Records set under ETH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

We can still qualify with 6 points from this group. If we were to beat Galatasary
and they draw their last game as long as Copenhagen don't win in Munich that would leave the table.

Bayern 18
Utd 6
Galatasary 5
Copenhagen 5

Would that be a record? Has a club ever qualified with 6 before?

erikcred

We can still qualify with 6 points from this group. If we were to beat Galatasary
and they draw their last game as long as Copenhagen don't win in Munich that would leave the table.

Bayern 18
Utd 6
Galatasary 5
Copenhagen 5

Would that be a record? Has a club ever qualified with 6 before?
I'm sure it's happened before. This is not the first group that has had one good team and three Europa level teams. One of the three shit teams must go through.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's a flashy 5-a-side player. Nothing more.

He'll never make it here unless he or ETH try something different, eg play him on the left. Having said that, he doesn't look the type of player who can cross the ball, even if he did find himself with space to do so.

Fed up with his petulance too.
Now that's an interesting record

ti vu

It has happened twice before. Zenit 13/14 and Roma 15/16 both 6 points and qualified,
Percentage wise, it's very low for 6 and 7 points to progress to KO round. Since there haven't another teams getting through with 6 points since then, the percentage is now even lower than when it was computed using data up to 2016-2017 season.

Last edited:

ti vu

I posted above.
Yeah. I meant since the chart above is 7 years old, the probability for us to get out the group stage with 6 point, would be even lower than 5.3%.

We need to win both of our next two games to up our chance. Even 7 points doesn't look assured.

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Posting this with extreme smugness about how badly it will boil the piss of the thread starter and many other active contributors to the thread.
This is more like it. Sad how the first few pages are all negative. What happened to backing the manager… does everyone still want Eddie Howe or the spurs manager? Who can’t win games with only a few injuries. We’re winning with halve a squad.

Kellyiom

This is more like it. Sad how the first few pages are all negative. What happened to backing the manager… does everyone still want Eddie Howe or the spurs manager? Who can’t win games with only a few injuries. We’re winning with halve a squad.
Yes! I admit I'm far from convinced and this change of ownership always brings doubts but despite what's been going on, I definitely can't see that the team aren't 'playing for the manager' or that he's 'lost the changing room'. If we're going down, go down fighting! Our situation has been remarkable with injuries and suspensions and to still be where we are, it's showing all is not lost.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Breaking records that have stood since before he was born. What a manager.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who’d of thought missing most of your starting defence would cause such issues
The defence is still better than what most bottom half sides and Copenhagen and Galatasaray have. I dont see them conceding as much as we do, despite them facing our attackers (who are better than their attackers)

DavelinaJolie

Manchester United have (insert statistic). Flatulent.

Manchester United have (insert statistic). Ejaculatory.

Manchester United have (insert statistic). Pickled.

Manchester United have (insert statistic). Arctic.

Manchester United have (insert statistic). Testicular.

LiamB

First time losing 4 games Ina champions league group stage.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Only three teams in the top five leagues have lost more matches than Manchester United this season: Union Berlin, Almeria and Burnley.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Was it the least points by an English team in a CL group phase by any chance? 4 must be close to that.

LInkash

Can't wait for all the records we're going to smash on Sunday!

Pintu

Was it the least points by an English team in a CL group phase by any chance? 4 must be close to that.
Shitty got 3 points in their group in 2012/13, but they had Dortmund, Madrid and Ajax in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.