Reactionary posters on here

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some of you are being right weapons recently and I'm sure you know who you are.

We get basically a tweet that says Maguire has been arrested with very scarce details/rumours and suddenly there's people saying to take the armband away and debating who should be the captain next season.

What is so wrong with you that you feel the need to immediately form an opinion on it? How do you know people didn't start on him whilst he was minding his own business and it was his mates who got involved. You think someone has never been arrested just because of the group they're part of before, or that police haven't just arrested everyone because they can't be arsed to work out who did what? Would it actually kill you to wait and see before making a judgement?

I've seen the same recently on here with Rashford as well. Poor bloke carried us for half of this season with a double fractured spine and didn't play too great after the restart and now he's apparently shit (some of the posts in the newbies about this are wild). Maybe, just maybe it takes a while to get back to playing football to a high level when you have an injury like that. It has long term effects on someone, especially when your style of play is as explosive as his tends to be.

Brandon Williams also getting stick because he has the audacity to not be a fully fledged perfect defender at the age of 19. Players can be criticised and we can discuss where and how they can improve but some of the posts on here are honestly moronic.

Some of you need to grow up. If this upsets/annoys you then it's probably you I'm talking about.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Agree on the Maguire thing. It doesn't look good but we should wait and see what comes out over time before jumping to silly conclusions. Imagine what this forum and social media would've been like when Roy Keane was arrested a few days before the FA Cup final.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Got to love the internet and the 21st century generally eh :lol: ?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bit quick to judge these posters tbh @Solius, you’ve no idea what they’ve been through or what they know which might shape their opinions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I read the Maguire thing and instantly dismissed it. Would be surprised if there's anything in it and he gets any real punishment.

Surely you have to err on this side with your own players until very strong evidence against it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'd love to know when the last time someone on here said or thought "I don't know enough about this incident/player to have an opinion on it yet".

Dante

Average bang
Some of you are being right weapons recently and I'm sure you know who you are.

We get basically a tweet that says Maguire has been arrested with very scarce details/rumours and suddenly there's people saying to take the armband away and debating who should be the captain next season.

What is so wrong with you that you feel the need to immediately form an opinion on it? How do you know people didn't start on him whilst he was minding his own business and it was his mates who got involved. You think someone has never been arrested just because of the group they're part of before, or that police haven't just arrested everyone because they can't be arsed to work out who did what? Would it actually kill you to wait and see before making a judgement?

I've seen the same recently on here with Rashford as well. Poor bloke carried us for half of this season with a double fractured spine and didn't play too great after the restart and now he's apparently shit (some of the posts in the newbies about this are wild). Maybe, just maybe it takes a while to get back to playing football to a high level when you have an injury like that. It has long term effects on someone, especially when your style of play is as explosive as his tends to be.

Brandon Williams also getting stick because he has the audacity to not be a fully fledged perfect defender at the age of 19. Players can be criticised and we can discuss where and how they can improve but some of the posts on here are honestly moronic.

Some of you need to grow up. If this upsets/annoys you then it's probably you I'm talking about.
They're agenda posters.

Don't care about United, don't care about the facts, don't care about football. They only care about how things affect their favourite player.

Everything negative about their favourite player is fake news, everything positive about them is an understatement, and anything that can remotely help their cause is a worthwhile development - even when it hurts the Manchester United overall. Because for them, their favourite player is Manchester United.

It's a result of the internet age where everything you see is either a 'like' or a 'dislike', and the only opinions that matter are the most extreme ones. Social media doesn't reward balanced opinions, so balanced opinions have stopped being shared.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Bit quick to judge these posters tbh @Solius, you’ve no idea what they’ve been through or what they know which might shape their opinions.
Bit quick to judge Solius tbh, you’ve no idea what he's been through or what he knows which might shape his opinions.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd love to know when the last time someone on here said or thought "I don't know enough about this incident/player to have an opinion on it yet".
Why would anyone actually bother to say that, though?

Like I haven't bothered to post in the Maguire thread cause I know feck all about it. I didn't get the urge to go in there and go "hey guys, I haven't actually read about this yet so just wanted to tell you that I have nothing to contribute to anything, cheers!"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Like I haven't bothered to post in the Maguire thread cause I know feck all about it. I didn't get the urge to go in there and go "hey guys, I haven't actually read about this yet so just wanted to tell you that I have nothing to contribute to anything, cheers!"
That's why I said 'thought' as well. It just feels like everyone has an immediate opinion on everything at the moment.

macheda14

Woah, I haven’t even bothered to read your post. But the title alone has my gears grinding. How dare you call people out on something. I’m not entirely sure what you’re calling them out over, but what gives you the right? I think you should be banned and sent off to another forum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: Think I'll start doing this

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
@Solius Here here, great post.

My assumption was he was provoked, probably because of who he is, though obviously we don’t really have any details yet. Shocked but not surprised by the fake uproar on the topic.

I have to say I agree with @Massive Spanner in that I haven’t bothered to post in the topic because it’s easier to just leave the kneejerkers to it. There’s a lot of stuff that gets said in here that I disagree with, but I don’t feel it’s my place as a noob to argue and my opinion would probably be written off in any case.
It is what it is.

Amerifan

Thank you for this.

I skip right over the player/manager/management/owner/whatever complaint threads. The implication many times is the complainer is a source of untapped footballing genius who would have avoided whatever they are whining about. My day is never long enough for them.

fps

Yes the internet unfortunately does allow some less than bright people to crawl out from under their rocks. What can one do?!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's certainly a rarity. The internet seems to dictate that people make a quick judgement call, irrespective of facts, and to just go with their emotions. Gives the impression that a massive percentage of people are hasty, judgemental and misinformed.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This reactionary thread is exactly why @Solius should be stripped of mod privileges. Now we need to work out who to replace him with, maybe @Mr Pigeon ?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Did we not decide to build a wall to keep the Newbies out? Or was that a dream?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Also, sack Fergie, sell Giggs. That’s not a reactionary statement btw. Has been on my mind ever since joining the Caf around 2004.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Indeed, people don't seem to put enough consideration into whether what they're saying is relevant, valuable or funny.

And that's just 90% of my own posts.

Edit: To be more truthful, I've gotten a bit sick of people being so negative. After the Kobenhavn? game, I posted to say that we largely dominated the game and were unlucky to find ourselves going into extra time. I had a few posters criticise my opinion, as if me pointing out that we'd enjoyed a large chunk of position and should have scored 5/6 was abhorrent. I stand by the point - even though it's just an opinion - but don't get what prompts people to be so irrationally negative. Beyond all else, I can clearly remember the amount of times we won 1-0 scrappily under SAF. It happened a lot.

Last edited:

bondsname

I consider myself a reactionary poster. I will vent here after a bad performance and call out players, but it's just a forum on the internet so I dont think much of it. At the end of the day I support all the players and the manager.

Who cares if someone says something on the internet. The internet is a messy place. If this place was full of sensible people who gave objective and constructive criticism all the time it would be boring.

What Maguire did was hilarious though. Apparently he ran from the police cursing, just the thought of that cracks me up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I consider myself a reactionary poster. I will vent here after a bad performance and call out players, but it's just a forum on the internet so I dont think much of it. At the end of the day I support all the players and the manager.

Who cares if someone says something on the internet. The internet is a messy place. If this place was full of sensible people who gave objective and constructive criticism all the time it would be boring.

What Maguire did was hilarious though. Apparently he ran from the police cursing, just the thought of that cracks me up.
Slippery slope, that one.

It feels like the majority are the reactionary ones at the moment. Yes the place is more colourful with the odd ones and the over the top ones but not when they're the main part of the site. Some people do like having regular rational discussion.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I don't think I could disagree more with this but I admire your honesty :lol:

bondsname

Slippery slope, that one.

It feels like the majority are the reactionary ones at the moment. Yes the place is more colourful with the odd ones and the over the top ones but not when they're the main part of the site. Some people do like having regular rational discussion.
I like a bit of both. Mix it up a little. You dont have to be on or the other, the Caf is perfect as it is. Please dont change anything!

danamann

So he is spending two nights in jail for no reason at all? Even if the news reports are exaggerating, he is representing Manchester United and should not put himself in such a situation in the first place. He has every right to be criticized. Bit weird to use this example to create a thread about reactionary posts, when there are plenty more and better examples on this forum.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So he is spending two nights in jail for no reason at all? Even if the news reports are exaggerating, he is representing Manchester United and should not put himself in such a situation in the first place. He has every right to be criticized. Bit weird to use this example to create a thread about reactionary posts, when there are plenty more and better examples on this forum.
I mean I did give other examples but the fact that a thread had cropped up both here and in the newbies asking who the captain should be before we know the full story here is a bit ridiculous.