Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
He cost of 30m right? Or close to it. Great deal if you ask me. 2 amazing goalkeepers, both will give each other competition. Navas is 31, so courtois has plenty of time to be number one even if he don't dispatch Navas this season. That's GK sorted for them for up to 10 years.
The problem is that I don't think Courtois will be happy having "competition". That's a bomb waiting to explode

Kostov

Football clubs post some sh*te on their official social media at the best of times. But it's pushing it for them to deem Player of the Year, Goal of the Season, Goalkeeper of the Season, Defender of the Season, Midfielder of the Season and Forward of the Season as being trophies.

Who needs to worry about losing the UEFA Super Cup 4-2 to Atletico when they won 7 trophies last season?!
Yep, some of the things are cringe worthy. Just look at our own social media team, we take pride in Jlingz challenges and stupid shit like that. A fecking circus, Real just won 3 CL in a row, I think they at least do their job on the pitch as well.

Trizy

It's exhausting to win so many things.TL;DR
We have to stop or we will devalue the competition
Jesus. For a very successful club that tweet is very, very Liverpool-esque.

MrBest

The problem is that I don't think Courtois will be happy having "competition". That's a bomb waiting to explode
Yeah that's true but I guess if you go to Madrid you expect to be playing a role on the bench unless your name is Ronaldo. Saying that, I am looking forward to the explosion because I cannot stand Madrid winning the CL again! ( no offence, you guys are ruling Europe like anything ha ... definetly prefer you to win it over Barca though )

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He cost of 30m right? Or close to it. Great deal if you ask me. 2 amazing goalkeepers, both will give each other competition. Navas is 31, so courtois has plenty of time to be number one even if he don't dispatch Navas this season. That's GK sorted for them for up to 10 years.
Worth remembering that Courtois forced Chelsea to choose between him and Cech for the number 1 slot and that was 3 years ago. The idea that at 26 he's going to happily sit and wait for Navas to move aside is very, very unlikely.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Jesus. For a very successful club that tweet is very, very Liverpool-esque.
Well, it was a gala to honor them. If Pogba had been the best player, or Lukaku the best striker would not be reasonable a recognition tweet?. The club also likes and is interested in individual prizes

Trizy

Well, it was a gala to honor them. If Pogba had been the best player, or Lukaku the best striker would not be reasonable a recognition tweet?. The club also likes and is interested in individual prizes
Still very Liverpool-esque, though.

SoCross

How’s Benzema playing now? On track to finally come to his own?

Once upon a time, I thought he’d be the perfect forward for us sigh. He would have done well at United.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I will never understand Ramos' reputation.
I will never understand how many of you guys don't rate him.

He plays like a rock in defence week in week out but as soon as he makes one mistake in the cl everyone laughs like he has them every week while they don't even watch him half of the time.

I'll tell you this, Ramos might not be the best defender in the classic sense of the word but I wouldn't swap him for any other defender (or even player fwiw) in the world. He's a massive player for us, probably the best captain we've had in my lifetime.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
I will never understand how many of you guys don't rate him.

He plays like a rock in defence week in week out but as soon as he makes one mistake in the cl everyone laughs like he has them every week while they don't even watch him half of the time.

I'll tell you this, Ramos might not be the best defender in the classic sense of the word but I wouldn't swap him for any other defender (or even player fwiw) in the world. He's a massive player for us, probably the best captain we've had in my lifetime.
well said.

Karappa

A lot of players seem really liberated now that Ronaldo is gone. Finally everyone can see that Bale and Benzema are great players in their own right and Asensio gets the playing time to grow.

Eddy_JukeZ

A lot of players seem really liberated now that Ronaldo is gone. Finally everyone can see that Bale and Benzema are great players in their own right and Asensio gets the playing time to grow.
No, I just think they still have a really damn good team.

Ronaldo was the icing on the cake.

Karappa

No, I just think they still have a really damn good team.

Ronaldo was the icing on the cake.
Nah, everyone knew that they had to pass the ball to him or he would throw a hissy fit the entire week. Just look at Benzema, the positions where he scored so far this season, in previous seasons he would have looked where Ronaldo was to pass it to him. This isn't to diss Ronaldo but after so many years with the same system and playing style it's great for the players to finally change things up a bit...

Stiliyan

Supports
Real Madrid
We are playing very good football and dominate our opponents easily. In the past years we struggled a lot against smaller teama even at the Bernabeu.
Benzema is a beast! Can't believe it.

JohnJohn

Supports
Real Madrid
This is just the beginning, but so far, 3 games, Ronaldo 0 goals, Benzema 4 and Bale 3. Interesting.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
We are playing very good football and dominate our opponents easily. In the past years we struggled a lot against smaller teama even at the Bernabeu.
Benzema is a beast! Can't believe it.
Real faced a lot of problems during Zidane's tenure due to the lack of structure of play. That was his method to have a hard to beat team for the opposition but at the same time it was a big obstacle for his own team as well... Now there is a clear structure of play, Lopetegui is a follower of the ideas of positional play and it shows with the quality of the squad that Madrid have.. I expect them to get even a lot better later in the season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We keep the ball a lot, our positioning is better, we're more compact overall, but we also have more difficulty creating chances.

Still, 9 points, good start. We'll get better. Still worried about the lack of energy and pace in midfield and lack of penetration

tomaldinho1

How’s Benzema playing now? On track to finally come to his own?

Once upon a time, I thought he’d be the perfect forward for us sigh. He would have done well at United.
I'm also intrigued to see how he does, was really hoping we'd sign him when he left Lyon.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lopetegui has put his stamp on this Madrid team in a very short space of time.

Madrid always plays good football, never let anyone tell you otherwise, however the football Madrid is currently playing is a little less direct than under recent managers. Lopetegui has imposed a little more patience in the build up. Some would say that without Ronaldo Madrid needed to find a different way to play. However, with Bale as an option there was still the option of continuing to play direct, get the ball forward as fast as possible and use Bale's foot speed to exploit 1v1s. The slight change in emphasis does seem to be a choice by Lopetegui.

I was sceptical about how Madrid would replace the goal a game contribution of Cristiano. Lots to indicate it won't be an issue going forward. Knowing when to sell is as important as knowing when to buy. If Madrid wins a big trophy this season credit should go to Perez. Perhaps he is not as crazy as I thought!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: we're going to win every game and the OP is going into Madrid's hall of fame.
To be fair when you look at your team and where some players are in their developments the thread makes little sense. Lopetegui is/was the only question mark if he can make Real play like his Spain youth and senior teams played, then Madrid will be a pain to play against.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Benzema and Bale are playing better? Anyone who couldn't see it coming didn't watch enough Real Madrid games.

Madrid is definitely NOT better off without Ronaldo, he won them countless games and delivered some of the best individual performances ever against Europe's strongest teams in the UCL.
However Benzema and Bale are much better off without him, the selfishness and individualism he would display in the past few years was something I've never seen from any other player.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
We seem to do better against smaller sides which suits the league, but we'll probably struggle much more against the elite compared to the past few years, unless JL proves us wrong and not stick to possession at any costs.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
We seem to do better against smaller sides which suits the league, but we'll probably struggle much more against the elite compared to the past few years, unless JL proves us wrong and not stick to possession at any costs.
Well I’m fine with winning a few leagues after a huge CL binge :D

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Why do everyone automatically assume that Real Madrid will not win the CL this season just because Zidane and Ronaldo left? They've shown that they are managing very well, winning 4-1 twice in a row and getting maximum points out of their first three games. Even the bookmaker have underrated them massively. Football is a team sport and the core of their team is still there, Bale and Benzema have stepped up. They will cruise their CL group and it will be funny if they somehow end up winning the league and 4th CL in a row and come end of season, this thread will look very stupid.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Why do everyone automatically assume that Real Madrid will not win the CL this season just because Zidane and Ronaldo left? They've shown that they are managing very well, winning 4-1 twice in a row and getting maximum points out of their first three games. Even the bookmaker have underrated them massively. Football is a team sport and the core of their team is still there, Bale and Benzema have stepped up. They will cruise their CL group and it will be funny if they somehow end up winning the league and 4th CL in a row and come end of season, this thread will look very stupid.
Because 4 CLs in a row would be insane.

The Firestarter

As if it's not looking that way already ? :lol:

Timothy Burns

I still think they are screwed (or when) Bale gets injured.
Yesterday they had Isco, Vasquez and Mariano on the bench, all of which can do a job in attack for them, albeit not on Bale's level. Bale out long term is a worry for anyone, but I cant see them having problems breaking down half the teams in La Liga without him.

I'm not sure about their depth in other areas however. What happens if one of Ramos and Varane gets injured? Or Casemiro?

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Incredible that after all this years, Real Madrid are actually playing more Cruijff football than Barcelona. I never thought I would see the day. Johan Cruijff is truly alove and well. Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Napoli still use element of it...