RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Gum

They have new thread, Suarez vs Rooney, this was just one sentence from numerous ridiculous posts.
:lol: Look at some of the comments in that thread

no contest at all,bit of a non starter.Suarez shits all over Rooney
Rooney could only dream of being as good as Suarez.
For me comparing Rooney to Suarez is like comparing Bale to Messi.
You are categorically wrong for saying Suarez is better than Rooney as a footballer. Because Suarez is also a better person and not an ogre

iguanamanc

Comment on Daily Mail website:

My point is - If Kenny spent £110 million on buying players and got back £88 million selling players. He only spent £22 million. Which means on average he bought suarez for £3.6 million. henderson for £3.6, downing for £3.6 million, Carroll for £3.6 million, Adam for £3.6 million. etc.Thats good business.
- Mike Dinsdale , Wirral, United Kingdom, 04/3/2013 16:58

Good old Mike - doesn't hurt as much if you think of it mathematically. :lol:

MichaelS

Comment on Daily Mail website:

My point is - If Kenny spent £110 million on buying players and got back £88 million selling players. He only spent £22 million. Which means on average he bought suarez for £3.6 million. henderson for £3.6, downing for £3.6 million, Carroll for £3.6 million, Adam for £3.6 million. etc.Thats good business.
- Mike Dinsdale , Wirral, United Kingdom, 04/3/2013 16:58

Good old Mike - doesn't hurt as much if you think of it mathematically. :lol:
Ronaldo -68 mil

That's good business

Dresilved

Pefect timing, has it been posted already? I feel a Suarez sale coming on

Liverpool debt rises to $130M
March 4, 2013

By Associated Press
LIVERPOOL, England -- Liverpool's debt rose by a third to more than $130 million after spending on players who have failed to re-establish the club as a power in England or Europe.

Liverpool is seventh in the Premier League and no closer to returning to the lucrative Champions League it last played in during the 2009-10 season.

Accounts released Monday showed that Liverpool's debt rose to 87.2 million pounds (about $131 million) between Aug. 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre says "net debt comes largely as a result of our activity around player trading."

Liverpool reported a loss of 40.5 million pounds (about $61 million) in the accounts covering a 10-month period, in line with the losses in the previous full financial year.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1362676/liverpool-debt-rises-to-$130m-as-team-struggles-?cc=5901

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Surely the way back from debt is through success on the pitch and not selling your only hope of getting that?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Surely the way back from debt is through success on the pitch and not selling your only hope of getting that?
If you're in debt, not in the Champions League, and you have players who should be playing in the CL, the chances are you will have to sell them.

Though I imagine they'll ship out others this summer ahead of Suarez, who will be last resort.

The problem is, they have few saleable assets that they wouldn't take a massive loss on. Best candidates are Reina, Skrtel and Agger I'd imagine.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Wuw.. That LS v WR thread. Can a lurker go there and tell them all that he's United's 4th top goal scorer of all time (with a very very realistic chance of finishing top when and if he leaves) and the argument of 'not lived up to hype' is probably one of the worst in the entire history of arguments.

Brightonian

Wrong thread for this, but completely valid opinion really
This opinion is as typical of the caf's eccentricities as those above are of RAWK's. This forum suffers from the footballing equivalent of middle-class guilt.

However you're right, it's not the place, so I won't actually offer the counter-argument.

binary bot
Why is everyone a c*nt on there? There's just pages littered with people writing "c*nt".

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Why is everyone a c*nt on there? There's just pages littered with people writing "c*nt".
You should have a look in Bluemoon's threads about us. They're pretty much incapable of mentioning anyone associated with United without calling them cnuts, twats or whatever they might come up with. It's a bit sad really.

Brightonian

I don't see why someone thinking Suarez is better than Rooney is such a ridiculous opinion.
It's not ridiculous at all. In my opinion it's wrong, though it's a tight thing. The 'best striker in the league argument' is more comfortably wrong.

But that wasn't really what I was talking about so much as the attitudes on the two forums. Can you imagine anyone on RAWK ever even coming close to admitting the reverse, which objectively is just as reasonable an opinion?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think a lot of people would say Suarez is better than Rooney, it's not just a RAWK thing.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Suarez. And thats not bias. His goal return is better, his work rate imo is on par at least with Rooney as well and also his interplay and runs are better. They are imo the key assets required for a striker. Add to that Suarez scores free kicks (can probably take a great penatly) and corners and has a better range of passing.
Christ almighty. Someone wrest the bong from his clutches.

Keltoi

I think a lot of people would say Suarez is better than Rooney, it's not just a RAWK thing.
Yes but people who say that only judge a player on one season, Rooney has been class since he was 18, Suarez has only really done it for 12-18 months.

Those people you refer to were probably the one's jizzing themselves over the ox last season.

gza the genius

They're different types of players. Suarez is a much better dribbler with great close control and interplay. There aren't too many more dangerous players when inside the box than Suarez. Rooney is more intelligent and has a better passing range and will have more of an effect on the overall game. Their finishing is probably pretty even.

Overall Rooney is the better player but as strikers it's too close for me to call.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes but people who say that only judge a player on one season, Rooney has been class since he was 18, Suarez has only really done it for 12-18 months.

Those people you refer to were probably the one's jizzing themselves over the ox last season.
True, but I've also seen the argument made (even on this site, I think) that Rooney is a player in decline. If that was true ( and I'm not saying it is) then Suarez could very well become a better player than Rooney. If we accept that Suarez has been better than Rooney this season then it's not totally unreasonable to argue he'll continue to be better than Rooney over coming seasons. I'm not actually saying he is better, just that it's debateable.

Keltoi

True, but I've also seen the argument made (even on this site, I think) that Rooney is a player in decline. If that was true ( and I'm not saying it is) then Suarez could very well become a better player than Rooney. If we accept that Suarez has been better than Rooney this season then it's not totally unreasonable to argue he'll continue to be better than Rooney over coming seasons. I'm not actually saying he is better, just that it's debateable.
I think I agree with all of this post tbh.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Keltoi

As for this post:

Suarez. And thats not bias. His goal return is better, his work rate imo is on par at least with Rooney as well and also his interplay and runs are better. They are imo the key assets required for a striker. Add to that Suarez scores free kicks (can probably take a great penatly) and corners and has a better range of passing.
His goal return is better but I'd be willing to bet conversion rate is below Rooneys. Also Rooney is playing in a team with welbeck, hernandez and rvp competing for places/goals.

Rooneys workrate is clearly better.

Suarez just edges it on runs.

As for "can probably take a great penatly" seriously? I mean I reckon Ben Amos could probably be lethal from the spot.

On corners Rooneys delivery is much better than Suarez's as is his range of passing.

Chabon

His goal return is better.
Not really. Suarez has scored 21 league goals in his last 27 starts. Wayne Rooney in his last 27 has scored 20. And only one of those players actually plays as a number nine most of the time.

Suarez is only a better goalscorer if you take it from this season alone, and even then it's marginal, with Rooney on just under .7 goals per start this year and Suarez on .78, and I don't suppose I need to tell you which of them has taken 64 shots and which has taken 142.

You can make an argument that Suarez is better, but you can't use goals to make it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
One year ago how many people were saying Suarez was better then Rooney? I bet not many. He has outperformed him this season and it may the case that Suarez goes on to be better, but it is still too early to say he is now a better player.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I don't know why some of you are so worked up with this Suarez > Rooney comparison from Rawk. Those Rawkbola sufferers have nothing else better to do (or nothing else better to look forward to) than to come up with "My Dad is better than your Dad" threads. Sooner or later we will have a Rawk thread "Suarez > Ronaldo" or "Suarez is a better racist than Terry".

At the end of the day Suarez is a fantastic player who might score more goals and win the golden boot, but personal achievements mean naught when your goals don't bring silverware (or even 4th spot trophy) to your club. It'll end up being only a personal achievement. I'd rather have a team of winners contributing from all angles than a team who relies only on 1 or 2 players and end up winning nothing at the end of the season.

Chabon

One year ago Wayne Rooney was well on his way to being only the second player in Premier League history to pass the 25 goals mark* more than once. Meanwhile Suarez was taking a break from a mediocre season because he'd been banned for doing a racism. To suggest Suarez might be a better player requires an absurd level of short-termism that should be beneath even football fans.

*In a 38 game season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ask any manager in world football who they would take if they were given the choice and 100% of them would answer Rooney.

Chabon

Except Brenton, whose decision you'd never get to hear as you'd have died from platitude overdose before he announced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.