Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Apparently they couldn't remaster it because the coding was a massive mess, so they'd have to remake it from scratch. Sounds better to me, and having the map from it with nothing in there/only brushing the very edge of it in the story is highly suspicious. Unless it's just to fight there online, which could very well be the case.
The 360 version is backwards compatible and upscaled anyway, I bought a copy on eBay to play while I was waiting for RDR2. it looked beautiful. You can pick them up for about a tenner now.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Apparently they couldn't remaster it because the coding was a massive mess, so they'd have to remake it from scratch. Sounds better to me, and having the map from it with nothing in there/only brushing the very edge of it in the story is highly suspicious. Unless it's just to fight there online, which could very well be the case.

Contrary to what Weaste thought, cell and the ps3 was a fecking nightmare for the gaming industry even as a Sony exclusive title. Id be amazed to know how far back it sent game development.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ok, thats good. I hear different and was worried because i bought the game for someone for christmas.
You can't buy any higher ranked guns or horses with gold you have to rank up first. The microtransations are just for cosmetic things by the looks of it.

el3mel

The more I play into it, the more I think it's great game but definitely not a 10/10 like the reviews said. I think GOW deserved its reviews but RDR2 looks like a 9/10 for me or something. The story and vice acting are the best I have seen in games since the Last of us, but the gameplay mechanics feel like they needed more polishing tbh. I spend 70% of my time riding the horse from mission to another. Too much riding.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The more I play into it, the more I think it's great game but definitely not a 10/10 like the reviews said. I think GOD deserved its reviews but RDR2 looks like a 9/10 for me or something. The story and vice acting are the best I have seen in games since the Last of us, but the gameplay mechanics feel like they needed more polishing tbh. I spend 70% of my time riding the horse from mission to another. Too much riding.
That's now I feel. It's very good and a 9 is fair IMP. But I can't put it up there with GoW or the greatest games I've played from the past.

Still to finish it of course. So let's see if that changes.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The more I play into it, the more I think it's great game but definitely not a 10/10 like the reviews said. I think GOW deserved its reviews but RDR2 looks like a 9/10 for me or something. The story and vice acting are the best I have seen in games since the Last of us, but the gameplay mechanics feel like they needed more polishing tbh. I spend 70% of my time riding the horse from mission to another. Too much riding.
What would you change about the riding? The main joy in this game for time is just riding around the world.

el3mel

What would you change about the riding? The main joy in this game for time is just riding around the world.
Is riding really that fun in this game ? I feel like they're copying too much of GTA formula in it in which you drive your cars from mission to another, but this isn't GTA, riding has some flaws, which is getting exposed thanks to the long routes between each mission and next. Continuously tapping X to gallop and the horse stamina running out so you have to stop to give him something to eat, these make the long routes..not particularly fun. I'm always wishing to find any stranger on the route to stop and do something else of gameplay.

I remember at one point, when I had to steal Oil Wagon, I left my horse near the camp, stole it and drove it to the position, then once I'm done, I was surprised that I can't call my horse back with whistling because he's too far. I know it's realistic but I had to run on my feet for about 15 minutes to reach the camp again or find any horse to steal. That wasn't a fun experience I can ignore while evaluating the game.

I feel like they're favoring too much realism than being easy controlling. The horse should be called at any time, stamina should be higher than the initial base and holding X should be enough to gallop. These are all unrealistic but they make the riding less painful.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Is riding really that fun in this game ? I feel like they're copying too much of GTA formula in it in which you drive your cars from mission to another, but this isn't GTA, riding has some flaws, which is getting exposed thanks to the long routes between each mission and next. Continuously tapping X to gallop and the horse stamina running out so you have to stop to give him something to eat, these make the long routes..not particularly fun. I'm always wishing to find any stranger on the route to stop and do something else of gameplay.

I remember at one point, when I had to steal Oil Wagon, I left my horse near the camp, stole it and drove it to the position, then once I'm done, I was surprised that I can't call my horse back with whistling because he's too far. I know it's realistic but I had to run on my feet for about 15 minutes to reach the camp again or find any horse to steal. That wasn't a fun experience I can ignore while evaluating the game.

I feel like they're favoring too much realism than being easy controlling. The horse should be called at any time, stamina should be higher than the initial base and holding X should be enough to gallop. These are all unrealistic but they make the riding less painful.
If you tap x to match the horses gallop it won’t lose stamina. You can also use a stamina tonic while still running. I never felt the need to gallop everywhere I went either, what’s the rush? Some people like to play games just to complete objectives etc and I understand that but I prefer the immersion of riding and noticing things as I ride past etc, talking to passing riders.

I never experienced that lost horse thing and I can see how that would be really annoying, whenever I did missions that required me to get on another vehicle etc I’d always whistle so that my horse would be following anyway.

el3mel

If you tap x to match the horses gallop it won’t lose stamina. You can also use a stamina tonic while still running. I never felt the need to gallop everywhere I went either, what’s the rush? Some people like to play games just to complete objectives etc and I understand that but I prefer the immersion of riding and noticing things as I ride past etc, talking to passing riders.

I never experienced that lost horse thing and I can see how that would be really annoying, whenever I did missions that required me to get on another vehicle etc I’d always whistle so that my horse would be following anyway.
That's when I'm following someone else I do that matching thing, but when I'm riding alone I want to gallop. I try to stop at every stranger marker and every random event on the route to do, and these things are great and make the world very alive, but I just wished the riding was much smoother. I know about tonics but I usually preserve them till I'm asked to chase or race someone so that I don't run out of stamina midway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't complain about the riding. I enjoy it and I don't a bit of hyper realism. Not really felt I'm missing out anything by not being able to fast travel.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dutch reminds me of Jose. Claims to have a plan, yet throws his gang/players under the bus to reveal his true colours. Needs more time and more money. Keeps telling people to have faith/respect. Living off his past glories.

Pogba and Martial are Arthur and John. Matic is Micah.

el3mel

I have to say, Rocksteady has to be best ever gaming company in designing heists mission. They know how to make them unique and epic as hell.

Hephaestus

So, was hunting the legendary panther, did all the tracking stuff so it spawned in and was ready to react when it inevitably got to me before I found it when suddenly I got the notification for completing the master hunter 10 challenge and killing it. Stumbled upon it's corpse about 2 minutes later, no idea what the feck happened.

junglemusic

Anybody want to buy a the PS4 version of this game? I bought it when it came out and have spent a total of about half an hour playing it. It's just sitting in the drawer doing nothing so happy to pass it on if anyone is interested? I'll take £40

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Anybody want to buy a the PS4 version of this game? I bought it when it came out and have spent a total of about half an hour playing it. It's just sitting in the drawer doing nothing so happy to pass it on if anyone is interested? I'll take £40
40 is a bit steep for a used copy of a game, regardless of how new it is.

el3mel

I think Arthur will go down for me as top 10 best ever games protagonists. The voice acting for him is incredible.

Mindhunter

Bought the physical disc(s) this weekend and played around 2-3 hours now. I managed to complete the initial "up in the snowy mountains" sequence that opens up the map. Just managed to set up camp and ready to explore the world.

Till now, it feels a bit slow and drags but I guess that's intended. The visual imagery and the voice acting is top-notch. Best game I have played since Witcher 3 by a distance.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bought the physical disc(s) this weekend and played around 2-3 hours now. I managed to complete the initial "up in the snowy mountains" sequence that opens up the map. Just managed to set up camp and ready to explore the world.

Till now, it feels a bit slow and drags but I guess that's intended. The visual imagery and the voice acting is top-notch. Best game I have played since Witcher 3 by a distance.
You'll be even more amazed now. Those initial few hours once you're at (and out of) your camp are incredible. I think people kinda got used to it after a while and that's why they stopped rating it as highly here. It's a next level game world though.

Mindhunter

You'll be even more amazed now. Those initial few hours once you're at (and out of) your camp are incredible. I think people kinda got used to it after a while and that's why they stopped rating it as highly here. It's a next level game world though.
Cool, you have me excited. I seriously hope that the game world can amaze me like TW3.

el3mel

Had a dreadful experience today when I was ambushed, survived but my horse dead and had to run on my feet while holding the saddle to reach the camp and get the new horse, but throw this period I passed by the house of the couple who robbed me before I got back to kill them and restore the money, and the minor cabin with the dead which was a pretty nice easter egg, so I guess it wasn't all bad but they really, really needed it to make it easier to get a horse on the road.

So far all the flaws I saw in the game are in the horse riding but otnerwise, since chapter 3 I'm having a blast. Magnificent open world and great quests either main or side. The story is great and voice acting is incredible with some very memorable character and an incredible protagonist.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Killed the St Denis
vampire
last night. Bastard got me with one slash the first time. Couldn't draw my gun quick enough.

I've now turned into a proper good guy too which I think suits Arthur's character more than ruthless killer. Was happy when he
turfed Strauss out of camp
the gimp.

thepolice123

Played this for about a week now, I think in terms of game mechanics, there's nothing exactly groundbreaking or spectacular.

But the storytelling, the writing character development and voice acting are phenomenal. The way they blended this into the game has been flawless. This is Rockstar at their peak performance here, they really poured their soul into this game with the passion and dedication behind it. Arthur will go down as one of the greatest video game character. Can't decide between him or Joel from Last of Us.

Ainu

Dutch reminds me of Jose. Claims to have a plan, yet throws his gang/players under the bus to reveal his true colours. Needs more time and more money. Keeps telling people to have faith/respect. Living off his past glories.

Pogba and Martial are Arthur and John. Matic is Micah.
Not a bad comparison. I'm in the final chapter now and I'm really, really not enjoying the story anymore.

I just don't look forward to any story mission anymore. I know it's just going to be more Dutch/Micah idiocy with Micah baiting and Dutch bashing Arthur for not trusting him, even though on the evidence of the entire game, Dutch is the most worthless, delusional and egomaniacal leader I've ever seen. He's brought nothing but misery and death on the gang with Arthur constantly trying to pick up the pieces. I read an article how by that point of the game, it feels like doing a job for a boss you hate, and that's exactly how it's feeling right now. I just feels like clocking in and surviving another mission you don't want any part of.

I just hope it ends soon, I don't think I can take much more of this. So yeah, just like José.

el3mel

I miss playing with Arthur :( John doesn't even have half of his charisma and looks a boring personality for me. Arthur death scene was very strong and memorable

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not a bad comparison. I'm in the final chapter now and I'm really, really not enjoying the story anymore.

I just don't look forward to any story mission anymore. I know it's just going to be more Dutch/Micah idiocy with Micah baiting and Dutch bashing Arthur for not trusting him, even though on the evidence of the entire game, Dutch is the most worthless, delusional and egomaniacal leader I've ever seen. He's brought nothing but misery and death on the gang with Arthur constantly trying to pick up the pieces. I read an article how by that point of the game, it feels like doing a job for a boss you hate, and that's exactly how it's feeling right now. I just feels like clocking in and surviving another mission you don't want any part of.

I just hope it ends soon, I don't think I can take much more of this. So yeah, just like José.
I said to my mate, I think they should have shown you more highs to start with. Feel like you're on top of the world with the gang, and build trust with Dutch, because that's obviously how Arthur felt before it all comes crashing down.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I miss playing with Arthur :( John doesn't even have half of his charisma and looks a boring personality for me. Arthur death scene was very strong and memorable
Wait, didn't you only start playing recently?! You've flown through it

Nickosaur

My white arabian died :( fecking trains! Does another white arabian spawn or is it gone forever?

Hephaestus

Exactly where I am as well. I made sure to keep a save in chapter 3, tempted to just go back to that and piss around in the open world instead of doing another mission with characters who suck.

My white arabian died :( fecking trains! Does another white arabian spawn or is it gone forever?
Think it's gone I'm afraid :(

el3mel

Wait, didn't you only start playing recently?! You've flown through it
I play about 5-7 hours a day so I think I'm at 45-50 hours in now, has a 76.7% completion and in Epilogue 2 early missions now. Did all the strangers missions with Athur and got the lending hand trophy, did all bounty hunters available so far. Stopped at most people who needed help and finished Athur life with very high moral. I'll probably finish the story today.

el3mel

Finally finished it, at a completion of 81%, guess there's nothing more to do than hunting the legendary animals, I did one of them.

What happened to Dutch btw ? Did he kill Micah and left just like that ? I didn't play the first game, also why didn't he kill John too as it looked to me the most reasonable outcome for him is to kill both like when he left Micah and Arthur and didn't support any.