Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, they were doing it in acknowledgement of having gotten the economy wrong - so that impacted those who had played the game.
More fair I suppose, but am I right in thinking that's a lot of money? Specially if they've reduced prices.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I like how anyone that was waiting to finish the story has been punished with no free money or gold bars
The free gifts are in acknowledgement for playing the beta and sharing problems.

They even gave people who didn't play the beta up to that point enough time to play it and therefore be eligible for the gifts. All they had to do was boot it up, create a character and do a mission.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
How exactly? Some will start with 15 gold bars and some won’t.
Because the ones who played Beta were performing an important task, helping discover problems, issues and stress testing servers, as well as putting up with countless hours of money grinding to buy things they can now get for cheaper. It's a thank you.
People who didn't play the Beta up to a certain point had no hand whatsoever in the way anything went and get to jump into a game with less of a grind and cheaper thinks to buy.

acnumber9

Because the ones who played Beta were performing an important task, helping discover problems, issues and stress testing servers, as well as putting up with countless hours of money grinding to buy things they can now get for cheaper. It's a thank you.
People who didn't play the Beta up to a certain point had no hand whatsoever in the way anything went and get to jump into a game with less of a grind and cheaper thinks to buy.
Neither do those who logged in for one minute and logged out again. They would still get it though apparently.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Neither do those who logged in for one minute and logged out again. They would still get it though apparently.
If you were so disinterested in the online to not even login, then why are you worried about what others have?

acnumber9

If you were so disinterested in the online to not even login, then why are you worried about what others have?
I did log in and play it. You know it’s ok to admit you’re wrong about something don’t you? It makes no sense to give people who logged in for a few seconds an advantage over anyone else.

Schmiznurf

But they still logged into the beta and did character creation, they still played a part in stress testing no matter how little they played.

Schmiznurf

I did log in and play it. You know it’s ok to admit you’re wrong about something don’t you? It makes no sense to give people who logged in for a few seconds an advantage over anyone else.
They couldn't have just logged in for a few seconds though, they would have needed to go through character creation at a bare minimum and likely the missions before online free roam is available.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Got the game balancing rewards and slight refund of 28 bucks. Insured my new horse as it’s money now instead of gold bars.

Rank 11 currently, want that rank 18 repeater so I’ll be doing on call missions to try rank up this weekend for XP. Are missions still best way to make xp though? Not tried much of the series/other events

jymufc20

Got the game balancing rewards and slight refund of 28 bucks. Insured my new horse as it’s money now instead of gold bars.

Rank 11 currently, want that rank 18 repeater so I’ll be doing on call missions to try rank up this weekend for XP. Are missions still best way to make xp though? Not tried much of the series/other events
I have been doing the series deathmatches averaging about $9 a game and some are only 5 minutes, seems to be the quickest way to rank up and get cash.

Hunting as gone a bit shit with the price of farm animals dropping.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm growing Arthur's hair and beard to full length but no clothes seem to go with it. He's looking like a bit of a clown. I'm thinking short hair with a long beard might be better.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
feck sake. 300 dollars gone missing from my money pile online. Almost rank 18 and no I can’t afford the repeater I wanted. fecking Rockstar.

Nickosaur

Just started chapter 4 and subsequently have discovered Saint Denis for the first time. I'm glad I waited until now, i've been avoiding spoilers and videos and i really didn't know what to expect. It's huge and dirty and brilliant. Spent most of the cash I had left ($450) on a new horse as my main horse, that i've had since launch, got hit by a train :( rip Ness.

This game is fecking awesome and such a time sink. I was meant to turn it off hours ago but in that time i've stolen a carriage, gone on a bounty hunt, and finally got my hair and beard trimmed. Also the trapper made me a sweet vest out of the legendary moose pelt.

jymufc20

feck sake. 300 dollars gone missing from my money pile online. Almost rank 18 and no I can’t afford the repeater I wanted. fecking Rockstar.
Email support, they are surprisingly very good . I got an email back within half an hour on a saturday night.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Just started chapter 4 and subsequently have discovered Saint Denis for the first time. I'm glad I waited until now, i've been avoiding spoilers and videos and i really didn't know what to expect. It's huge and dirty and brilliant. Spent most of the cash I had left ($450) on a new horse as my main horse, that i've had since launch, got hit by a train :( rip Ness.

This game is fecking awesome and such a time sink. I was meant to turn it off hours ago but in that time i've stolen a carriage, gone on a bounty hunt, and finally got my hair and beard trimmed. Also the trapper made me a sweet vest out of the legendary moose pelt.
Is that the white(ish) one? I’ve been rocking that with a white hat, as a contrast to an attempt at a Man in Black outfit...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Chapter 6. Need help quick :lol:

Do I get the money or help John? No big spoilers please. I want the money to help John's family, but I'm concerned it'll make me out to be a dick for going getting it instead of going with John.

Edit: I didn't realise it was the big ending. He ded. Does it happen in the same way for everyone?

Last edited:

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I didn't realise it was the big ending. I chose to get the money for John's family. It didn't go well. I presume he dies for everyone but not in the same way. There better be some vengeance.
I chose to help John escape, yeh he dies either way I guess. Rip arthur.

Interval

Level
I didn't realise it was the big ending. I chose to get the money for John's family. It didn't go well. I presume he dies for everyone but not in the same way. There better be some vengeance.
If you go with John, it's a similar fate but in a much better manner. I guess in your case, you got stabbed by Micah? If you go with john and have high honor, you get to drift off to death while looking at sunrise. Its fabulous.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you go with John, it's a similar fate but in a much better manner. I guess in your case, you got stabbed by Micah? If you go with john and have high honor, you get to drift off to death while looking at sunrise. Its fabulous.
FFS. Getting stabbed to death by Micah is a fate worse than...well any other death. I'm a bit pissed off about it. It's not even that climactic when he does die. He just lies back. For all I knew he was just passing out.

I've sunk loads of hours into it and I get the shit ending by trying to be the badass so fecking Jack can go through college.

Interval

Level
FFS. Getting stabbed to death by Micah is a fate worse than...well any other death. I'm a bit pissed off about it. It's not even that climactic when he does die. He just lies back.
:lol: if it's any consolation, you get your ass kicked by Micah in any case. It felt good seeing the stag in the end over the wolf

That horse scene was just...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: if it's any consolation, you get your ass kicked by Micah in any case. It felt good seeing the stag in the end over the wolf

That horse scene was just...
Yeah, the stag was the one good thing after I'd had the wolf most of the way through. It would've been powerful if I hadn't been mostly thinking about how much I hate Micah.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
FFS. Getting stabbed to death by Micah is a fate worse than...well any other death. I'm a bit pissed off about it. It's not even that climactic when he does die. He just lies back. For all I knew he was just passing out.

I've sunk loads of hours into it and I get the shit ending by trying to be the badass so fecking Jack can go through college.
serves you right for being a greedy dick