g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Realistic Summer 2017: Ins & Outs

Munich_1958

In:
Attacker.
Left Back.
Defensive Midfielder.

And to make room for them..

Rooney.
One or two of Shaw/Darmian/Blind.
One or both of Carrick/Schweinsteiger.

That would improve us a lot and is in line with the relatively quiet summer that Mourinho and Woodward have talked about.
That quite summer is just going to be more covert than quiet, slabbering like woodward did hurt us in the transfer market before due to inflated prices because of the money he blurted we would spend, which he probably did as a publicity stunt! But Mourinho works differently, fast and efficient deals will be done, don't want another Pogba saga

Mike09

I can see Young will stay if he wants to stay. Realistically Jose seems to like him, he's very useful, versatile, will be a backup of Valencia. I heard De Gea's choice of musics are terrible, so keep Young to do it!!

lostcauz

In
Lukaku
Griezmann
Douglas Costa
Some young midfielder

Out
Darmian
Young
Schweinstiger
Rooney
Januzaj
Johnstone
Wilson
Varela

Too much obsession with defensive players, 3rd best defensive record in the league with a major problem scoring goals. Attack needs to be the priority.

Philadelphian

In
Lukaku
Griezmann
Douglas Costa
Some young midfielder

Out
Darmian
Young
Schweinstiger
Rooney
Januzaj
Johnstone
Wilson
Varela

Too much obsession with defensive players, 3rd best defensive record in the league with a major problem scoring goals. Attack needs to be the priority.
Our defensive players not being good enough on the ball also stunts our attack. Other than Valencia bombing down the right with little end product, the rest of them just play long ball or pass to the side.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In:
Griezmann
Fabinho
Keita
Semedo

Out:
Rooney
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young
Darmian
Januzaj
Wilson
Johnstone

Out on loan:
Fosu-Mensah
Tuanzebe

Returning from loan:
Varela
Perreira
Borthwick-Jackson

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
None of us really know who will be coming or going but this is what I'd like in terms of incoming transfers.

Eric Dier - I'm surprised more people don't talk about him. He's a boyhood Utd fan, he was brilliant last year playing as the holding midfielder for Spurs and he can also do a more than decent job at the back. He could even be a stand by at RB in case Valencia gets injured. Also I don't think he's unattainable like Kane or Dele Alli might be. He's well acquainted with the PL so no settling in period will be necessary. Him and Pogba would be a good partnership I think.

Douglas Costa - He's recently made noises about wanting to leave Bayern and if he does move we really should go for him. He is exactly what we need. A quick, talented winger who can play on the right. He can cross, shoot, dribble and doesn't shirk from his defensive duties as well.

Antoine Griezmann - The rumors about him seemed to have cooled down a bit lately but if we can get him to play as the SS, we immediately add a 15-20 goals per season player who does more than just score.

As for who should leave, well at present the senior players in our squad are Rooney, Zlatan, Carrick, Valencia, Young and Schweinsteiger. Barring Valencia a case could be made for all of them leaving this summer but that would be disastrous IMO.

We need leadership and experience these players provide and of the 6 atleast 3 should remain here. Valencia is a certainty to stay and I don't know about Schweinsteiger's situation but out of Rooney, Zlatan, Carrick and Young atleast 2 must stay. I suppose Young will probably go but I hope Carrick can be persuaded to stay another year.

If Zlatan leaves I don't think it would be the worst thing as it would allow our team to be not be so dependent on a single individual for goals, kind of like when RVN left in 2006. If he leaves I wouldn't buy any striker but rather play Rashford at the spearhead of a front 4 of him, Martial, Griezmann and Costa (provided the latter 2 come, if not Mkhi in the center with whichever winger we buy). This system provides fluid movement across the front line capable of quick interchange and all the players present a goal threat. We would be a more well rounded team than we are at present.

If Zlatan leaves I would keep Rooney for his experience in the dressing room. But if Zlatan stays then I would let Rooney go.
We arent signing anyone from Spurs.

Those days are long gone.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Out:
Rooney
Darmian
Bastian
Young
Carrick

In:
Griezman
Costa
Semedo
Bakayoko

Loan:
A. Pereira
Tuanzebe

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Eric Dier - I'm surprised more people don't talk about him. He's a boyhood Utd fan, he was brilliant last year playing as the holding midfielder for Spurs and he can also do a more than decent job at the back. He could even be a stand by at RB in case Valencia gets injured. Also I don't think he's unattainable like Kane or Dele Alli might be. He's well acquainted with the PL so no settling in period will be necessary. Him and Pogba would be a good partnership I think.
Totally agree but he's not for this thread sadly.

itso 7

I think Mourinho's first choices would be
Griezmann
Fabinho
Semedo
and possibly Bernado Silva if the money is there.

Out: Darmian............................In: Tierney
Carrick...................................Fabinho
Schweinsteiger......................Keita
Rooney..................................Griezmann

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Why does everybody want to sell Darmian? Think he was solid this season and the best 2nd choice RB and LB we have (after Tony V and a hopefully back in form Luke Shaw).
I think we mainly Need a CDM and a replacement for Ibra.
This.

We dont need a new CB. And we dont need Douglas Costa either.

IrishRedDevil

We need to sign 2 players. Anything else will be to provide cover or building for the future.

Carrick replacement - Fabinho
Attacker to provide more goals - Griezmann

4-2-3-1 (easier home games)

....................De Gea
Valencia .. Bailly .. Smalling .. Shaw
..............Fabinho .. Pogba
Mkhitaryan .. Griezmann .. Martial
..................Ibrahimović

OR
4-3-3 (difficult games)

....................De Gea
Valencia .. Bailly .. Smalling .. Shaw
....................Fabinho
............Herrera ..... Pogba
.. Griezmann ............... Mkhitaryan
..................Ibrahimović

Valencia is fine at RB for one more season.
Ibrahimovic to extend for one more season.
Let's hope Shaw can lock down LB, as all the talent is there.

Pereira taken back from loan to provide midfield cover.

Jig1234

IN:
LB - Raphael Guerreiro - I don't think Luke Shaw is that good and I don't see Mourinho keeping him. I expect the player to seek a move.

CM - Fabinho

ATT - Bernando Silva

ST - Belotti/Griezmann

CB - Manolas/Van Dijk

- Bring Pereira back from loan as first team player.

Out:
Bastian (already left for MLS)

Smalling - can't defend for toffee. Ball literally goes through him. Only good at heading the ball. Useless with the ball at his feet or square vs any player.

Darmian - No Comment

Rooney - Career is over time to move on.

Carrick - should stay but his future is up in the air If I was to guess i think he will go.

Jacko21

The departures of Schneiderlin, Depay and Schweinsteiger along with likely outgoings of Rooney, Young and Darmian will represent an annual wage reduction of circa +£45 million to the club - quite astonishing really.

Mourinho could capture three or four major signings this summer and the club would still likely see a reduction in their wage bill, based on the previous year.

Thisistheone

Out of interest, the Douglas Costa mentions, are these from concrete rumours or?

AgentP

Since Jose has said that we'll only be adding a few new players, I can see us signing only 3 players.

Out:

Darmian
Rooney
Carrick

In:

DM (Fabinho)
LB (Mendy)
RW (Greizmann/Sanchez)

Team next year

DDG/Romero
Valencia/Young--------Bailly/Smalling -------Rojo/Jones ------New LB/Shaw
New DM/Blind?/TFM?
Herrera/Fellaini ------Pogba/Pereira
New RW/Mata ------- Zlatan/Rashford ------ Mkhi/Martial
The following year, we'll bring in a new RB and striker and also one CB depending on how our CBs perform.

Philadelphian

Since Jose has said that we'll only be adding a few new players, I can see us signing only 3 players.

Out:

Darmian
Rooney
Carrick

In:

DM (Fabinho)
LB (Mendy)
RW (Greizmann/Sanchez)

Team next year

DDG/Romero
Valencia/Young--------Bailly/Smalling -------Rojo/Jones ------New LB/Shaw
New DM/Blind?/TFM?
Herrera/Fellaini ------Pogba/Pereira
New RW/Mata ------- Zlatan/Rashford ------ Mkhi/Martial
The following year, we'll bring in a new RB and striker and also one CB depending on how our CBs perform.
This makes sense. But I also would not be surprised if Jose told Woodward to shut the hell up about what we plan to spend so that he can operate more covertly. Could easily see 3 signings become 5 signings if the right deals are found.

wolvored

Guessing names is pointless, however positions wise, a RB,CB,CM,RW and probably striker will be signed, 5 signing's seems reasonable,

Leaving:

Rooney
Fellaini
Schweinsteiger
Darmian

those name's are the most obvious, I honestly think Carrick will be kept as he still has something to offer as backup and at the age where he accepts it will be bit-part, I think Mourinho has probably been surprised by Young recently and can see him as a useful player, I think we will have 1 more season with De Gea with or without Europe and Zlatan, well I could see him move to MLS unless we qualify for Europe then I think he will stay for the 2nd year.
I agree up to the winger. We need a left winger as we're overstocked on the right

AgentP

This makes sense. But I also would not be surprised if Jose told Woodward to shut the hell up about what we plan to spend so that he can operate more covertly. Could easily see 3 signings become 5 signings if the right deals are found.
Yes it all depends on which players become available. We might even be forced to sign someone if some other club moves in for one of our future targets. But these three positions are in more urgent need for reinforcements.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Crazy the actual amount of young talent out there that can be targeted.

Where does the caf rate the following in order of desirability, obtainability and instant impact?

• Mbappe
  • Ousmane Dembele
  • Douglas Costa
  • Fabinho
  • Lukaku
  • Greizmann

Ole90+3

In:
Griezmann
Fabinho
Keita
Semedo

Out:
Rooney
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young
Darmian
Januzaj
Wilson
Johnstone

Out on loan:
Fosu-Mensah
Tuanzebe

Returning from loan:
Varela
Perreira
Borthwick-Jackson
This would be my ideal scenario as well. Would like a LW as well to both challenge and play alongside Martial.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We're not getting Griezmann this summer. There's also not going to be a mass exodus/influx of players either.

For me, outs would be:

Smalling (less said about him, the better)
Rooney (his time is up really, great servant though he has been)
Carrick (if we can get a better replacement, which I'm sure we will)
Schweinsteiger (going, going, gone)
Darmian (zero impact, not even as squad player. Definite upgrade required)
Shaw (great prospect but looks like player himself has had enough so he'll be pushing for a move)

Speculation is pointless at this stage but would like to see any of:

Sanchez
Mbappe
Marquinhos
Lukaku
Neymar (longshot)

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
In:
Griezmann
Fabinho
Keita
Semedo/Mendy
Out:

Rooney
Schweinsteiger
Carrick (stay)
Young (stay)
Darmian
Januzaj
Wilson
Johnstone

Out on loan:
Fosu-Mensah
Tuanzebe

Returning from loan:
Varela (sold)
Perreira (if we buy Keita then we probably sell Perreira)
Borthwick-Jackson (sold)
Lot's of sense and I agree with most of it. The bolded part is where I have other thoughts.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Lot's of sense and I agree with most of it. The bolded part is where I have other thoughts.
I don't know if we can get two players from Monaco, especially as they fleeced us for Martial and we are already going to be making a world record (or near it) offer for Griezmann.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I don't know if we can get two players from Monaco, especially as they fleeced us for Martial and we are already going to be making a world record (or near it) offer for Griezmann.
Your observation regarding buying from Monaco make sense but at the same time I can't see Mourinho ignore our left back problem. In my opinion we need more quality in our midfield, that's why Fabinho and Keita looks likely in order to have two quality players in veery position.

Valencia/Young
Bailly/Jones
Rojo/Smalling
Mendy/Shaw (or Blind) this is where it gets complicated.

Herrera/Keita
Fabinho/Carrick
Pogba/Fellaini

Greizmann/Mata/Lingard
Zlatan/Rashford
Mhkitaryan/Martial

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Your observation regarding buying from Monaco make sense but at the same time I can't see Mourinho ignore our left back problem. In my opinion we need more quality in our midfield, that's why Fabinho and Keita looks likely in order to have two quality players in veery position.

Valencia/Young
Bailly/Jones
Rojo/Smalling
Mendy/Shaw (or Blind) this is where it gets complicated.

Herrera/Keita
Fabinho/Carrick
Pogba/Fellaini

Greizmann/Mata/Lingard
Zlatan/Rashford
Mhkitaryan/Martial
I think Shaw and Blind will improve next year, much as Rojo and Jones have this year. Blind doesn't really need to improve as he's already a very good, versatile player.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I think Shaw and Blind will improve next year, much as Rojo and Jones have this year. Blind doesn't really need to improve as he's already a very good, versatile player.
Do you think Mourinho rates/wants him though?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you think Mourinho rates/wants him though?
Not entirely sure. But if he's still with us next year, I can safely assume he believes in him and that he can deliver the sort of performances he wants him to.