RB Leipzig

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Wolfsburg might find themselves victims of VW's emissions scandal when it comes to funding transfers.

Red Bull sells everywhere and the brand is huge, if nothing else it'll give Bayern something to think about if they do it right and go for the right players.

We can moan on and on about this being the epitome of everything wrong with modern football but it's not going to change is it? If anything there'll be more and more clubs like this. The German system of ownership is one that should be worldwide in reality but it won't last. Money talks.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And they have had a very good plan. They have focused almost entirely on bringing talented youngsters instead of trying to lure big names.

saivet

Do Red Bull have some sort of plan in regards to their collection of clubs? Do players sign contracts with individual clubs or the Red Bull organisation?
Can't remembee who, but someone on Football Weekly was saying they dream of taking over Leeds.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
rb leipzig could easily settle as east-germany's bundesliga club with a rather huge following, if it wasn't for union berlin to be competing for relegation, at least at the moment. i can't really see union being relegated to the first tier though, and that step would be rather premature, to say the least. on the other hand, the future for RB leipzig looks bright imho, and the talk about building a new stadium says it all really - they're already contemplating a bigger, more fitting home.
their current footballing approach to gather young, promising talents can't really be deemed "evil", and the bundesliga could in fact really do with another sincerely competitive team. the whole league, bar bayern and probably dortmund, is and will be too shaky to deny leipzig every opportunity to quickly rise to the domestic top tier of teams competing for european duties on a regular level. i can see them grow to leverkusen/gladbach/schalke levels in very short time, say, one or two seasons - IF they manage to maintain their ambitious strategy. yet they could as well end up as another german mid-table feeder club that ends up struggling to consistently replace "ungrateful" crucial players. only time will tell.

Last edited:

The BlackGaijin

I have never liked Bayern and by the time I started paying attention to Dortmund everyone had jumped onto to the "Dortmund is my second team" bus.

So let me join some of my colleagues here to say RB Leipzig is my new Bundesliga club. Go Red bull!!

Bayern dominates a league like that and buys every good players from the opponents and then tells the teams there is no honor in buying yourself success? Well, the rest of the of teams can keep “growing organically” for another 100 yrs being a feeder to Bayern but this team has balls.

Go Red bull!!

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I have never liked Bayern and by the time I started paying attention to Dortmund everyone had jumped onto to the "Dortmund is my second team" bus.

So let me join some of my colleagues here to say RB Leipzig is my new Bundesliga club. Go Red bull!!

Bayern dominates a league like that and buys every good players from the opponents and then tells the teams there is no honor in buying yourself success? Well, the rest of the of teams can keep “growing organically” for another 100 yrs being a feeder to Bayern but this team has balls.

Go Red bull!!
WTF?
They have no balls, they have sugared gummy bear juice financed silly money. Nothing more. Respect for the cleverness doing their flagshipstore here in Leipzig, all the cirumstances in this area are the best for such a thing. But that got nothing to do with the fact that they can feck off. They behave like lord cocaine in the city, thinking they can do what they want cause we have to be thankful that they gave the city Bundesliga football. Currently they are threatening the city counsil with plans of a new stadium cause they dont get real estates and permissions like they want. Sphero is also right with erverything he wrotes above. They deserve nothing, they are a marketing-instrument who play football, and not a footballclub who gets money cause they played well and gained some sucess or attention. And i hate the fact that they imagine/publishing themselves as if they are humble and spasmodic, and quite reasonable, while quite the opposite is true.

And btw: "feeder club", if a club like Bayern,Real or Barca wants some of their players they would be gone. What let you think that this is different at this joke of a "club"? The thing is just that there wasnt a single one player who is good enough for this step.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As soon as they got Hasenhuttl as their manager I became a fan. He is a brilliant manager. It also helped that I've followed Salzburg for the last few years, too. Hopefully this rich vein of form continues because if they finish in a Champions League spot, and Hasnehuttl is able to bring in more advanced players to play his system, they could go on to be a real threat to Bayern.

cyberman

The most plastic of all of the plastic clubs we have nowadays

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
they could go on to be a real threat to Bayern.
:lol: Sorry, but playing since some games (less then 10) in the Bundesliga is far away of threatening Bayern. Please. They achieved nothing until now, and for some people they will be "a serious candiate" for the number one?, that's ridiculous. They will have to face the first looses in the league, will be intersting how they manage that. They will face opponents who get how you have to play against them. They have to proof if their "we just press everytime and are a Leverkusen Nr.2" will help longterm. They will have to face that players leave if they are playing well. And so on.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
@slig

He probably didn't think about this season. I could see them challenge us or/and you for the title in a few years.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol: Sorry, but playing since some games (less then 10) in the Bundesliga is far away of threatening Bayern. Please. They achieved nothing until now, and for some people they will be "a serious candiate" for the number one?, that's ridiculous. They will have to face the first looses in the league, will be intersting how they manage that. They will face opponents who get how you have to play against them. They have to proof if their "we just press everytime and are a Leverkusen Nr.2" will help longterm. They will have to face that players leave if they are playing well. And so on.
Well, I'm not basing it off of 10 games - I'm more basing it off how highly I rate Hasenhuttl as a manager and depending on how much backing he gets from the club.

Also, it sounds like by "threatening Bayern" I sound like I mean taking their place as top dogs in the league which isn't what I meant. I only meant as serious contenders for the league itself.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Due to the sheer hatred towards RB Leipzig from our resident Bayern and Dortmund supporters I now deem them my second team.

It is about time you guys in the BL got the taste of what shitehawks like City fueled by silly dollars does to a league.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I dont know @slig , I think RB Leipzig is clearly the biggest threat to Bayern in the Bundesliga..
Sorry, i can understand that you might think so. BUT, in terms of players, squaddeepness, financial things, reputation for big players, experience, and so on, they are still "new" and a little club. Who started well in their first games, ok, but nothing more until now. And whats for sure: Nothing in comparison to Bayern,Dortmund,Gladbach,Leverkusen.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Due to the sheer hatred towards RB Leipzig from our resident Bayern and Dortmund supporters I now deem them my second team.

It is about time you guys in the BL got the taste of what shitehawks like City fueled by silly dollars does to a league.
Its your league where stupid things like City are happening?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sorry, i can understand that you might think so. BUT, in terms of players, squaddeepness, financial things, reputation for big players, experience, and so on, they are still "new" and a little club. Who started well in their first games, ok, but nothing more until now. And whats for sure: Nothing in comparison to Bayern,Dortmund,Gladbach,Leverkusen.
Oh, I don't expect them to seriously challenge for a while yet, but I think they could eventually get there.

@slig

He probably didn't think about this season. I could see them challenge us or/and you for the title in a few years.
Yeah. :)

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09

Iam a resident Leipziger and my hatred comes also from this perspective, not only from a Dortmund-fan or football-loving one.

SwansonsTache

Its your league where stupid things like City are happening?
Yes, but RB Leipzig is probably the nearest you'll come.

Here's to hoping for a lot of petrodollars and Oligarchs to flow into the BL in the near future. Plastic that shit up.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Btw: Its not only Bayern or Dortmund fans who dislike them, its all footballfans from every other real and honest clubs.

SwansonsTache

Btw: Its not only Bayern or Dortmund fans who dislike them, its all footballfans from every other real and honest clubs.
I couldn't give a shit about them being plastic, just like you can't give a shit about City being plastic.

It is all fun and games until the virus takes hold in your own league.

Enigma_87

You know who
What is their attendance and fan base like? I assume that's the biggest problem that a new club pumping lot of money will face.

Leipzig is a great place - half a mil population and the best local club is what 3rd division? Smart move.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
WTF?
They have no balls, they have sugared gummy bear juice financed silly money. Nothing more. Respect for the cleverness doing their flagshipstore here in Leipzig, all the cirumstances in this area are the best for such a thing. But that got nothing to do with the fact that they can feck off. They behave like lord cocaine in the city, thinking they can do what they want cause we have to be thankful that they gave the city Bundesliga football. Currently they are threatening the city counsil with plans of a new stadium cause they dont get real estates and permissions like they want. Sphero is also right with erverything he wrotes above. They deserve nothing, they are a marketing-instrument who play football, and not a footballclub who gets money cause they played well and gained some sucess or attention. And i hate the fact that they imagine/publishing themselves as if they are humble and spasmodic, and quite reasonable, while quite the opposite is true.

And btw: "feeder club", if a club like Bayern,Real or Barca wants some of their players they would be gone. What let you think that this is different at this joke of a "club"? The thing is just that there wasnt a single one player who is good enough for this step.
They are bankrolled by Red Bull. Even with all those 3 clubs combined net worth, Red Bull is still richer than them.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
What is their attendance and fan base like? I assume that's the biggest problem that a new club pumping lot of money will face.

Leipzig is a great place - half a mil population and the best local club is what 3rd division? Smart move.
They had a sell out crowd of 42,558 for their first two home matches against Dortmund and Mönchengladbach, while there was 35,721 for their recent home match against Augsburg. Last season the attendance varied a lot, from a sell out crowd to only 19,119 for their last home match before the Winter break in December. So it doesn't seem like the extremely loyal fanbase you typically see in the Bundesliga.

Enigma_87

You know who
They had a sell out crowd of 42,558 for their first two home matches against Dortmund and Mönchengladbach, while there was 35,721 for their recent home match against Augsburg. Last season the attendance varied a lot, from a sell out crowd to only 19,119 for their last home match before the Winter break in December. So it doesn't seem like the extremely loyal fanbase you typically see in the Bundesliga.
aye, thanks. Sounds normal then. It's an uni city as well from what I know and the ticket prices in BL are not that high compared to Prem for example so I'd imagine they can fill their home matches soon if they do well, especially with no big club nearby.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I like this. Though not second team, I too hereby declare my support for RB. I will buy a redbull on my way home today as inauguratory mark of my support for them.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
They are bankrolled by Red Bull. Even with all those 3 clubs combined net worth, Red Bull is still richer than them.
You have to get more information mate. They do a lot of propaganda, that they are "sooo humble and on the ground" and they only pay their players up to 3mio€ per anno. You think that will help attracting real top players? You think that will help if a player from them have a development and could play at a topclub?

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
aye, thanks. Sounds normal then. It's an uni city as well from what I know and the ticket prices in BL are not that high compared to Prem for example so I'd imagine they can fill their home matches soon if they do well, especially with no big club nearby.
Students are not interested in them. They attract familys who want to see some Bundesliga not in the TV for the first time since 20 years.

Abizzz

Whatever you think of RB, please be aware that their main man (Ralf Rangnick) is a complete and utter pri++ who isn't above anything to advance his personal vanity.

Last season when they came here two of our supporters went to their hotel to ask for a room (They never went past the reception).

Ralf Rangnick invented a long and thoroughly thought out story about how a mob of our supporters had "rushed" their hotel and intimidate their players before playing against us. He went all out in his victim mentality and kept the story alive until the police came out and said they had conducted an investigation and that what he had claimed never actually happened.

RB Leipzig is a collection of characters bought together by this pri+++.