Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

RORY65

They would be mad to take him back but that wouldn't exactly rule Perez out of doing so, especially given he wants to lessen Ramos' influence at the club.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last i heard coming out of spain was "mourinho is better as a friend than colleague"

RoyH1

Just won the World Club Championship. Bit of a forgettable tournament, but I suppose it'll fill their trophy room even more.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not only are they not very good but they've become extremely boring to watch which is a Madrid fan worst nightmare.

Surely they're going to be making some signings in January?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not only are they not very good but they've become extremely boring to watch which is a Madrid fan worst nightmare.

Who can they sign this month?

RoyH1

I've read that other than Brahim Diaz, no one is coming there in January. Apparently Florentino is going to do a massive cull of the squad in the summer and kind of needs them to "fail" in order to do it. A lot of the veterans and big guns will be gone. The mad thing is that apparently the hiring of Mourinho to oversee the big revolution is no joke.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
4 league goals from Bale is shocking. Looking at his Madrid career as a whole, do Madrid fans think of him as a disappointment?

Had some big moments in big games but it's hard not to think this is the season that defines him. Had the opportunity to make his mark on the team and carry a struggling side with regular moments of individual brilliance, the way he did in his last season at Spurs, and it just seems like he's crumbled under the pressure.

Pretttttttty glad we didn't go for him 12-18 months ago...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
4 league goals from Bale is shocking. Looking at his Madrid career as a whole, do Madrid fans think of him as a disappointment?

Had some big moments in big games but it's hard not to think this is the season that defines him. Had the opportunity to make his mark on the team and carry a struggling side with regular moments of individual brilliance, the way he did in his last season at Spurs, and it just seems like he's crumbled under the pressure.

In many of those seasons he's scored 20 + and as you've said he's turned up in the big games (decisive in 2 and arguably three CL finals which isn't bad going). He's not Ronaldo but I think he's done fine there tbh.

Does seem to get a bad rap from Madrid fans though. Benzema gets easier ride from their fanbase from what I've read, I would say Bale has had better career overall especially as Benz been there five more years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

He will have a great farewell video, with three iconic goals: Copa del Rey final against Bartra/Barsa, the goal in la décima and this past season.
However, he missed almost 50% of the minutes
I think for the fan it is difficult to appreciate him as much as others.
In the time he has played he has achieved good numbers, but he has also been seen as irrelevant, isolated, always being overprotected by the club.
It can be understood that he is a player of flashes, and not a leader to hold onto in the worst moments, as Cristiano used to be.
However, this year, as a franchise player, he should have taken a step forward.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Bale was more than worth the 100 million for his CL final performances alone.

His past 3 seasons have been very far from world class though and he's always been more of a sidekick than a superstar that was part of the spine of the team.

His period in Madrid has been simultaneously an incredible success and a bit disappointing if that makes sense. La Liga is the league he's less suited to be playing in so that hasn't helped him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The infuriating thing is he's going to get away with saying that. He knows he'll be back to Castilla next year anyways...

Re: Bale

He's been injured waaay too much. The two seasons he managed to stay injury free for several months at a time he was amazing, dare say in 2016 until the injury in the fall he'd been even better than Cristiano, and it's not that Cris wasn't great either. Still, he's consistently come up with the goods when it mattered most. He will rightly go down as a club legend. At the same time, he'll also go down as somewhat underwhelming, because he could have been so much more than 3 iconic goals

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The infuriating thing is he's going to get away with saying that. He knows he'll be back to Castilla next year anyways...

He's been injured waaay too much. The two seasons he managed to stay injury free for several months at a time he was amazing, dare say in 2016 until the injury in the fall he'd been even better than Cristiano, and it's not that Cris wasn't great either. Still, he's consistently come up with the goods when it mattered most. He will rightly go down as a club legend. At the same time, he'll also go down as somewhat underwhelming, because he could have been so much more than 3 iconic goals
It's a shame he's had such bad luck with injuries. He does turn up in the big games, but it is frustrating for a fan base that can no longer rely on CR7's exceptional form and physical maintenance (which didn't stop them from booing him at times) to have to rely on Bale's health to get some kind of form going for the team.

JSArsenal

Why did they give Solari a contract to 2021? Surely he would have accepted a caretaker role. He's never even managed another club. I think Perez should have hired Wenger with Solari as the assistant manager.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Mourinho would do, its a different squad to the one he had so hopefully there wouldn't be the same clashes. However since Mourinho has clashed with the dressing rooms of his next two clubs after Madrid, that suggests that part of the flaw was with Mourinho and not just the egos at Madrid.

If Perez really wants to go full pelt with this youth project, then no better manager available than Wenger to bring the kids through. Madrid will be fine though, that club is never down for long.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Why did they give Solari a contract to 2021? Surely he would have accepted a caretaker role. He's never even managed another club. I think Perez should have hired Wenger with Solari as the assistant manager.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Mourinho would do, its a different squad to the one he had so hopefully there wouldn't be the same clashes. However since Mourinho has clashed with the dressing rooms of his next two clubs after Madrid, that suggests that part of the flaw was with Mourinho and not just the egos at Madrid.

If Perez really wants to go full pelt with this youth project, then no better manager available than Wenger to bring the kids through. Madrid will be fine though, that club is never down for long.
The senior players would walk all over Wenger.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Being a former player surely the contract benefits the club a lot. They usually pay everything if he does not get a job until 2021,if not It would be only a year.
I guess the long contract is a change of label. Give him some authority and idea of project in front of the players.
I would have loved Wenger years ago,now It's too late

JSArsenal

The senior players would walk all over Wenger.
Wenger would let them. I can't think of another manager who gives more power and freedom to his players. Ramos could walk into the dressing room and say he plans to get forward a lot more than he does and leave the defending to someone else. Wenger would encourage him.

The man is the exact opposite of a hard taskmaster. He let Ozil take a mini vacation every season and train once a week, sometimes not at all.

He'd be perfect for that Madrid locker room, provided that the team was good enough to play his football and win trophies. Even if he acts like the players' lovable grandpa they would tire of him quickly if trophies weren't involved.

Last edited:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Mata isn't good enough on the right wing and Lingard's best position is also somewhere else......Bale right now could 100% help us to get the 4th place.
Right, but wouldn't he have to actually play then?

He'd be injured and on big wages.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

His overall performance in 2016 CL final was outstanding imo. Didn't score or assist in that one but did what was required of him in the team structure which was crucial against Atletico's set up.