Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I’m much more worried about the outcome of this than last Sat.

Pretty confident that Ronaldo will make the Scousers cry.

5red

Supports
Liverpool
I’m much more worried about the outcome of this than last Sat.

Pretty confident that Ronaldo will make the Scousers cry.
What, you get more pleasure from a rivals failure than you do from your own team's success?

Cal?

CR7 fan
What, you get more pleasure from a rivals failure than you do from your own team's success?
If it's the FA Cup v the CL, yes.

There was a thread in the United forum asking if people would prefer Chelsea and RM to win the 2 games or United and Liverpool.

The overwhelming majority chose Chelsea & RM.

Water Melon

If it's the FA Cup v the CL, yes.

There was a thread in the United forum asking if people would prefer Chelsea and RM to win the 2 games or United and Liverpool.

And rightly so. Why on Earth would any United fan want Pool to win CL? I am sure scousers would have been of similar opinion if they were in our place.

Cal?

CR7 fan
And rightly so. Why on Earth would any United fan want Pool to win CL? I am sure scousers would have been of similar opinion if they were in our place.
Exactly, anyone who wants Liverpool to win is not a United fan.

SirAF

Ageist

This. Hell shit yes.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Because United winning things is more important than rivals not winning things.

Water Melon

Because United winning things is more important than rivals not winning things.
Not in this context. Most assuredly every Utd fan wants the team win as much as possible while the archaic rivals fail. I'd happily sacrifice all our FA and League cups for all CLs won by Pool.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Isco and Bale have not had much game time time have they? I suppose Bale has scored three in the last four. Could be a reasonably unfit front three with Ronaldo. Not one designed for pressing our back four. I'll be happy to not see the unsung hard working Benzema.

To really press us you're going to have to employ Modric and Kroos a lot further up front than you want to. But that will leave gaps where Firmino, Salah and Mane like to wait. I know Madrid don't give a shit about Firmino, Mane and even Salah but that's exactly the arrogant state we would like you to remain until Saturday night. :D
Bale has scored 5 goals in tha last 3 games, he is fully fit and in a great moment. As for Isco, he has had a lot of time, he is one of the players that has played more minutes this season and he's also in an amazing form.

Isco has a much greater work ethic than Bale does. And like I said, he scored a couple in 3 games or something. Big whoop. I'd much rather have Isco than Bale, the latter just isn't good enough and lacks the skills needed. And much rather have Asensio coming in as well, he always comes up with great stuff. Especially at the big stage.
Both Isco and Bale will play, just like they did vs Villareal bro.

He's scored 5 in his last 5, the only game he didn't score in that run was the game he didn't start. I would disagree with Isco having a greater work ethic. I watch Real Madrid a lot and see that Bale makes a lot of runs in behind, even though that majority of these runs aren't rewarded with a pass, he continues to make them. This leaves space etc. for the Ronaldo and Benzema. Also, he does track back, something which Isco doesn't really do that much of.
5 in his last 3 bro.

Also both can track back, and probably both will play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fident-real-will-beat-mentally-weak-liverpool

I know real are favorites and rightfully confident, but this is amount of arrogance is taking it to a whole new level. I hope we smash them now!
I'm still waiting to see that arrogance from and Madrid player, manager or even the president. That article only quotes the spanish media, not the team.

They always have respect for the teams they play, that is why they always get so far in the tournament.

Benzema's (exceptional) hold-up play for bringing other into play is enough to justify him as a starter, which will be essential in CL-final.

Let's be honest here; last XI spot stands between Isco and Bale.
Both with play and Benzema will be benched.

Bale is in his best moment of the season, having scored 5 goals in the last 3 matches. And Madrid will never play the BBC.

So you can be sure Benzema will be out of the starting XI on saturday.

Redlyn

Cant believe I have to choose between Madrid getting third in a row or dippers winning the CL. I think it's the absolute worst case scenario. But anyone but liverpool really.

gibers

Hopefully a Liverpool win can revolutionise our club and force us to get a coach that plays a free flowing attacking tiki takar style :)

Like Feck. If they win it I might not watch football for a year...

SirMattBugsby

I'm curious about what system Zidane will employ. Will he:

1) Play narrow to dominate Liverpool in midfield or,
2) Be creative from wide positions to exploit their aerial weakness?

It's important for Madrid to not concede much in the first half. Even if they are one behind by sixty minutes, I back them to win. Normally I prefer Isco over Bale but I wonder if Bale on the left wing would be a good idea. Provides width and defensive cover for Marcelo against Salah.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Assuming Salah and Mane will be fasting on the day, which is fair enough as it is Ramadan. Can't help but wonder about the effects it'll have on their performance, though.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Imho the most disrespectful thing coming from any member of both clubs is Klopp saying Marcelo can't defend. Other than that I don't see arrogance or lack of respect anywhere.

By the way, Marcelo is one of the best players, not just full backs, in the world. Personally I wouldn't try to provoke him the way Klopp has.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Assuming Salah and Mane will be fasting on the day, which is fair enough as it is Ramadan. Can't help but wonder about the effects it'll have on their performance, though.
Yeah read about that earlier.

Surely salah/mane will have next to no energy come kick off? My limited understanding is it’s no water or food till about half a hr or so before kick off?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

It's important for Madrid to not concede much in the first half. Even if they are one behind by sixty minutes, I back them to win. Normally I prefer Isco over Bale but I wonder if Bale on the left wing would be a good idea. Provides width and defensive cover for Marcelo against Salah.
For what was said yesterday in the media day plus a couple of articles I´d bet for the first option, with Isco.

fmsfms

Supports
Liverpool
Imho the most disrespectful thing coming from any member of both clubs is Klopp saying Marcelo can't defend. Other than that I don't see arrogance or lack of respect anywhere.
He was saying what other people say, it was words to effect of "everyone says Marcelo can't defend and Salah will have space but it's not that simple"

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

By the way, Marcelo is one of the best players, not just full backs, in the world. Personally I wouldn't try to provoke him the way Klopp has.
Yeah, except that's not what happened.

SirMattBugsby

For what was said yesterday in the media day plus a couple of articles I´d bet for the first option, with Isco.
Yes, that would be my guess too. It does play into the hands of Liverpool a bit. Guardiola tried something similar by playing an extra midfielder (Gundogan) over Sterling and it didn't work. Real of course are more clinical in attack but is the possession game better than Man City? If not, then Liverpool will enjoy some decent early chances.

For all his faults, Mourinho deals best with Klopp. He really understands the psyche behind Klopp's playing style and counters that by adopting a deep, long ball game. I'm not saying it's the only way to stop Liverpool but it is a useful strategy, especially at the start of the match when they are looking to score as many goals as possible.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Genuinely looking forward to this match, despite it being a 50-50 chance the 'Pool wins it.

Should be a cracker.

DRM

Cant believe I have to choose between Madrid getting third in a row or dippers winning the CL. I think it's the absolute worst case scenario. But anyone but liverpool really.
I think city v liverpool would've been worse!

MUFC OK

Yeah read about that earlier.

Surely salah/mane will have next to no energy come kick off? My limited understanding is it’s no water or food till about half a hr or so before kick off?
Surely they wont be fasting, Im sure that there is something in the book that can be construed as them being allowed to break the fast and eat as normal before the game. Or they'll find a technicality and consume complete meal gels or something.

haram

Surely they wont be fasting, Im sure that there is something in the book that can be construed as them being allowed to break the fast and eat as normal before the game. Or they'll find a technicality and consume complete meal gels or something.
You cant consume any type of gel, but the fast will end before the match kicks off anyway.

MUFC OK

I have believed the Scousers have their name on the trophy since the first knockout round of the competition. They way Barca miraculously folded to allow them a bye v Roma absolutely confirmed it for me, I am resigned to '6 times'.

I expect Madrid play an open game and will leave themselves exposed for Pool to pick them off with forwards running in behind as all other teams have done in the CL.

5red

Supports
Liverpool
Not in this context. Most assuredly every Utd fan wants the team win as much as possible while the archaic rivals fail. I'd happily sacrifice all our FA and League cups for all CLs won by Pool.
To me this attitude, which I admit seems to be one shared by many, comes across as the loathing of Liverpool is greater than the love for Utd.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have believed the Scousers have their name on the trophy since the first knockout round of the competition. They way Barca miraculously folded to allow them a bye v Roma absolutely confirmed it for me, I am resigned to '6 times'.
Pfft, we would have destroyed this season's Barcelona. Roma effectively did. A poorer version of Man City.

No, what gave us a bye to the final was our most dangerous opponents deciding to go home early this season: Ashley Young FC. ;)

El Pasillo

Both with play and Benzema will be benched.

Bale is in his best moment of the season, having scored 5 goals in the last 3 matches. And Madrid will never play the BBC.

So you can be sure Benzema will be out of the starting XI on saturday.
Zidane used BBC-trio in El Clasico for weeks ago and he could field them again on Saturday.

Bale has been in a terrific form laterly, but neither he or Benzema are challenging for the same spot whatsoever.

And let's not forget RM tends to play with 10 men bcs Cristiano tends to be left isolated when Benz isn't on the field, which happened far too often.

Expecting to see Karim on the bench is nothing but a wishful thinking from your side.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What a shit seven days it would be if LOL FC win - first, us losing in the final, then, the Lightning absolutely shitting the bed last night in the seventh game of the conference final, then potentially Real losing Saturday.

klsv

So Klavan will be the first estonian who will make it into the squad for CL final, sadly. This is such a big thing here that our biggest cinema is screening the match and promoting it with a question "Can king Klavan stop prince Ronaldo from winning his third consecutive CL title?" :lol: Have a feeling that the king will sit on the bench for the entire match just to get a teary eyed hug from Klopp after they get smashed :drool:

Bwuk

Pfft, we would have destroyed this season's Barcelona. Roma effectively did. A poorer version of Man City.

No, what gave us a bye to the final was our most dangerous opponents deciding to go home early this season: Ashley Young FC. ;)
Fellaini vs Henderson, a battle of europes finest midfielders in the final.

What a game that would of been!

I have a bad feeling. Liverpool can be dangerous if you let them press and get in behind, and I worry that Zidane's lack of managerial experience will catch him out here. Plus the Real defenders could struggle in a game where they actually have to do some defending.

Hopefully that jinxes it.

Rajma

Hopefully Real ups their game the way they did in the second leg of PSG tie. It was an imperious performance from them on that day.

CognitiveNeuro

He actually never said it (that Marcelo can't defend)

Here's a link to the actual interview which isn't that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s not a choice really that deserves more than a millisecond of thought. I hope the scousers get hammered

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
  • Liverpool star Mohamed Salah will not eat in the hours before Saturday's Champions League final as he maintains his Ramadan fast.
If true,’is that likely to affect his energy levels at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.