Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I did not expect that strong club feeling. A World Cup victory happens once in a lifetime . The Champions is played every year and sooner or later you would win it too.
I’ve seen United win the CL twice in my entire lifetime. I don’t know if I’d ever get to witness another.

Not everyone support Real Madrid

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I’ve seen United win the CL twice in my entire lifetime. I don’t know if I’d ever get to witness another.

Not everyone support Real Madrid
It the question was Champions for United or success of the national team I would see more normal the division of opinions, people more or less nationalist, but in this case,in the question of Arbitrium(if I understood well) the victory is from an alien team, so it prioritizes the misfortune of the neighbor, the envy,to enjoy a victory with a team, the national with which there is certain affinity.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It the question was Champions for United or success of the national team I would see more normal the division of opinions, people more or less nationalist, but in this case,in the question of Arbitrium(if I understood well) the victory is from an alien team, so it prioritizes the misfortune of the neighbor, the envy,to enjoy a victory with a team, the national with which there is certain affinity.
I hope to see United move above Liverpool in the CL count, hence Liverpool winning one is a non-starter for me.

Perhaps being so far ahead of everyone gives Real fans a different perspective.

Deleted member 101472

I did not expect that strong club feeling. A World Cup victory happens once in a lifetime . The Champions is played every year and sooner or later you would win it too.
Growing up a Celtic fan, you naturally find yourself less attached to the Scotland national team. Luckily, I didn’t fall the way of most of my friends, who are all Scottish, have UK passports, have never been to Ireland but if Scotland were playing Ireland in a World Cup final, they would support Ireland. :wenger:

It wouldn’t be a case of hating Liverpool so much that I wouldn’t want them to ever win another CL, more just a case of not caring enough about Scotland that I’d be willing to take a WC win but also have Liverpool succeed.

That being said, if Scotland won the World Cup it would be the best place to be on the planet for at least a week. If Liverpool win this CL, they should put a dome on top of the entire city and leave them to it, the world doesn’t need to see some of the people who’ll start popping out into the streets to celebrate.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope to see United move above Liverpool in the CL count, hence Liverpool winning one is a non-starter for me.

Perhaps being so far ahead of everyone gives Real fans a different perspective.
It could be, I had not thought about that. Maybe if the numbers with Barcelona in Champions were more even, I would see things differently

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I just cannot accept the idea that any United fan would want Liverpool to win the CL. :wenger:
learn something new everyday.

I always thought you were a CR fan first and United fan distant second.

Kapardin

I can't believe it, but I am fecking nervous about this match than I have been for any of our own games. Please Real, will sell our souls or even de Gea to you if you can just coast to a comfy 3-0 win!!

If Liverpool win I'm giving up football till the next season.
Should be easy cause this season is all but over anyway. You only need to give up pre-season games.

Gbenger

Liverpool to put the cherry on top to a miserable season and win the CL.
If this happens, this place would become unbearable.

The Jose out brigade would even become stronger. The fans would turn on Mourinho. To be fair, nobody would blame them.

If Klopp wins the CL with that Liverpool squad, all the excuses they’ve been making for Jose would get blown away.

If we don’t look like winning the league at the start of next season, the negativity and boos at Old Trafford would become unprecedented. Jose would probably get the sack before mid season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I can't believe it, but I am fecking nervous about this match than I have been for any of our own games. Please Real, will sell our souls or even de Gea to you if you can just coast to a comfy 3-0 win!!

Should be easy cause this season is all but over anyway. You only need to give up pre-season games.
I'm more nervous with this game than the FA Cup final.

There's the World Cup in between the season end and next season.

BlueHaze

Real the last and only hope of saving the season, hoping CR will have the best game of his life.

Moriarty

It's a bit mad. I won't know how to react if we actually win it.
It's a one-off game and anything can happen. If the Real who almost succumbed to Juve at home turn up, Liverpool will win by a couple of goals. But Real have experience in spades and won't make that mistake again. League form will count for nothing so it should be an entertaining final.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It's a one-off game and anything can happen. If the Real who almost succumbed to Juve at home turn up, Liverpool will win by a couple of goals. But Real have experience in spades and won't make that mistake again. League form will count for nothing so it should be an entertaining final.
It's true anything can happen but history proves the big majority of times the favorites end up winning the European Cup final. I just hope it's not different this time around :D

Moriarty

It's true anything can happen but history proves the big majority of times the favorites end up winning the European Cup final. I just hope it's not different this time around :D
Real will have Ramos marshalling the defence. He was sorely missed against Juve at the Bernabeu where, without his leadership, Real's defence showed a lack of cohesion. He's a big game player and, in my opinion, one of the best defenders in the game for some years now. Real will be far more confident of victory with him in the team. Do you think Bale will start?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
No, don't care about Ingerlund at all.

The only footballing thing that I'd be happy to accept for a Liverpool CL win is a United CL win.
Would you accept a Liverpool CL win if it meant Portugal winning the WC with Ronaldo scoring the winning goal in the final?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real will have Ramos marshalling the defence. He was sorely missed against Juve at the Bernabeu where, without his leadership, Real's defence showed a lack of cohesion. He's a big game player and, in my opinion, one of the best defenders in the game for some years now. Real will be far more confident of victory with him in the team. Do you think Bale will start?

I think two out of Bale, Benzema and Isco will start and all of them will play. I don't really know which starting eleven adapts better to Liverpool though. Perhaps Bale forces the opponent not to play a very advanced defensive line and he's in form now, so he has many chances to play since the beginning.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Would you accept a Liverpool CL win if it meant Portugal winning the WC with Ronaldo scoring the winning goal in the final?
No, there's no footballing thing I'd trade for a Liverpool CL win except a United CL win.

Although the meltdown of the Messi brigade is kind of tempting in the scenario you described. :D

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Remember the Chelsea game. It was the perfect set up, Their legend and captain made a motivational speech, They played entertaining football, Their manager was on song and the most poetic on planet Earth, it seemed like They have finally returned.

And then... the captain slipped. It was so bizzare, the anomaliest thing of all anomalies actually happened.

After that Crystanbul happened.

Lads, it's Liverpool. Calm down.

PaulRich

Lets hope there's an upcoming sequel to the 'We Dared to Dream' novel from that awful season where it looked like they were finally going to do it.

T_Model101

You just know that Bale's going to come into this game on the back of great form and start from the beginning.....then proceed to be completely anonymous and be replaced at half time....

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I don't like to get into the whole Messi vs Ronaldo debate because I am a United fan and Ronaldo is our legend but I never really like him after he left us. Deep down inside, I felt that Messi is the better player and I always root quietly for him come Ballon D'Or. But if Ronaldo scores a goal against Liverpool to win this for Real Madrid, I will never doubt Ronaldo anymore and I will love you forever CR7! The GOAT debate will be settled once and for all. No more debate about this! 3 Champions League in a row is ridiculous. Come on Ronaldo!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Lets hope there's an upcoming sequel to the 'We Dared to Dream' novel from that awful season where it looked like they were finally going to do it.
That was awful, couldn't go anywhere for months without me United supporting mates putting caution wet floor signs everywhere.

Ban

Our national broadcaster is having some sleezy One night in Istanbul movie right now ffs. Just 5.4 on imdb.

Treble

Real will win. Liverpool will be overwhelmed by the occasion and will make naive mistakes. Real are much much much more experienced. And have Ronaldo who will be as hungry as ever.

Real will win. Liverpool will be overwhelmed by the occasion and will make naive mistakes. Real are much much much more experienced. And have Ronaldo who will be as hungry as ever.
Perhaps, but at least Liverpool will have a proper go, as they always do with Klopp. We just never do.

Sigma

I'm predicting the major decision (and mistake) being Isco starts instead of Bale and Liverpool win.

Wayne's World

I'm predicting the major decision (and mistake) being Isco starts instead of Bale and Liverpool win.
It's very likely right now that both Isco and Bale will play. Hard to leave Bale out when he's finding form just at the right time and is a match winner on his day

Status
Not open for further replies.