Realistic Summer 2017: Ins & Outs

yamo123x

Interested to see what you fans think of the the impending summer window- realistically who can we get and who will Jose ship out?

ovoxo

In terms of In:

RB: I think we'll need someone to understudy and take over from Valencia, and that could be someone like Semedo.

CB: I think we still need a strong CB to command the back line, I'm not sure who's really available at the moment that we could buy. Certain names like Lindelof have been mentioned, but he's signed a new contract. Perhaps Manolas? Although I'm not too certain on him.

CM: we'll sign one CM this season, and I was under the impression it'll be a box to box player, after last night, I feel it could be Fabinho. He'll play the DM role for us and the season after we could go for a CM with the ability to dictate play through their passing.

RW/SS: I'm still of the opinion that Griezmann will be signed this summer. He'll come in to play the same type of role Mata does in this team, or play just off Ibra (if he stays).

The rest depend on who stays. If De Gea leaves, we'll need a Goalkeeper, but I feel he'll stay in honesty.

Ibra is a question mark, if he leaves we'll need a striker. Whilst a player like Mbappe would be muppetastic, he's not the type of forward Jose uses, but at the same time, he has Rashford, and he sings his praises, so maybe Jose will deviate away from his norm. If we signed a player like Mbappe, I'm not too sure what that'll do for Rashford, as both are young centre forwards looking who would be looking to lead the line. However, I think we'll go for an experienced striker. Lukaku will be on the market this summer, but it's likely Chelsea will sign him. So then we have Icardi and Belotti left. The other strikers are all young, players like Dolberg, Mbappe, Andre Silva are all good strikers, but relatively young.

In terms of out:

Rooney
Carrick
Young
Schweinstiger
Darmian

I can't really see more leaving this summer than 5.

Jaxa

Guessing names is pointless, however positions wise, a RB,CB,CM,RW and probably striker will be signed, 5 signing's seems reasonable,

Leaving:

Rooney
Fellaini
Schweinsteiger
Darmian

those name's are the most obvious, I honestly think Carrick will be kept as he still has something to offer as backup and at the age where he accepts it will be bit-part, I think Mourinho has probably been surprised by Young recently and can see him as a useful player, I think we will have 1 more season with De Gea with or without Europe and Zlatan, well I could see him move to MLS unless we qualify for Europe then I think he will stay for the 2nd year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why do so many think we'll sign a RB but not a LB? RB is one of the only positions where we not only have a permanent fixture there but it's one who is actually playing well. Darmian and Blind are not good enough and Shaw has started 7 league games this season.

AN17

Why do so many think we'll sign a RB but not a LB? RB is one of the only positions where we not only have a permanent fixture there but it's one who is actually playing well. Darmian and Blind are not good enough and Shaw has started 7 league games this season.
Blind's been decent for most part, Darmian while he is just bland has done what's asked of him for the limited games he has got. Plus whether it's a goog thing or not, there's Rojo as well. I feel.Jose will wait one more season on Shaw before moving on to another one.
RB on the other hand has much less cover. Plus Valencia can't keep this forever.

Alabaster Codify7

OUTS (and possible realistic fees)
Matteo Darmian (Italy, £8million)
Phil Jones (a mid-table Premier League side, £10-15million)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (released)
Ashley Young (maybe. China for a reasonable fee)
Wayne Rooney (MLS or China, around £20-25million)

Possibly Zlatan to MLS, but you never know.

INS
RB (maybe Nelson Semedo)
CB (don't know but someone dependable and a first choice player to partner Bailly/Smalling/Rojo)
CM (to replace Carrick, but probably not like for like - more likely to be Kante type defensive shield)
WINGER
STRIKER

Dong Fangzhuo

Outs:

Rooney
Schweinsteiger
Young
Darmian
Smalling

Ins:
RB
CB
DM
RW/SS

I think any non Barca/Real/Bayern/PSG/PL top 5 players could be considered realistic targets. I just haven't watched enough football to have an informed opinion on who the targets should be. I like the look of Semedo on youtube. Danilo Pereira and Fabinho both seem to fit the profile of what I think we will be looking for in a CM. Griezmann or Bernardo Silva would do nicely for the attacking position, though I'd prefer the more proven quality and goalscoring ability of Griezmann.

CB I just have no idea who we should be targeting. Hopefully Mourinho has another Bailly type left field signing up his sleeve.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Rooney, Young, Fellaini, Carrick , Darmian, Schweini, Jones and Smalling . Will be pleased if half of them are gone in the summer - the bolded ones offer literally nothing to the team only handicapping us to an extent when they play

JON.B

Sloop
Rooney, Young, Darmian, Fellaini, Bastian, Carrick, possibly Zlatan gone.

Half the Monaco team with Griezmann, Lukaku and Semedo.

WhoDaGOAT

Why are some so sure Rooney is leaving.
He rarely plays and we are linked with several high profile strikers.

It's pretty obvious that Rooney is not in Mourinho's plans. He wants him to leave, but can't exactly say it publicly. He would have been delighted had Rooney left for China.

I bet that Mourinho was more concerned about the possibility of Young leaving.

settembrini

In:
Attacker.
Left Back.
Defensive Midfielder.

And to make room for them..

Rooney.
One or two of Shaw/Darmian/Blind.
One or both of Carrick/Schweinsteiger.

That would improve us a lot and is in line with the relatively quiet summer that Mourinho and Woodward have talked about.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
None of us really know who will be coming or going but this is what I'd like in terms of incoming transfers.

Eric Dier - I'm surprised more people don't talk about him. He's a boyhood Utd fan, he was brilliant last year playing as the holding midfielder for Spurs and he can also do a more than decent job at the back. He could even be a stand by at RB in case Valencia gets injured. Also I don't think he's unattainable like Kane or Dele Alli might be. He's well acquainted with the PL so no settling in period will be necessary. Him and Pogba would be a good partnership I think.

Douglas Costa - He's recently made noises about wanting to leave Bayern and if he does move we really should go for him. He is exactly what we need. A quick, talented winger who can play on the right. He can cross, shoot, dribble and doesn't shirk from his defensive duties as well.

Antoine Griezmann - The rumors about him seemed to have cooled down a bit lately but if we can get him to play as the SS, we immediately add a 15-20 goals per season player who does more than just score.

As for who should leave, well at present the senior players in our squad are Rooney, Zlatan, Carrick, Valencia, Young and Schweinsteiger. Barring Valencia a case could be made for all of them leaving this summer but that would be disastrous IMO.

We need leadership and experience these players provide and of the 6 atleast 3 should remain here. Valencia is a certainty to stay and I don't know about Schweinsteiger's situation but out of Rooney, Zlatan, Carrick and Young atleast 2 must stay. I suppose Young will probably go but I hope Carrick can be persuaded to stay another year.

If Zlatan leaves I don't think it would be the worst thing as it would allow our team to be not be so dependent on a single individual for goals, kind of like when RVN left in 2006. If he leaves I wouldn't buy any striker but rather play Rashford at the spearhead of a front 4 of him, Martial, Griezmann and Costa (provided the latter 2 come, if not Mkhi in the center with whichever winger we buy). This system provides fluid movement across the front line capable of quick interchange and all the players present a goal threat. We would be a more well rounded team than we are at present.

If Zlatan leaves I would keep Rooney for his experience in the dressing room. But if Zlatan stays then I would let Rooney go.

DanBorja

Fellaini is staying, it seems Mourinho fancies him for a bit role and tough opposition.

Outs:
Rooney
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Young/Blind?

Ins:
Difficult to mention names but Griezmann looks like a possibility. Fabinho would be great. Still, United would need a RB, CB and if Zlatan plans to leave, an experienced striker.

Philadelphian

Fellaini is staying, it seems Mourinho fancies him for a bit role and tough opposition.

Outs:
Rooney
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Young/Blind?

Ins:
Difficult to mention names but Griezmann looks like a possibility. Fabinho would be great. Still, United would need a RB, CB and if Zlatan plans to leave, an experienced striker.
Mourinho doesn't have any options besides Fellaini, and I think people are confusing that for his admiration of the player. If Mourinho gets him to sign a contract extension beyond next year, then I'll be convinced that he's in the plans, but until then he is absolutely an option to leave for a fee.

We need a CB who could wear the armband, at least 2 midfielders and at least 1 scorer (2 if Zlatan goes). And a winger if Rashford is never going to play on the right.

Cheekiey

Douglas Costa would be the dream, he'd fit perfectly into our squad and is old a school United type wingers.

Pretty certain he said Mourinho is the best in the world before he went to Bayern

Bwuk

We need more leadership in the side.

Fabinho please - but we need to sign a captain.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Why does everybody want to sell Darmian? Think he was solid this season and the best 2nd choice RB and LB we have (after Tony V and a hopefully back in form Luke Shaw).
I think we mainly Need a CDM and a replacement for Ibra.

Jaybomb

Outs:
Rooney
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Jones
Smalling
Young
Darmian
Shaw

Ins:
Griezmann
Bakayoko
Nelsinho
Lindelof
Lukaku

ghagua

In:

Van Djik
Ndidi
Tielemans
Mbappe

Out:

Carrick
Schweinsteiger
Rooney
Rojo

Hojoon

You'd expect some if not most of Rooney, Young, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Carrick and one of the CBs to leave. We might not bring in much in transfer fees but the wage bill should be will be a lot lower.

Philadelphian

In:
Fabinho
Tielemans/Strootman
Griezmann
Belotti
Van Dijk

Out:
Rooney
Fellaini
Smalling
Schweiny
Ibra
Martial/Mata

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
As good as gone. No extension signed beyond next season (unless I'm wrong). The accountants know to get a fee for the mop.
What makes you think that? Jose seems to have a soft spot for Fellaini, valuing some qualities that are not apparent to most of us. I'll be surprised if he leaves.

beingshe7don

Ins
Greizmann
Lukaku (outside chance)
Fabinho/ Bakayoko (prefer the former) as a Carrick replacement

Out
Rooney
Darmian
Young
Schweinsteger
Ibrahimovic (Could leave for Napoli or LA Galaxy)

I would really try and get two midfielders though. One would be Fabinho and the other being Paredes

We need an rvn

Interesting no one has DDG leaving as my gut says there's something more to the rumours than just that

Leaving
DDG
Rooney
Darmian
Schweinsteiger

Zlatan (CL pending)

In
Donnarumma
Griezmann
Fabinho
Bakayoko

tomaldinho1

Out:
DDG (I'm surprised to see how many people haven't mentioned DDG - I am certain he will leave this year. It has been a case of when not if and he's always been their No 1 target + he wants to go)
Shaw (unless his season does a 180, I can see him leaving. Can't be massively fun to be treated how he has and a lot of clubs will be sniffing around him if he's not starting LB)
Darmian (back to Italy with a top club)
Mata (curve ball but I think he will fall down the pecking order with some new arrivals and can see him returning to Valencia or maybe high flying Sevilla)

Rooney & Schweiny as well but they're obvious.

Ephrem

I'm pretty sure Ibra, johnes, fellaini, shaw and Smalling all will be here next season.

Out:
Darmian
Young
Carrick
Bastian
Januzaj
Rooney

IN :

Verratii / Fabinho: Carrick replacement
Pereira coming back: Understudy to both Pogba and Herrera ( he will replace Herrera in the long run)
Bernado Silva: Mata will be reduced to a part time player
Striker if Ibra leaves.

Maximum we will sign 3 players and Pereira will be back. Hope we get the right players