Real Madrid vs Manchester United

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good result.

Madrid were very good, De Gea was exceptional.

We had some chances ourselves and maybe could've got a second goal. I worry the RVP miss may come back to haunt us but I think we will score at OT and get the win there.

Jones and Welbeck deserve credit. Evans was good. The young players stood up well to the challenge.

Brilliant game.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Madrid are a counter attacking side and you denied them the space in behind. Can see then scoring at OT, its going to be close either way

LARulz

I hope I never see that referee again on the same pitch as United.

Nobody will mention how shit he was

Shrek

FergiesRedNose
Sir Alex is past it :lol:

yea of little faith

he got it right again.

score draw in Madrid is a fantastic result

Bring on OT

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Welcome to capital city advantages, they always play a dead ball situation

Van Persie, damn he's a beast - service this guy for god sakes

Rooney covered a lot of ground but I thought he was very subpar overall. Wellbeck was a standout performer along with Carrick & De Gea. Giggs was a bad sub, for me

That 2nd half was much better from United. Evra should've been given a fk and Varane booked but Mou's voodoo still working. RVP, Wellbeck & Giggs had chances to put the tie to bed but still advantage United

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In the end we actually could have won the game I was stunned that Van Persie didn't get a clean connection on his shot and that Giggs chose not to smash it first time when he met the ball on the run. It was not the best footballing performance ever but we had our moments and I was extremely impressed by Welbeck, we definitely lost something when he went off. De Gea was De Gea, makes a ton of amazing reflex saves but they'll be talking about "the high ball" this weekend. Glad we have him though best shot stopper in the game I think.

DFreshKing

seriously. all of you insulting the refs performance. Apart from the corner, give me 3-5 important decisions he screwed up in?
Give me a defitnition of important. How contraband never got a booking! Two soft touches to ramos gets yellows but his deliberate elbow gets nothing!

Varane should have been sent off for the foul on Evra. need more in one game to be shit?

SuecoGitano

Some conclusions (although not much new):
- Manchester United have a better defense
- Manchester United currently has a better keeper
- Madrid are better in passing the ball
- Madrid are a better side when they get to counter attack
- Manchester Uniteds young players did well
- The second tie will be superb!!! looking forward to it

MDFC Manager

Absolutely brilliant performance! And that was without us playing really in top form as well.

Keano1999

seriously. all of you insulting the refs performance. Apart from the corner, give me 3-5 important decisions he screwed up in?
No foul or yellow for Ramos despite his elbow. Yellow for RVP for comparable but much weaker hand to the face.
Evra fouled going through on goal. Real Madrid defender not called for foul when he could arguably have been sent off.
Ball over the side line in the lead up to the Ronaldo goal.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Two bookings for minor fouls on Ramos, but completely missed it when Ramos elbowed Evans in the back of the head.
Varane not sent off.
Arbaloa not booked for stopping a counter attack.
Blowing up before 3 minutes is gone (supposedly, I didn't really see the time myself - but odd no matter what).

It'd say they're all potentially important. Bookings are often overlooked, but they change the way a player plays. RvP couldn't go into tackles and such as he probably would've done because of his very early booking.

SuecoGitano

Give me a defitnition of important. How contraband never got a booking! Two soft touches to ramos gets yellows but his deliberate elbow gets nothing!
Important - seriously having a influence on the result

I would for sure agree that Varane should have got a booking for the tackle on Evra. Ramos? Yes he should have, but if you watch the replay Evans (was it Evans that was covering him at the corner) gave him an elbow first, so I guess both should have a got a yellow card.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
1-1

Great from De Gea, Jones wasn't the "disaster" predicted beforehand and Welbeck played well and scored. Shows what some of our resident gimps know :lol:

I'm happy with that.
Far from it. I thought he was brilliant, particularly in the second half. Yes, he fecked up a few moves when on the ball but he did a fantastic job defensively which was his role today.

DFreshKing

Important - seriously having a influence on the result

I would for sure agree that Varane should have got a booking for the tackle on Evra. Ramos? Yes he should have, but if you watch the replay Evans (was it Evans that was covering him at the corner) gave him an elbow first, so I guess both should have a got a yellow card.
Red card for Varane and red for elbow for ramos surely count as having an influence. You have already contridicted yourself so I suppose that's moot.