Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Maybe he would leave his injuries in Madrid like Ronaldo in Milan (He was injured so much for Inter Mailand and then BOOM pretty fit for Real Madrid in his first four seasons there).
I honestly couldn't see it ending well and thankfully the club won't go near him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His overall performance in 2016 CL final was outstanding imo. Didn't score or assist in that one but did what was required of him in the team structure which was crucial against Atletico's set up.
Yes, he was our best player that night. If Lucas and Cristiano don't have the worst games of their careers, we would have won that one comfortably, and he would have taken motm honors

Maybe he would leave his injuries in Madrid like Ronaldo in Milan (He was injured so much for Inter Mailand and then BOOM pretty fit for Real Madrid in his first four seasons there).
The galacticidio began when ronnie got injured in 2004. With him, we were cruising and looked set to win the league and have a much awaited showdown with milan for CL and best team in the world titles on the line...we ended up winning zilch(granted ronnie wasn't the only guy picking up injuries)

peridigm

They will run out of potential managers at some point. That job has to be the same as a doctor telling you that you have a terminal illness. You could go anywhere between 2 weeks and 3 years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently the club has already given the first warning to Solari.
Until his last statements he was managing well the public aspect, although perhaps little charismatic and scary.
The team is still disorganized, several substitutions are very defensive. They have recommended him solving his problems with Isco,play Asensio and use Vinicius once and for all.
In terms of signings, I think Hermoso has lost weight and Palacios is still there but perhaps for summer.
There is a lot of talk about looking for players without renewing, both Hazard, who seems done, as Eriksen or Rashford (who seemed slightly feasible a month ago).
https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-madrid/2019/01/05/real-madrid-busca-ofertas-ultimo-ano-3543297
Happy with the signing of Brahim although a bit expensive for 6 months

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Yes, he was our best player that night. If Lucas and Cristiano don't have the worst games of their careers, we would have won that one comfortably, and he would have taken motm honors

The galacticidio began when ronnie got injured in 2004. With him, we were cruising and looked set to win the league and have a much awaited showdown with milan for CL and best team in the world titles on the line...we ended up winning zilch(granted ronnie wasn't the only guy picking up injuries)
It was only logical, that squad was basically 13 Real Madrid quality players and a bunch of mediocre guys. Even more at risk with the "Beatles" preseason Florentino organized to earn money.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/real-madrid/leistungsdaten/verein/418/plus/0?reldata=&2003

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Assist aside Ronaldo, Benzema and Lucas had the exact same performance Bale did in the 2016 CL final. You're talking as if Bale had an incredible performance when it was a 7/10 performance at best, none of them did anything significant or change the game at all, Madrid barely attacked after going 1-0 up. It was a crap game with two extremely cautious managers in charge.

No way Bale gets motm unless he scores that big chance he missed, Gabi and Carrasco were the best players on the pitch that day, Danilo was the worst.
Not true at all. Bale was the single driving force behind our attack. Everything we did on attack went through him. He should have had 3 assists on the night. The other attacking players couldn't hold onto a ball. It was an ugly game, in part because the ridiculous humidity made it physically devastating for everyone. And Danilo actually wasn't bad at all. It was one of the few games with us where he was decent

And I said Bale was OUR best player, not the game's best player

You weren't cruising or looking set to win the league before Ronaldo got injured in 2004 either, your form barely changed depending on if he was on the pitch or not. He was nowhere near being that important to Madrid, Raul and Zidane were better players by then.
Uh, you sure? Remember him going down(amidst a strew of other injuries) and us completely collapsing. Still, he was our best player in 02/03 and 03/04. Raul and Zidane were amazing too, but Ronnie was just different

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not true at all. Bale was the single driving force behind our attack. Everything we did on attack went through him. He should have had 3 assists on the night. The other attacking players couldn't hold onto a ball. It was an ugly game, in part because the ridiculous humidity made it physically devastating for everyone. And Danilo actually wasn't bad at all. It was one of the few games with us where he was decent

And I said Bale was OUR best player, not the game's best player

Uh, you sure? Remember him going down(amidst a strew of other injuries) and us completely collapsing. Still, he was our best player in 02/03 and 03/04. Raul and Zidane were amazing too, but Ronnie was just different
3 assists? Only if they had been unbelievably clinical, you barely created one easy chance all game, nevermind enough to score 3 goals. If anything it was Bale's presence that made it harder for you to thrive offensively and dominate the game, Isco instead of Bale and you'd have dominated the midfield and seen Benzema and Ronaldo a lot more involved.

You weren't the best or second best team in the world in 2003 or 2004, no matter if Ronaldo stays fit or not.

Vadim

They will run out of potential managers at some point. That job has to be the same as a doctor telling you that you have a terminal illness. You could go anywhere between 2 weeks and 3 years.
What’s with the football and terminal illness analogies around here?

The two are nothing alike. Use a different example for feck sake - it’s disrespectful to anyone effected by terminal illness last or present.

Cloud7

They really should be looking at fellas like Salah, Mane and everyones favourite Bobby to spice up their life.
Every career mode I’ve played in fifa 19 Madrid sign Firmino within the first two seasons. Every single one, without fail. I think that’s as much of a sign as we can hope for.

Cloud7

Apparently the club has already given the first warning to Solari.
Until his last statements he was managing well the public aspect, although perhaps little charismatic and scary.
The team is still disorganized, several substitutions are very defensive. They have recommended him solving his problems with Isco,play Asensio and use Vinicius once and for all.
In terms of signings, I think Hermoso has lost weight and Palacios is still there but perhaps for summer.
There is a lot of talk about looking for players without renewing, both Hazard, who seems done, as Eriksen or Rashford (who seemed slightly feasible a month ago).
https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-madrid/2019/01/05/real-madrid-busca-ofertas-ultimo-ano-3543297
Happy with the signing of Brahim although a bit expensive for 6 months
Keep your grubby little paws away from Rashy :nono:

Dolf

Why are we spoilt?
Winning the CL 4 times in 5 years, having absolute world class players in your team but as soon as you have a minor crisis your fans stop turning up and start booing the team. The fans even booed Ronaldo while he was playing for you, as if he wasn't the one that brought you all that succes which has become even clearer now that he has left.
Had he played for us he would have already had a statue outside old trafford...

peridigm

What’s with the football and terminal illness analogies around here?

The two are nothing alike. Use a different example for feck sake - it’s disrespectful to anyone effected by terminal illness last or present.
okay

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Winning the CL 4 times in 5 years, having absolute world class players in your team but as soon as you have a minor crisis your fans stop turning up and start booing the team. The fans even booed Ronaldo while he was playing for you, as if he wasn't the one that brought you all that succes which has become even clearer now that he has left.
I don't think they are spoilt at all.

They just have a different way of doing things at Madrid and it works for them. To them last seasons sucesss belongs in the past and they are obsessed with doing well in future. It's worked out pretty well for them too.

It's not the United way of doing things. But our way isn't necessarily right. It's just right for us.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I do not think that's exactly to be spoilt(although probably we are for other things). I remember a shit midfield with Gago, and Higuain up, and with a Barsa destroying all the teams and the Bernabéu full, or with Mourinho or Capello, playing very badly. It may be a certain feeling of emptiness because Cristiano left, or even the price of the tickets. Today,Day of the magic kings is always full, but the minimum entry is 50 euros.
This season whistles have been heard in many stadiums, it is not exclusive to Madrid

IronCroos37

they still have a world class squad, they are just tired of trophies. Maybe next year. The squad is not even old, however some fresh new faces would benefit a lot. Lewa + Hazard this past summer would have done wonders.

Dolf

I don't think they are spoilt at all.

They just have a different way of doing things at Madrid and it works for them. To them last seasons sucesss belongs in the past and they are obsessed with doing well in future. It's worked out pretty well for them too.

It's not the United way of doing things. But our way isn't necessarily right. It's just right for us.
I do not think that's exactly to be spoilt(although probably we are for other things). I remember a shit midfield with Gago, and Higuain up, and with a Barsa destroying all the teams and the Bernabéu full, or with Mourinho or Capello, playing very badly. It may be a certain feeling of emptiness because Cristiano left, or even the price of the tickets. Today,Day of the magic kings is always full, but the minimum entry is 50 euros.
This season whistles have been heard in many stadiums, it is not exclusive to Madrid
Fair enough. Maybe I compared them to much to us. :)

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I'd say, yes, terrible season, but they are still alive in the UCL.

Madrid usually has "terrible" Liga seasons (3rd-4th spot, thrashed by Barça) while winning the UCL. 2016-17 being the single exception.

DavidDeSchmikes

Betis (a), Sevilla (h), Espanyol (a), Alaves (h), Atletico Madrid (a), Girona (h)- these are Real Madrid's next 6 games, all difficult

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see Betis beating them, will be 1 point off Madrid if that happens.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone remember the last club to sack two managers in one season?

youmeletsfly

they still have a world class squad, they are just tired of trophies. Maybe next year. The squad is not even old, however some fresh new faces would benefit a lot. Lewa + Hazard this past summer would have done wonders.
It's an ageing "world class" squad that lost a 50g/season player and wasn't replaced. I mean, what the feck would happen if you remove 50 goals per season from a team and you add absolutely nothing? They went with the classical mentality that other players will set up and that's terrible thinking. Bale played 25 games a season, Benzema scored ~15 goalss per season, and that's when Ronnie was there.

They lack a world class striker, a world class left winger/forward, good creative CM (as modric is kinda shit these days) and a decent manager.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If I had to bet today I would say that Mourinho will be the coach next season.
The club have to wake up a little in the market and accelerate the sale of veterans

Mick321

Can't see them doing much in the CL, yeah their history, won it last year (thank god!!), their motivation will suddenly come again but 7 months is a long time in football, they are soooo stale and lost their best player. The midfield is old and one paced. Bale, Benzema and one other (Isco, Asensio, whoever) all good players but it's frightening no one, thats if Bale can even stay fit. I dont think they even looked particularly good last year anyway, Bayern should have put them out and they were second best in the final till the hilarious Ramos Salah thing. Honestly wouldn't even back these to get past Spurs.

January transfers pending anyway. If they sign an elite attacker then it's a different story, can't see who that'd be right now though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We're in pne of those situations now. With a competent ref or even a competent guy in charge of VAR, we might not lose this game. The performance on the whole wasn't even bad, we actually played some good football here. Just a dumb penalty conceded, horrible finishing and a ref that won't get another game in primera in his life

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If I had to bet today I would say that Mourinho will be the coach next season.
The club have to wake up a little in the market and accelerate the sale of veterans
This is a recipe for disaster but I hope it happens..

Real have seemingly started on buying younger players instead of galaticos over the last few years and that manager doesn't have a great youth record.

Also the fact that this bunch of players has won so much recently means that they will hardly buy into his methods.

I can see him lasting for a season or less. Like Van Gaal with Barca in 2002.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Common for Palermo, even hired same manager twice in same season.
Think Zamparini once sacked the same guy 3 times in the same season :lol:

Think they had like 5 managers under contract at the same time at some point

And yeab, sacking multiple managers in the same season happens regularly at smaller clubs in italy and spain

GM K

Madrid was always going to experience a dip. They just lost one of the most ruthless finishers of all time and never even tried to replace him (not that they can).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think Zamparini once sacked the same guy 3 times in the same season :lol:
Don't remember 3 times, but remember sacking same guy twice and ending up with 6-8 managers in a season. Palermo owner is in league of his own.