Real Madrid v Liverpool | Champions League Final (May 26th, 2018)

NLunited

How are Madrid doing this? With the same resources we have and with an inexperienced manager.
What are we doing wrong?
I'm relieved Liverpool lost, but I can't not think how far away we are . sigh.
They can attract better players because the weather is much better there.

Treble

Liverpool crumbled after Salah's injury. Had about 4 attacks for 65 minutes after that.

Judas

Open to offers
Has to feel so much worse losing a final like this than our two defeats to Barca, we were simply outplayed by the better team, Liverpool had just a nightmare of a night where it all went against them.

Wonderful stuff.

iHicksy

This is what happens when you let teams in that finished fourth in their domestic comps.

haram

The ref !!! WTF did the ref do , thought he had a good game.
and UEFA , why blame them.
Ramos got Mo !! He just fell awkward . Horrible Fans
Only one got it right the old guy.
Actually think the ref was great.

El Pasillo

Granted, Karius & Ulreich made some of the worst blunders in Champions League ever...

Having said that, I think Benzema deserves credit for showing hunger & anticipation to sniff out those opportunities.

I still remember Benz's pathetic display against Milan when he jogged back while Dida was fumbling the ball and Raúl took 100% advantage of it.

Stremable link

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Oh what a wonderful morning
Oh what a wonderful day!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Did you see/hear that?!!:

We'll win it next season 100% !!!
We'll win the PL next season for sure !!

Hahahaha

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
How did Karius manage to hold on to his medal ?!!

Could have been a pro

Ah. Woke up feeling great. The sun is shining, the birds are tweeting and the world just feels like a better place. Yes there are still wars and poverty, but the Scouse lost.

Whether you believe in the good Lord, karma, universal order or just luck, we must be thankful not just for the Scouse losing, but the comedy nature of their loss which just iced the cake nicely. :)

Nikhil

Is that actually allowed though?
Yes, it didn't happen from a free kick or goal kick. Karius intercepted an attempted through ball from Kroos. He then very stupidly did not notice Benzema at all. Or he might have and had an epic panic attack and tried to roll the ball to the full back on the right flank. He released the ball and Benzema guided it into the net.

Perfectly legal.

Traub

Regardless of the mistakes, Madrid just looked several levels above Liverpool. They never really got out of 2nd gear, and they looked mostly comfortable throughout.

By the way, does anyone know the extent of Carvajal’s injury?

Josep Dowling

The ref !!! WTF did the ref do , thought he had a good game.
and UEFA , why blame them.
Ramos got Mo !! He just fell awkward . Horrible Fans
Only one got it right the old guy.
I disagree with your Ramos comment. He knew exactly what he was doing. Can’t stand him as a player. He’s just a cheat. Think he had 3 times last night where he dramatically fell to the floor holding his face. The ref gave a foul for each one.

Rob67

I've been saying all week that if Liverpool didn't blow them away in the first 20 minutes, then Madrid would win comfortably.
Salah going off obviously affected the game but I thought Madrid were starting to take control before that.
Anyways, loved it that they lost, and what a great way to do it.
We shouldn't gloat too much though, next year is going to be their year (apparently).

Coxy

Was a shame Salah went off so early - it was a good contest up to then and I felt Liverpool were just edging it.

Writing was on the wall when he went off though. Madrid brought on Bale - Liverpool could just bring on Lallana...

Well done to Liverpool for getting to the final - but Madrid deservedly won in the end.

AgentP

The whole buildup to the final was Ronaldo VS Salah but Bale came in and just killed it. He is so good when fit!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Was a shame Salah went off so early - it was a good contest up to then and I felt Liverpool were just edging it.

Writing was on the wall when he went off though. Madrid brought on Bale - Liverpool could just bring on Lallana...

Well done to Liverpool for getting to the final - but Madrid deservedly won in the end.
Yes, could agree with that but yesterday we saw what was known to many: They are a one man team cause as soon as Salah got hurt the team disintegrated. They fell backwards and Real were on them from then on. Although Sane rolled his sleeves up.

Bocca9978

I said it earlier in the thread. Liverpool have no plan B.
Not saying the game changed with Salah coming off but that’s when they needed to sort things out. 50/50 for me before that, with Real starting to get going.

Great result. Wish we could face a keeper like that in a final.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, could agree with that but yesterday we saw what was known to many: They are a one man team cause as soon as Salah got hurt the team disintegrated. They fell backwards and Real were on them from then on. Although Sane rolled his sleeves up.
I disagree with this, and would say that if Firmino or Mane had gone off the same thing would've happened.

It simply comes down to not having enough quality on the bench.

Madrid were able to bring on Bale and the rest is history.