Monday

The department, led by Benjamin M. Lawsky, said that it reviewed more than 30,000 bank documents, including internal e-mails, and that it investigated the bank because it routed the transactions through its New York operations. Under the order, Standard Chartered will have to pay for an independent monitor to ensure its operations comply with state law. The bank will also have to convince the Department of Financial Services not to revoke its banking license in New York.

Standard Chartered did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment.

The department alleges that Standard Chartered systematically scrubbed any identifying information from the transactions for powerful Iranian institutions, including the Central Bank of Iran and Bank Saderat, that are legally subject to sanctions under United States law.

The department accused the bank of undermining the safety of New York’s financial system through a range of violations including “falsifying business records” and “obstructing governmental administration,” according to the order.

Suspecting that Iranian banks were using their financial institutions to finance its nuclear weapons program, the United States Treasury Department banned certain transactions between Iranian banks and United States financial institutions in 2008.

The accusations are the latest to strike British banks. In July, a United States Senate panel found that HSBC was used by Iranians looking to evade sanctions and by Mexican drug cartels to funnel money back into the United States.

Together, the allegations raise concerns that there is a broader pattern of illegal money freely flowing into the United States through international financial institutions.

In the Standard Chartered investigation, the order said that the bank’s management created a formalized operating manual that showed staff members how to strip off any information from the transactions that might tie them to the sanctioned Iranian institution.

The order says that executives at Standard Chartered sidelined concerns raised by its management in the United States, company e-mails show.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I read their thread on Standard Chartered...even on non-football topics they're a load of delusional Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Ramsey would start every game for Liverpool. And (a fit) Wilshere would be their best player.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I read their thread on Standard Chartered...even on non-football topics they're a load of delusional Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.
:eek: someone actually goes out in public in that Suarez shirt? fecking MENTAL.

Aporkalypse

I thought you had to be kidding, but nope. They totally ignore what Standard Chartered has done (hidden, faked and generally laundered transactions for Iran) and start off on Americans and banks in general. Nothing associated with Liverpool Football Club can ever be blamed for anything it seems.

Apparently Standard Chartered shares have taken a Northern Rock style nosedive since this news dropped. fecking Fergie. :lol:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I thought you had to be kidding, but nope. They totally ignore what Standard Chartered has done (hidden, faked and generally laundered transactions for Iran) and start off on Americans and banks in general. Nothing associated with Liverpool Football Club can ever be blamed for anything it seems.

Apparently Standard Chartered shares have taken a Northern Rock style nosedive since this news dropped. fecking Fergie. :lol:
In fairness, being sponsored by AIG turned out to be a bit embarassing...

204Red

In fairness, being sponsored by AIG turned out to be a bit embarassing...
Well at least they were too broke to maintain their sponsorship after needing to be bailed out.

I believe AON isn't much better, I recall them being dogged by allegations that they were refusing claims in the wake of hurricane Katrina on some of the most sketchy grounds.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
On another forum someone posted what Pheeny said on RAWK when he first stepped down as a mod;

That is awesome. Can you imagine if I made a thread on here and said that was the reason for us all getting involved in the modding side of things? It doesn't even make sense, effectively he's saying that he used to get abuse as a poster, but could do nothing about it. Which resulted in him building a community where he and a select few others COULD do something about it, mainly through banning others.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
''We would of done a lot better if we didn't hit the post so much''
''The only important player you were missing was Vidic''
''Lucas is much better then Fletcher''

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
And we'd have won the last three trebles if we won the last three trebles.

JakeC

He also believes Liverpool are better then Spurs

JakeC

deluded, caroll was a good signing.

Denis' cuff

:lol: Im pretty sure there has to be an act of putting sword on shoulders but who gives a toss anyway its archaic.
catholicism, knighthoods.........aren't they all? Spose at least one tries to acknowledge excellence, however flawed. People go around murdering each other in the name of the other in some countries.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Will be hilarious if he leaves now. He only got the tattoo last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.