g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

el3mel

It's a very different game to GTA though. Everything is to add weight to actions and journeys. It'll improve anyway.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I will end loving it. Just hoped it will throw me immediately in its world but fine, one negative point isn't much of a problem.

onemanarmy

Yeah I'm pretty sure I will end loving it. Just hoped it will throw me immediately in its world but fine, one negative point isn't much of a problem.
It's such a complex game that (for me) it was nice to start out slowly. It's the entire opposite of GOW (which I loved too).

onemanarmy

Anyone seen the rumors about the first RDR being remastered as DLC for RDR?

I've never played the first, so that would be awesome.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So there's another long chapter of this tutorial part. :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm not dissapointed. Expected a fast start which throws me in the world immediately. First negative point of the game for me all honestly.
Many of chapter 2's missions are slightly tutorially but the game is opens up after the first Chapter so you're mostly free to do as you please.

amolbhatia50k

I definitely won't play it again, but I don't see it as a bad thing. Purposely took my time and soaked it in, like I believe it was meant to be. Got Mary Poppin's satchel, did all the side missions I had available before main missions etc. Don't feel like there's much more I can get from it..
I won't be playing it again. I'll sell it once I'm done. For me that's definitely a negative but that doesn't mean it isn't a very good game.

So far my impression is that it's a very good game but definitely nowhere near the scored would suggest. It's not an all time great for me which is what you'd think. For example based on my experience this far I'd suggest that Nier Automata was a better game with reviews that underrate it whereas this is a game that I find less brilliant with reviews that overrate it.

Still an excellent experience mind you. The amount of content, the visuals and the world/exploration are fantastic.

amolbhatia50k

I was aiming to grow Arthur's beard to full length (on 7) but I think I'm going to have to shave it all off given he's looking like a complete tosser.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Anyone seen the rumors about the first RDR being remastered as DLC for RDR?

I've never played the first, so that would be awesome.
Seen something about that before, that would be pretty damn cool to be honest, i have played the first but i would definitely play a remaster.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Right I keep permanently losing guns during mission cutscenes and it’s fecking pissing me off. Not on any of my horses or anywhere!

Dan

The chain gang blokes mission that glitched on me a few weeks ago just reappeared after I finished the game.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can someone who’s completed the story on a generally immoral/bad reputation score message me? I’ve got a few questions about certain bits of dialogue!

especially around when Dutch gets evil on the island chapter 5 (where I’m up to)

el3mel

Chapter 2 is actually much better. Enjoying it now, only problem is fast travel needs lots of money to unlock, which is a weird decision in game with such big world.

onemanarmy

Chapter 2 is actually much better. Enjoying it now, only problem is fast travel needs lots of money to unlock, which is a weird decision in game with such big world.
You'll get more than enough money when you progress to do fast travel all the time. I never did it before maybe chapter 4. You'll lose a lot of the experience and meet a lot less strangers.

Hal9000

I never fast travelled, plus also there is a certain mission, after which you stop really caring about budgeting.

jymufc20

Just ride in cinematic mode but keep your eye out for predators or ambushes.

amolbhatia50k

There isn't any fast travel is there? I thought stage coach was the only way? And they're not really everywhere.

el3mel

You'll get more than enough money when you progress to do fast travel all the time. I never did it before maybe chapter 4. You'll lose a lot of the experience and meet a lot less strangers.
Fast travel is important in such big games, as the long rides can sometimes be boring especially with the slow motion of the horses, but yeah I'm loving the random encounters on the road so far, makes the world very alive.

Just ride in cinematic mode but keep your eye out for predators or ambushes.
Tried it several times, great idea of them.

jymufc20

Fast travel is important in such big games, as the long rides can sometimes be boring especially with the slow motion of the horses, but yeah I'm loving the random encounters on the road so far, makes the world very alive.

Tried it several times, great idea of them.
It's brilliant, i use it when i need to nip for a drink or a slash, stick it in cinematic then soon as you return your at your destination.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
You have more than enough money later in the game to use trains and stage coaches anyway, and that combined with the camp upgrade is fine. the first few chapters it's much better to just ride everywhere because of all the random encounters you will otherwise miss.

onemanarmy

You have more than enough money later in the game to use trains and stage coaches anyway, and that combined with the camp upgrade is fine. the first few chapters it's much better to just ride everywhere because of all the random encounters you will otherwise miss.
Agreed. Get yourself a fast horse (the white Arabian for instance, it's free) and just ride around the place. If you don't, you won't experience the game as Rockstar intended I think.

amolbhatia50k

Agreed. Get yourself a fast horse (the white Arabian for instance, it's free) and just ride around the place. If you don't, you won't experience the game as Rockstar intended I think.
Where do you get the white Arabian? I think I got an Arabian from Sant Denis but it's black and seems like a wuss

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well New Austin is a letdown. Expected some fun exploring but there's feck all other than a bit to see in Armadillo.

I'd assume there'd be some dlc there but there's probably not even enough of interest for that to work.

RDR1 remake dlc is the only thing I can think of, specially with Mexico having a basic map to explore via a glitch.

No poncho to buy is a major letdown too. Should be a gigantic poncho selection.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Finally for the white Arabian. Nearly walked half the length of the snowy mountain side chasing after it every time it threw me to the ground.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I definitely won't play it again, but I don't see it as a bad thing. Purposely took my time and soaked it in, like I believe it was meant to be. Got Mary Poppin's satchel, did all the side missions I had available before main missions etc. Don't feel like there's much more I can get from it.

I don't think it's a game for everyone but it gets up to a more expected Rockstar pace. Soon as you're out of the snow it's plain sailing.
I won't either. Great game and all but sometimes they can be unplayable. I loved playing HZD a second time for instance

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Well New Austin is a letdown. Expected some fun exploring but there's feck all other than a bit to see in Armadillo.

I'd assume there'd be some dlc there but there's probably not even enough of interest for that to work.

RDR1 remake dlc is the only thing I can think of, specially with Mexico having a basic map to explore via a glitch.

No poncho to buy is a major letdown too. Should be a gigantic poncho selection.
I have a sneaky suspicion that they will release a remastered RDR as DLC

Nickosaur

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it but I can't say the slow start isn't a negative point so far. I don't remember having similar problem with GTAV. It took its time to introduce characters but at least the movement wasn't as awfully slow as RDR2.
Really? I remember the towing missions as Franklin being some of the dullest gaming i've ever played.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
So did this game go full pay 2 win?
No, you can get good weapons by about level 10 anyway if you get the money. The things you can use gold on are just other weapons with barely noticable stat differences, outfits and horses, all of which can be bought normally anyway.

Raw

Buell is probably the best horse that isn't a coward like the Arabian. Very high stamina and health when you've fully bonded with it, and almost as fast.

el3mel

Really? I remember the towing missions as Franklin being some of the dullest gaming i've ever played.
Don't remember having any kind of problems at the start of GTA V tbh. Yeah I remember its time to introduce characters but I never remember getting bored. RDR2 problem is the horse is awfully slow and, tbh, it looks like it prefers realism over easy handling. The unability to whistle for a horse when he's too far away, the need of continuous tapping of X to gallop and horse losing the stamina some time later, all these are realistic but it makes going on a road from mission to another a nightmare to me.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Turkomans are the best horses, don't shite themselves at any animal with sharp teeth and are relatively fast.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I have a sneaky suspicion that they will release a remastered RDR as DLC
Apparently they couldn't remaster it because the coding was a massive mess, so they'd have to remake it from scratch. Sounds better to me, and having the map from it with nothing in there/only brushing the very edge of it in the story is highly suspicious. Unless it's just to fight there online, which could very well be the case.

C3Pique

I find the online really dull. Without the living world, fast travel, or character dialogue, it just feels empty.