Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Out:
  • Zlatan (out of contract)
  • Rooney (off to MLS or China)
  • Carrick (retirement)
  • De Gea (transfer to Real)
  • Januzaj (transfer to Lyon or something)
  • Darmian (transfer to Inter)
  • Jones (transfer to some lower PL team)
  • Shaw (transfer to spurs)
  • Mata (transfer to Atlético Madrid)
Projected income summer transfers: £165m
Income from winter transfers: £40m

In:
  • Griezmann (release clause)
  • Bale
  • B.Silva
  • Defoe (on a free)
  • Fabinho
  • Dendoncker
  • Semedo
  • Bernat
  • Manolas
  • Oblak
  • Pereira (back from loan)
Projected spend summer transfers: £380m

-------------------Oblak---------------------------
Semedo-----Bailly---Manolas------------Bernat
--------------Fabinho--Pogba--------------------
B.Silva---------Griezmann---------------Bale
-----------------Rashford----------------------

-----------------Romero-----------------------
Valencia-----Tuanzebe---Rojo----------Blind
----------Dendoncker--Herrera--------------
Mkhitaryan------Pereira----------Lingard
------------------Martial------------------

Reserve: J.Pereira, Smalling, TFM, Fellaini, Young, Defoe
:lol:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Out
Rooney (Everton/China)
Zlatan (MLS)
Januzaj (some PL team)
Darmian

In
Greizmann
Lukaku (Morata goes to Chelsea)
Fabinho
Matuidi/Dier

4-2-3-1
De Gea
Fabinho Mike Bailly Shaw
Dier/Matuidi Pogba
Mkhitaryan Greizmann Martial
Lukaku
Jose loves Ander but thats a good call. I could see Jose going for 2 CMs be it Dier/Matuidi or not. Also I wouldnt be too confident in Martial starting or even being here next season.

2E_MUFC

Like a modern fullback? The best performing teams in Europe doesn't use "wingers" to keep the width, they us their fullbacks(Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea). So i really don't see why people are saying that we lack proper wingers! What we lack are modern (not injured) fullbacks. And the proper use of them!

And that means no Darmian, or Blind. And Valencia is not a good crosser. And Shaw is as you know (always?) injured.
Agreed with pretty much everything. But I like Darmian... just not on the left. He is good backup to Valencia

ovoxo

With the James Rodriguez rumours that he's incoming, and Morata to Chelsea, I could see:
James/Griezmann (I still feel he is our main target)
Lukaku
Dier/Fabinho
Keane
Mendy

If De Gea goes, Donnarumma could come in with Romero being number 1, whilst Donnarumma is being bedded in.

Last edited:

2E_MUFC

Griezmann and Fabinho are 2 I see happening if we get Champions League. Mandy would be my choice for left back but I don't see us going for him.

If De Gea leaves my choice would be Oblak if not then Donnarumma. We need a centre back but I'm not sure who. And it all depends on what happens with Ibra. If we was to sign another striker Belotti would be my choice rather than Lukaku.

FOR5

I say go for it BIG TIME in the summer, 7 in and 7 out (Smalling, Jones, Rooney, Shaw, Young, Januzaj and possibly Carrick)
I hope if Madrid want De Gea we make them pay either £60m at least or a swap for 2-3 players and I don't mean cast offs, i'm talking Kroos, Varane and Isco or Bale.
We deffo need a leader in that team, either at centre mid or centre back.
At least 2 goalscorers - offer Rooney to Everton in exchange for Lukaku.

Just throw the money at them, go all Jordan Belfort and ting!

JoaquinJoaquin

I say go for it BIG TIME in the summer, 7 in and 7 out (Smalling, Jones, Rooney, Shaw, Young, Januzaj and possibly Carrick)
I hope if Madrid want De Gea we make them pay either £60m at least or a swap for 2-3 players and I don't mean cast offs, i'm talking Kroos, Varane and Isco or Bale.
We deffo need a leader in that team, either at centre mid or centre back.
At least 2 goalscorers - offer Rooney to Everton in exchange for Lukaku.

Just throw the money at them, go all Jordan Belfort and ting!
I know you are new here but come on, the thread is realistic transfers.

Real Madrid aren't going to swap Bale and someone else for De Gea. Technically we should play hard ball with them and say 'straight swap De Gea for Isco or Bale' but I don't think we will do that as I believe we promised De Gea last Summer we would give him his wish this Summer like we did Ronaldo. I'd probably take Varane and £20m or James and £20m or something along those lines. That is going to be more realistic.

Rooney is worth zilch now. Everton certainly aren't going to swap Lukaku for him. Even Rooney in his prime for Lukaku would be a swap Everton would need to think about. I don't want Lukaku here anyways. He doesn't do it against the top teams and in the CL we need someone that can perform on the biggest stage. I'd rather we signed someone like Belotti who would be much cheaper. That way it would give us more more to strengthen other positions like a Griezmann etc.

kundalini

Shame about this thread because as an idea it was interesting. For some reason the realistic bit has been ignored by many posters. Insane budgets. Spurs and Real Madrid handing over key players. Monaco selling their whole team. Atletico Madrid not only selling their star attacker but also their keeper in the same transfer window, while about to move to a new stadium.

A star attacker £85m (approx) and 2 players in the region of £35m is realistic providing we can make some sales. Two star players priced about £60m and one £35m player would also be realistic. In addition, if De Gea goes then we'll buy a keeper to compete with Romero.

Last edited:

Safa Boy

I can't see Januzaj staying. He just doesn't seem like a Mourinho player. The same can also be said for Blind. I know he's played a bit more lately, but that's mostly been due to injuries. He's a good player, but I can see him moving on. He probably wants to play more games and he won't get that under Mourinho. Then there's Rooney and Carrick. I think both will leave or stay depending on our transfer business. If we manage to bring in better players to replace them, they'll move on. If not, they'll probably stick around. :( Other than that, I don't expect any other major departures. A few players will be in the last chance saloon though. Shaw, Martial and Smalling comes to mind.

As for incoming players, I don't think we need a massive overhaul like some suggest. A centre-back, defensive midfielder and winger (who can actually cross and score the odd goal) would do nicely for me. I think we can actually get some of those from the PL, i.e. Keane and Shaqiri. Both are good enough for me and are used to the PL, so it makes sense. The defensive midfielder is the tricky one I think. There are many really good players out there, but to actually get them is the difficult part. Obviously having someone like Dier or Modric in there would be great, but it won't happen. Maybe someone like Idrissa Gueye instead of going after unrealistic targets?

Scholsey2004

Out: zlatan, rooney, smalling/jones, young, januzaj, de gea, martial maybe?
In: griezmann/lukaku, berrnardo, fabinho, keane.

gajender

I can't see Januzaj staying. He just doesn't seem like a Mourinho player. The same can also be said for Blind. I know he's played a bit more lately, but that's mostly been due to injuries. He's a good player, but I can see him moving on. He probably wants to play more games and he won't get that under Mourinho. Then there's Rooney and Carrick. I think both will leave or stay depending on our transfer business. If we manage to bring in better players to replace them, they'll move on. If not, they'll probably stick around. :( Other than that, I don't expect any other major departures. A few players will be in the last chance saloon though. Shaw, Martial and Smalling comes to mind.

As for incoming players, I don't think we need a massive overhaul like some suggest. A centre-back, defensive midfielder and winger (who can actually cross and score the odd goal) would do nicely for me. I think we can actually get some of those from the PL, i.e. Keane and Shaqiri. Both are good enough for me and are used to the PL, so it makes sense. The defensive midfielder is the tricky one I think. There are many really good players out there, but to actually get them is the difficult part. Obviously having someone like Dier or Modric in there would be great, but it won't happen. Maybe someone like Idrissa Gueye instead of going after unrealistic targets?
Yes a great idea saddle our squad with more mediocrity as if we are short in that department and wonder what went wrong when we are struggling to make top 4 next season as well and for defensive midfield only Dier fits the bill other two are box to box .

Macern

Pee pee pants

Shaqiri and Idrissa Gueye? Oh wow

Safa Boy

Yes a great idea saddle our squad with more mediocrity as if we are short in that department and wonder what went wrong when we are struggling to make top 4 next season as well and for defensive midfield only Dier fits the bill other two are box to box .
Mediocre!? Keane has been excellent for Burnley this season. He would be an upgrade on Smalling, Jones and even Rojo. Plus, he came through the academy and probably wouldn't be that expensive. Definitely a "realistic" signing, which is actually the point of this thread. The same can be said for Shaqiri. He's used to the PL, wouldn't cost that much and is better than many of the wide players we have at the moment. He's a goal threat, a good crosser and really good from corners and set-pieces. All things we could do with at the moment.

RedNed77

I won't be popular with some of these but;

Outs
De Gea
Blind
Shaw
Smalling
Carrick (retirement)
Mata
Mkhitaryan (I just don't see him cutting it, he's an Armenian Kagawa)
Rooney
Martial (Sadly, I don't think Jose likes him)
Januzaj
Zlatan (injury)

Ins
Rose (in exchange for Shaw) / Mendy (for cash)
Godin (if Simeone Leaves Atletico) / Keane (if Simeone doesn't)
Weigl / Dier
James
Silva
Aubamayang (his Madrid dreams are going to disappear with Mbappe joinging them) / Lukaku

The red panther

princess transfer emo

Outs
De Gea
Blind
Shaw
Smalling
Carrick (retirement)
Mata
Rooney
Januzaj
Zlatan (injury)

Ins
Weigl / Dier
James
Silva
Aubamayang (his Madrid dreams are going to disappear with Mbappe joinging them) / Lukaku
Ok first no way is Mourinho going to let that many player leave

You also have like 11 players leaving (on top of the 3 that laready left) and you only have 6 players incoming 14 out, 6 in, that is insane !

Not to mention you have DDG outgoing and aren't brining in any goalkeeper to replace him...

Also Aubameyang isn't joining us. Best attacker you can hope for is Griezmann

Macern

Pee pee pants
Mediocre!? Keane has been excellent for Burnley this season. He would be an upgrade on Smalling, Jones and even Rojo. Plus, he came through the academy and probably wouldn't be that expensive. Definitely a "realistic" signing, which is actually the point of this thread. The same can be said for Shaqiri. He's used to the PL, wouldn't cost that much and is better than many of the wide players we have at the moment. He's a goal threat, a good crosser and really good from corners and set-pieces. All things we could do with at the moment.
Keane could very well be a good signing. Shaqiri and Gueye on the other hand, won't happen. Looking at our transfer history should make it quite clear that we can attract and affort better players than them. I don't think they're an upgrade at all on what we have. Shaqiri isn't better than Mkhitaryan or Lingard. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 20 league games this season. I just don't see how he'd improve us. Also, Gueye is decent but he definitely isn't better than Herrera and Pogba, and we can attract better players like Fabinho or Naby Keita

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
In:
Keita
Hulk
Manolas
Lukaku
Gaya
De Vrij

Out:
Jones
Smalling
Zlatan
Shaw
Completely forgot about this guy, he's wasted a lot of seasons in nothing leagues. Brilliant player but I think he's just way too comfortable with Andre Villas-Boas to ever leave. Spent the majority of his career managed by him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Outs
De Gea
Blind
Shaw
Smalling
Carrick (retirement)
Mata
Rooney
Januzaj
Zlatan (injury)

Ins
Weigl / Dier
James
Silva
I am sorry but this is childish. We cannot keep buying players and then selling them the next season because they dont meet these ridiculously high targets. Can you not see the pattern? We buy a player, there is immense excitement, then after a few months the player doesnt meet the high expectations and then we start saying we have to replace that player and the next season the same happens.

We have to trust some of the players. We have a good manager and we have to trust him.

Safa Boy

Keane could very well be a good signing. Shaqiri and Gueye on the other hand, won't happen. Looking at our transfer history should make it quite clear that we can attract and affort better players than them. I don't think they're an upgrade at all on what we have. Shaqiri isn't better than Mkhitaryan or Lingard. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 20 league games this season. I just don't see how he'd improve us. Also, Gueye is decent but he definitely isn't better than Herrera and Pogba, and we can attract better players like Fabinho or Naby Keita
That's playing for Stoke though. He'd see much more of the ball playing for United, so you can argue that he'll create and score more goals as a result. I agree that he's not better than Mkhi, but surely he's better than Lingard. He works hard off the ball and is a useful player to have, but he's a squad player for me. As for Gueye, I don't think he's better than Pogba or Herrera. I would actually have him sit deep with Pogba and Herrera playing further forward.

Safa Boy

I am sorry but this is childish. We cannot keep buying players and then selling them the next season because they dont meet these ridiculously high targets. Can you not see the pattern? We buy a player, there is immense excitement, then after a few months the player doesnt meet the high expectations and then we start saying we have to replace that player and the next season the same happens.

We have to trust some of the players. We have a good manager and we have to trust him.
Yup. It's ridiculous.

Sb_16

Out:
Ibra
Rooney
Carrick
Young
Jones
Johnstone
Januzaj
Wilson
Varela
Mata (He may want to leave and his contract expires in 2018)

In:
Fabinho
Silva
ST
LB (depending on Shaw's situation)
CB (depending on Rojo's prognosis)

Fosu-Mens

Agreed with pretty much everything. But I like Darmian... just not on the left. He is good backup to Valencia
I like Mata, but he is a hobbit. Liability in defense. The same goes for Darmian in attack. Useless. He seldom makes mistakes defensively, but does not really add anything into the mix. He is the definition of average in performance. And in todays football fullbacks are a major attacking weapon. While Darmian would have been a great 1960ies fullback. Not a modern one.
Many overall better and cheaper fullbacks in the market. Only thing he's got going is that he can play on both sides. And Valencia should be the backup player if we are going to get somewhere with this team, not one of the main starters.

Silas

Out:

Jones (crock)
Mata (doesnt really fit the system Mourinho tries to implement, especially when he's on the wing)
Rooney (it's over)
Januzaj (not good enough)
Fellaini (useful at times, but ultimately not good enough)
Young (good option at both fullback positions, but he'd be third or fourth choice at both. If Shaw doesn't kick on, he'll probably stay)
Darmian (far better options on both flanks; Aurier, Valencia and Bailly should be enough on the right)
Zlatan (contract)

In:

Fabinho (Carrick replacement)
Costa (Competition for the wing spots)
Aurier (Valencia competition)
Mendy (Shaw competition. Doubtful if we sign Fabinho though)
Griezmann/James (or both if Griezmann plays as a striker)
Koulibaly/Manolas (Jones replacement and competition for CB spots)
Keita (Herrera competition)

We'll probably sign a 'Mourinho' striker too; a physical and aerial threat with good hold-up play.

Last edited:

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
I'd go for established premier league players.

In
Van Djik CB
Dier DMF
Lukaku CF

Out
Jones CB
Fellaini DMF
Rooney CF

AndyJ1985

I'd go for established premier league players.

In
Van Djik CB
Dier DMF
Lukaku CF

Out
Jones CB
Fellaini DMF
Rooney CF
We'd get so ripped off for all three of those players and we still wouldn't be much better off.

RedNed77

Ok first no way is Mourinho going to let that many player leave

You also have like 11 players leaving (on top of the 3 that laready left) and you only have 6 players incoming 14 out, 6 in, that is insane !

Not to mention you have DDG outgoing and aren't brining in any goalkeeper to replace him...

Also Aubameyang isn't joining us. Best attacker you can hope for is Griezmann
Jose likes small squads.

Romero and Pereira are good enough with how defensively Jose sets the team up.

Griezmann is a tart using us to get himself a big move, which probs my won't be to us. Whilst I agree Aubameyang may not view us as first choice. He's not getting his Madrid or Barca move anytime soon and he's going to want some serious cash at some point which he isn't going to get at Dortmund. So it's a possibility, but admittedly not likely. Depressingly well probably end up with Lukaku.

RedNed77

At what stage of Jose's regular tirades against the players above have you thought he trusts them? I agree we can't keep replacing the first 11 every year, but we keep replacing managers and the squad closeouts tend to follow when you do that.

jesperjaap

Possible outs uncontrolled: De Gea, Ibrahimovic, Carrick
Outs Id like to see: Jones, Smalling, Fellaini, Lingard, Young, Rooney, Mata

Dream Line Up:

DeGea

Valencia Bailly Marquinhos Shaw

Santiago Ascacibar

Veratti
Pogba

Mkytarian Bale

Rashford

Possible Realistic

Donarumma

Valencia Bailly Giminez Shaw

Weigl Pogba

Rodriguez

Mkhytarian Costa

Rashford

Cliche Guevara

Out of interest, what are these ridiculously high targets/expectations?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Current Squad:
De Gea - I assume he's off to Madrid
Romero
Pereira
Johnstone - loan out

Valencia
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Smalling - sell
Jones
Blind
Shaw
Rojo
Fosu-Mensah
Darmian - sell

Carrick - retire
Herrera
Pogba
Fellaini - sell
Mkhitaryan
Lingard
Martial
Mata
Rooney - ship to alaska
Young - sell

Rashford
Zlatan - release

Best XI with players gone without any incoming transfers
Defence is solid but probably lacks a keeper even though Romero has had a great season. Oblak? Lacks a CB as well, obviously. Maybe a left back, I don't know where Mourinho stands on Shaw at the moment. Can't be any harm in signing a new one if only to add competition. I have no idea which LB Mourinho should sign. For the CB position I'd love to see De Vrij.

Midfield is good, albeit a bit unbalanced. Does Pogba track back enough to play in a two man midfield? A CDM would be nice to have, maybe even someone like Luiz Gustavo just for difficult matches to add some extra strength to the defense. Fabinho or William Carvalho would be nice to have behind Herrera and Pogba on a more permanent level.

A new right winger is needed as well. We can't quite rely on Mkhitaryan there. Nor Mata who isn't a right winger and Lingard who doesn't score. An inside winger who can finish would be ideal, but who? Aspas? Can Griezmann play there? Let's say we put Griezmann in there.

Left wing is occupied by Martial and Rashford, or Mkhitaryan/Lingard if needed. Nothing to do there.

The #10 position has Mata, Mkhitaryan and Lingard. Are they good enough? Don't think James is the solution here. It also depends on whether we're going to play with a CDM or not. I'd love to see us splashing out for Eriksen or Alli but Levy is going to deny that.

We obviously need a new striker and I'd love to see Lukaku here.

New XI

Expensive as hell but we'd easily challenge for the title.