Real Madrid become first team to retain the CL

Ban

Thanks @Mitchell Nicholas

In the last clásico there were many culés at Bernabéu because some socios sold the ticket.
After that the club kicked them out so I would be careful buying from some socio.Anyway there are people already selling tickets for spanish Supercopa against Barsa:
https://www.milanuncios.com/entradas-de-futbol/supercopa-bernabeu.htm
Check the club website but less than 150€ each is very difficult.
You could try to buy for another league match from some socio,in that case probably the club wouldn't care.
I forgot about Supercopa! :)

But it's too early for me given my financial situation. :D

WhoDaGOAT

I don't think they're as good as Pep's Barcelona.

2008/2009:

La Liga
Copa del Rey
Champions League

2009/2010:
Supercopa
Super Cup
Club World Cup
La Liga
Champions League semi-finalists

2010/2011:
Supercopa
La Liga
Champions League

2011/2012:
Supercopa
Super Cup
Club World Cup
Copa del Rey
Champions League semi-finalists

Zidane's off to an unbelievable start, though. Should they win La Liga next season, they will be in the same category. Real are more of a cup side than a dominant force.

Under Zidane, they are finally showing some consistency. All the great sides usually win their own league to go with their European triumphs. Winning The Champions League is the pinnacle of this sport. But winning both it and your domestic league is the benchmark.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Not winning your league in the same season devalues a CL title a lot, imo. You don't need to be the best team consistently to win a cup, but certainly in the league. That said, it might be Real's most deserved CL title in a long time.
Only they shouldn't have gone past the QF, of course.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't stand the cnuts and their win yesterday annoyed me greatly, but they're definitely the biggest club in the world.

It's depressing how far behind we are in terms of European Cups. Feck sakes.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
La decimotercera doesn't have a nice ring to it. I can see it being a few years before they win another one

RooneyLegend

They take this being a big club thing seriously. They are not about these other clubs with these ideals( i.e youth policies and so on) they are about winning. winning while playing positive football. They've fired title winning coaches for playing negatively. They don't accept mediocrity, no such thing as second chances. You can just see the vast difference between us and them in terms of reacting to the 09 season. Both our clubs lost to a hell of a barca outfit, they aggressively chased that teams level while we went on a search for 'value' and believed we were 2 players away from barca level.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
They take this being a big club thing seriously. They are not about these other clubs with these ideals( i.e youth policies and so on) they are about winning. winning while playing positive football. They've fired title winning coaches for playing negatively. They don't accept mediocrity, no such thing as second chances. You can just see the vast difference between us and them in terms of reacting to the 09 season. Both our clubs lost to a hell of a barca outfit, they aggressively chased that teams level while we went on a search for 'value' and believed we were 2 players away from barca level.
Great post.

gaucho_10

Not winning your league in the same season devalues a CL title a lot, imo. You don't need to be the best team consistently to win a cup, but certainly in the league. That said, it might be Real's most deserved CL title in a long time.
Only they shouldn't have gone past the QF, of course.
In that case every Bayern's CL victorie can only be devalued considering there is no competition in the league.

As for the white text, you were awarded a penalty for imaginary hand ball in Munich. Vidal wasn't sent (wasn't even a foul) at the beginning of second half in Madrid when he purposely elbowed Kroos in the face. Oh and you scored from offside to make it into extra time. The refs gave you all the help you could get in those two games and you bottled it. You never had the chance.

Making yourself believe in fairy tales won' help you get better next season, it will only bring more disappointment when you go out in semi-finals again.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Luckiest team in the world..they didn't even deserve to be in the final this year. Their wins vs Atletico in 2014, 2016 were down to luck (Atleti's injuries, or Ramos offside goal). With the exception of Juve they have never won against a powerhouse, they always play against a dark horse, like Valencia, Leverkusen and Atletico. Like Barca they are a small team in mentality. I would understand if they had one player with disgusting antics but their full team is like this: Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe etc but it is obvious that it is in their nature. I have seen great teams before, but no team could reach the final either down to luck or down to referees as this Madrid side can.
I won't lie, I'm loving your bitter tears.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Was at the game yesterday - very impressed with the Madrid fans along with the team. It felt a lot like the 11-12 final - an ageing Buffon/VdS struggling to reach a long range goal, a Juve/United team playing at a very high level but totally outclassed by the outstanding team of the last few years.

LeCon

Supports
St Germain Le Fouilloux
Biggest club in the world.

Best club in European football over the last 50 years.

And I absolutely hate them for it.
It always confuses me when people say things like this. Club sizes are measured by amounts of members. Or in terms of football, number of fans.

Manchester United are the biggest club in the world.

Even Newcastle United are a big club.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
There isn't one specific criteria that makes you the biggest club in the world imo. It's a combination of things: everything from trophies won to global fanbase to prestige and the ability to attract the best players.

United might have more fans than Madrid (although I wouldn't bet on it), but Madrid have so many more trophies and they are so prestigious that it's hard to argue that they are anything but the biggest club in the world.

Varun

Staff
It always confuses me when people say things like this. Club sizes are measured by amounts of members. Or in terms of football, number of fans.

Manchester United are the biggest club in the world.

Even Newcastle United are a big club.
This isn't the local laughter club we're talking about where number of members = size. Number of fans is just 1 parameter when it comes to being the biggest club in the world.

Timdbro

You can see it in their recruitment, they can attract the best at all times and they know it. Even Barça's recruitment in comparison looks a bit more like they're trying to find the hidden gems - other than Neymar and Suarez there's been very little of note recently.

Revan

Assumptionman
There isn't one specific criteria that makes you the biggest club in the world imo. It's a combination of things: everything from trophies won to global fanbase to prestige and the ability to attract the best players.

United might have more fans than Madrid (although I wouldn't bet on it), but Madrid have so many more trophies and they are so prestigious that it's hard to argue that they are anything but the biggest club in the world.
I don't find it particularly close to be fair. Real is on a level on their own, the others are far behind them, and United definitely isn't the club who leads that chase.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Pep's Barcelona just tried so hard. Incredible team work and effort to make it effective. One of the best teams ever no question.

But this Madrid is easier on the eye for me. Modric and Kroos play like they are in socks, oozing class all over and with creative freedom. Then they have the two best fullbacks in the world and of course, the serial killer upfront.

Effortless and class. White suits them best.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
i don't think that Guardiola's Barcelona were better. Barca kept the ball a lot, was overall quite defensive, IMO. Barca back in the day against this Real side would be a match made in heaven. My money would be on Real. :drool:

JustinC00

Huge assist goes to little brother Atletico for Real winning 3 out of 4

Beat them in the Semi-Finals this year
The finals last year
The finals two years ago

In fact the 1 year Real didn't make to the finals in the last 4 they still made it to the Semi-Final by beating Atletico in the Quarter-Finals

LeCon

Supports
St Germain Le Fouilloux
Not sure if serious
Club size is entirely dependent on amount of fans. United have the most fans, the most revenue. United are the biggest club in the world.

I'm not a fan boy, i don't even support them. But club size is club size.

Are Monaco a 'big club' because they win stuff but have no fans ? Nope.

United were MASSIVE globally when they got relegated. In your definition of a big club they must have been tiny ?

What you mean is 'successful' or 'generate revenue' or 'bought a league', not 'big'.

IRELANDUNITED

After many great teams have attempted it Ronaldo and Co. Have finally managed it.

Zidane wins the CL in his first two seasons as a manager (discounting Castilla)

12th European Cup. 3 in the last 4 years!

How does this side rank compared to the great Barcelona side?

And finally who is going to stop them next year?
They surely have to be considered better than the great barcelona side, they've won more. People said they had an easy run to the final last year, which maybe they did, but this year they beat Napoli, Munich, Atletico and Juve in the knock out games nothing easy about that.

led_scholes

So thats 6 for (98,02,14,16,17) Madrid 5 for Barcelona (92,06,09,11,15) during that time period and thats still a ridiculous haul thats EIGHT more than United!

They dive, play act and get calls from the refs but you still cant call the two biggest teams in football "small team mentality" you just cant, those teams are full of winners (some assholes like Ramos, Casimero) and two of the greatest players of all time.
In every year from 2006 till today they had some really dodgy decisions from the referees going in favor to them. Against Milan in 06, Chelsea 09, Arsenal 11 etc. Their players are constantly trying to cheat, and you can see their small team mentality even in their fans here when they argue in this forum which team is more favored by the refs etc. That's why I consider them to have small team mentality. I still remember Pedro playing acting in the semi finals vs Real in the last minute, and you could see it yesterday with the Real players trying to cheat even when the score is 4-1. Do you remember Pepe last year in the final? When a team is doing it every single year no matter the context is down to their mentality.

Of course in the end no one will remember how Real reached the final this year, so probably is a bit pointless to say more about this topic :P

hubbuh

Is Ronaldo standing on his toes again?
:lol: How odd. His insecurities have probably helped him in becoming one of the best ever though.

Fair play to Madrid/Cadbury's Chocolate bars. On another level to everyone else.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
They surely have to be considered better than the great barcelona side, they've won more. People said they had an easy run to the final last year, which maybe they did, but this year they beat Napoli, Munich, Atletico and Juve in the knock out games nothing easy about that.
How do you figure that? They just won the league for the first time in 5 years, and suddenly they have won more than 2009-11 Barca. :lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I'm watching the celebration stream on YouTube. Madrid sure know how to throw a party!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
:lol: How odd. His insecurities have probably helped him in becoming one of the best ever though.

Fair play to Madrid/Cadbury's Chocolate bars. On another level to everyone else.
Him trying to score off a bicycle kick almost immediately after Mandzukic's goal was classic.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They haven't one more.

Real 2013-17: 1x La Liga, 3x Champions League, 1x Copa Del Rey, 2x Club World Cup, 2x UEFA Super Cup, 0x Supercopa de Espana. Total: 4 major + 5 minor = 9 cups.

Barca 2008-12: 3x La Liga, 2x Champions League, 2x Copa Del Rey, 2x Club World Cup, 2x UEFA Super Cup, 3x Supercopa de Espana: Total: 5 major + 9 minor = 14 cups.

Theonas

Scout
Easily the best Real team since the '50s. The first time they have done the league and CL double since then speaks volumes for this team. It's difficult to evaluate them against other teams as whereas 3 CLs in 4 years is something nobody else achieved but on the other hand 1 title in 5 years is really poor if you want to be in the discussion for the very best teams. All in all I think that behind Pep's Barcelona, they are as good as anyone we have seen this century.

Theonas

Scout
i don't think that Guardiola's Barcelona were better. Barca kept the ball a lot, was overall quite defensive, IMO. Barca back in the day against this Real side would be a match made in heaven. My money would be on Real. :drool:
Pep's Barcelona changed a whole generation of teams. People still now refer to them as the reference and probably will for a very long time. Never in the history of the game did big games between two equally big clubs look as one sided as they did in that 2009-2011. And we're not even talking about the trophy count here which also trumps basically everyone. This century at least, you have that team standing alone at the top followed by a bunch of teams who are more "normal" top teams which includes us 2008, Bayern 2013 and Real 2017.

Morpheus 7

Firstly I hate Real Madrid but they deserved last night. They have winner's scattered throughout there team. A winning mentality can't be bought, it's something that grows over years of success and challenging. I personally think Pep's Barca team that beat us would take down this side, credit where it's due though. Real beat arguably the best sides to win this European cup, history and facts don't lie. It's so difficult to retain this trophy, it's not like an FA cup. It's the elite of Europe over a season. I think Ronaldo is on a different level to the rest though. You combine this with the craft of Ramos and quality of kroos and Modric and you have a great team. They preform in the big games and moments, when it really counts. I think Juve didn't give a great account of themselves too, they conceded more in that final that they probably did in the competition. They played too negative and Real sensed blood in that second half, ruthless stuff. You don't have to like it but you have to appluade a side with an edge like that. Ronaldo is the man for the biggest occasion. I think we are witnessing the greatest of all time, this is my opinion.