Real Madrid become first team to retain the CL

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pep's Barcelona changed a whole generation of teams. People still now refer to them as the reference and probably will for a very long time. Never in the history of the game did big games between two equally big clubs look as one sided as they did in that 2009-2011. And we're not even talking about the trophy count here which also trumps basically everyone. This century at least, you have that team standing alone at the top followed by a bunch of teams who are more "normal" top teams which includes us 2008, Bayern 2013 and Real 2017.
Barca lost the first game against Inter 3:1 and the matches against Chelsea were close. So what i'm trying to say here is that -despite having some world class plays in their games, they faced opponents who they were unable to blow out of the water in the aformentioned period of time. Real also managed to get their hands on the Copa. So it's possible to downplay their dominating period a bit.

Last season i think Real weren't good but because of a poor competition and luck in the draws they managed to pull it off. This season is different, they're rolling, no chance whatsover, they move the ball around and always find the necessary pockets of space.

Barca between 2009-2011 were a very good side, who played good attacking and clever defensive football. But for me they didn't revolutionize the game.

Theonas

Scout
Barca lost the first game against Inter 3:1 and the matches against Chelsea were close. So what i'm trying to say here is that -despite having some world class plays in their games, they faced opponents who they were unable to blow out of the water in the aformentioned period of time. Real also managed to get their hands on the Copa. So it's possible to downplay their dominating period a bit.

Last season i think Real weren't good but because of a poor competition and luck in the draws they managed to pull it off. This season is different, they're rolling, no chance whatsover, they move the ball around and always find the necessary pockets of space.

Barca between 2009-2011 were a very good side, who played good attacking and clever defensive football. But for me they didn't revolutionize the game.
Nobody really revolutionizes the game. Million things add up to each other and the tide slowly shifts to one direction. But there are teams and personalities who maybe play a bigger role in that. Cruyff and Rinus Michels were one. Sacchi and Milan did too and Pep and Barcelona. I am not even saying what they did was good, or that it is right that teams are trying to copy them but to suggest that they didn't influence an entire generation of managers and football watching fans is simply not true. Just look at SAF's interview this and this is a man with 50+ years experience in the game who talks about how he felt the influence of that Barcelona team in terms of how everyone wanted to play after them.

This Real team as you mention have the Copa true, but there simply is no way you can be mentioned in the list of all time greats with one league title in 5 years. There are simply too many teams with better records over an extended period of time. If Real go on to win three league in a row now or maybe 3 titles in 4 years or something like that, they will be in the discussion. But like AC Milan of the '00s, the domestic record is too weak. Of course Barcelona did not blow every team away, nobody said that. What I said was they dominated fellow big clubs to an extent never seen before. What other team can you name who played against big teams and the other team was resigned from the beginning to 90 minutes of defending and hoping for the counter? That display against Real when they beat 5/0 alone is something I don't think we will see the likes of which any time soon by anyone. It is that sort of dominance that I mean when I say their level is unlikely to be matched.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Their squad is obscenely good. They're not as good as Barcelona under Pep but the sheer options they have is ridiculous. Players like James, Isco and Bale fighting it out to start. Morata as backup. Half the time the second choice players out performing the stars. Madness. If you want to spend crazy money I suppose this should be the end result with a squad littered with talent other teams would want just one or two of.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Needed several awful referring performances to get them anywhere near the final. Played well in the Final though.
Which decisions were those?

I don't think they can compare to Barcelona under Pep which is the best team I've seen. That side toyed with their opposition more and more importantly dominated the league in addition to European success. Madrid have 2 leagues in some 8 or 9 years. But the talent in their team frightening. And fair play to them for consitently investing in quality. Their standards are high and they've reaped the rewards.

kotha

After that 2008 Barca team, I thought Real would be just trying to catch up to that team for the next 10 years.. But the fact they have already made a team that makes us question which one is good, that's an hell of an achievement. I don't know how Barca are run, but if the situations were reversed, would they have caught up to Madrid so fast? Or have they always relied on their youth products to give a rounded finish to the squad?

norm87cro

it's ridiculous that alongside with a great set of players they get so many dodgy decisions (the bayern debacle) and it's degrading the value of the whole competition in my eyes. But unfortunately no one will remember that in 10 years time. As far as the final goes they crushed juventus and deservedly won that game

mosmartindb9

Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks for the info. :)
What about the tickets for other games, what are the prices for those?
I will certainly hit you up if I'm going to Madrid. It's great if someone can help me so close to the game. :)
It depends on games. As I said, I own a travel agency. I'm quite new to selling games tickets as only bought them for me and my friends. So, don't expect top notch services as my employees are not trained for that yet. But I've got good connections and I can find tickets for almost any game/team. Currently working on the hotels API of our travel portal and then a matches API will be in work.
Now, with the Super Cup, I can definitely help and I might even go to that game as well.
I have a soft spot for United because of Ferguson and Ronaldo, even though we are basically rivals and I would have loved Pogba at Madrid last year. I might login here twice a year, but I read almost daily.
You can find Bernabeu tickets starting with 100 euros for plenty of games. You can even find them on European games sometimes, (group stages, unimportant knockout). Last time I was at Bernabeu it was a Schalke game and I paid around 150 euros for tier 1.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

That's putting it very lightly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Was at the game yesterday - very impressed with the Madrid fans along with the team. It felt a lot like the 11-12 final - an ageing Buffon/VdS struggling to reach a long range goal, a Juve/United team playing at a very high level but totally outclassed by the outstanding team of the last few years.
You're a very lucky man. It was the best CL Final for ages I've seen. And I don't think Madrid "totally outclassed" Juve, at least not before the 3rd goal. Even with that 3rd, I felt that they could still get back in the game before the sent off. They were unlucky to have 'only' Higuain as striker.

Ban

It depends on games. As I said, I own a travel agency. I'm quite new to selling games tickets as only bought them for me and my friends. So, don't expect top notch services as my employees are not trained for that yet. But I've got good connections and I can find tickets for almost any game/team. Currently working on the hotels API of our travel portal and then a matches API will be in work.
Now, with the Super Cup, I can definitely help and I might even go to that game as well.
I have a soft spot for United because of Ferguson and Ronaldo, even though we are basically rivals and I would have loved Pogba at Madrid last year. I might login here twice a year, but I read almost daily.
You can find Bernabeu tickets starting with 100 euros for plenty of games. You can even find them on European games sometimes, (group stages, unimportant knockout). Last time I was at Bernabeu it was a Schalke game and I paid around 150 euros for tier 1.
I realized UEFA Supercup is played in Skopje which is kind of close to Zagreb so I'm thinking of going to that instead of Spain Supercup. Can you get tickets for that maybe? :)
As for La liga, I'll do a trip in the autumn if possible so I will surely hit you up when I decide which game and when.

DanClancy

If you'd told me prior to the CL win 2014 they'd win 3 of the next 4 I'd have been astounded, even now I've still not got my head round it. To be fair this season they are probably the best team in Europe although in their previous 2 wins I didn't think they were. Luck certainly went their in the games against Bayern with the decisions and Bayern could have finished that tie in the first half in Munich.

Despite the success I wouldn't class them as one of the best teams I've seen, their lack of success in their own league backs that points up.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's just struck me is we had a chance to do the same in 09, inspired by Ronaldo. And the next team that had the chance to do it was Real this year, inspired by Ronaldo.