Realistic Summer 2017: Ins & Outs

dutchmaestro13

I honestly don't anticipate too many departures. Rooney is past it, Ibra hurt/out of contract, Jones can't stay fit for an extended period of time, Young simply doesn't play. Besides that I think a lot of players people would like to see go will stay. Mou loves Felllaini so doubt he leaves. Blind and Darmian provide versatility on the back line. Fullback position could use some work but Valencia has been very solid and Shaw is too young to be written off just yet. Mata brings experience, technical ability, and an eye for a goal- if overtaken by new signings at the very least will be a useful option in the squad. Also seems like Carrick will stay for 1 more season.

In terms of arrivals, hard to distinguish between genuine interest in targets and the traditional noise linking us to any/every player out there. If we win Europa and get CL then I think Griezmann is a go, who could play behind either Lukaku/Belotti if we go 4-2-3-1. (Rashford left, Mkhi right). If we go 4-3-3, Griez goes right, Rashford left, and Lukaku/Belotti up front. Whichever system we go with we'll need a defensive midfielder to either partner Pogba in a 2 man midfield or go behind Pog and Herrera in a 3, so potentially we cough up the cash for Dier (with Levy he won't come cheap). Then a CB to partner Bailly like Lindelof.

If Griezmann is a no go, then I see us go for Willian in addition to Lukaku/Belotti, Dier, Lindelof.

red4ever 79

People on here listing 9-10 players going out lol. At the most we will see maximum 5 come in. There will probably be about the same going out

Certain to leave are Januzaj, Rooney, Young and Ibra

Donut

OUT:
Ibra (I guess it depends how his recovery goes, he could still be useful if he heals well, but we definitely can't rely on him to do that)
Rooney
Jones
DDG (hopefully not)
Darmian
Januzaj
Fellaini

IN:
Keane
Griezmann
Bertrand
Bernardo Silva
Llorente (or some other temporary backup striker)
Fabinho
Schmeichel (or some other decent goalie to compete with Romero ; if DDG goes)

-------------DDG
Valencia-Bailly-Keane-Bertrand
------Fabinho---Pogba
Silva-----Griezmann----Martial
------------Rashford

Probably way too optimistic, but with Rooney and Ibra of our books, and if we get CL, we could probably do it. I think if we get Griezmann then Rashford could be our starting striker. His scoring inconsitency won't matter that much, because his amazing movement will allow for Griezmann to score loads.