g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe Drafting League Game Thread

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
2mufc0 vs Isotope

Isotope

There will be goals galore by this team. Hugo Sanchez, Kempes and G. Meazza (and to certain extent, Zizinho and M. Sammer also) are more than just goalscorers but most of them are also creators.

Dominating the midfield and with excellent defence (and goalkeeper), this team is confidently aim for 3 points.

2mufc0

Isotope is missing some key players which i think i can take advantage of. I will continue to play high tempo football with my pacey forwards, given his slow defenders it should be an effective route to goal. Don't really need to explain the personnel all in natural positions able to shine.

3' Exciting game from the off. Isotope is playing a high line and pressing the opposition defenders trying to take the ball out. Scirea is doing a good job starting attacks from the back.

8' Chance for 2mufc0. Carlos Alberto and Johnstone combine on the right. The latter beats his marker and crosses is low in the box. Netzer with late surge hits is hopefully to the corner but just misses.

12' Isotope wins possession and Sammer breaks through. Hierro moves the ball to the flank where Kempes nods it down to Simeone. Good turn from the Argentinian who passes it into space to Sammer. Sammer tries a curler just off the box and scores! 1-0 Isotope.

18' 2mufc0 piles on the pressure but Isotope's high line so far keeps them out. Couple of shots from Keizer and Netzer outside the box bring some saves from Maier.

27' First time Isotope's defence is caught napping. 2mufc0 win the ball back and try to launch a quick counter. The ball rebounds off Sammer who is higher up but fall straight to Netzer who splits the defence and finds Keizer storming through. Keizer beats his marker and chips Maier - 1-1.

35' It's a game where both teams exchange period of domination. Isotope's team with couple of chances this time around, Zizinho and Meazza combine with the latter trying a low shot in an acute angle. The ball hits the side nettings.

45' HT. Very fun game to watch. Chances galore and both sides would rather go for the win, rather to play safe.

54' 2mufc0 with an early advantage in the attacking third. Isotope's team see more of the ball in the beginning but it's Sheva and Netzer combining which frees space for Keizer who almost had a brace forcing a save from Maier.

61' Another good pass by Netzer on the corner sees Shevchenko break the offside trap. Hierro is tad slower to cover and he finds himself one on one with Maier. Goes for the left corner and nails it - 2-1 2mufc0.

70' Magical stuff from Zizinho. He turns his marker and plays a beautiful one two with Meazza. Vierchowod tries to stop him with a sliding tackle but clips his knee and it's a penalty! Sanchez puts it on the spot and sends the keeper to the wrong side. 2-2.

81' Another good chance for 2mufc0' Shevchenko is played on side but alone on the flank. He waits for support and passes it back to Junior. Leo looks up and puts it between Simeone's legs to find Shevchenko again. He laces it and Maier can only tip it over.

90' Both teams look for the win in the dying minutes but both keepers are on their toes. At the end the draw seems the fair outcome in this entertaining game!
The opposition only has one central midfielder and its a draw? Sorry thats just barmy :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also no mention of Park/Gerson duel which, I felt, was the tactical highlight of the game.
Indeed.

What I might have argued with regard to that, in a standard match thread setting, is that the move could have backfired in one particular sense: You've got Nobby there, as a pure holder (he won't be doing much beyond keeping an eye out for Cubillas and Albert, interchanging in and around the hole) - whereas I have Zagallo and Ball, who both drift inside to some extent. With Park shadowing Gérson, I could theoretically swarm the middle with bodies, overruning your one man (Robbo) who is free to move about in that area: Let's say Zagallo has to restrict his inside drifting (can't let Cabrini deal with Cafu + Hamrin on his own) - I still have two mobile, grafting, hounding midfielders (Ball + Tardelli) AND Cubillas (and/or Albert) operating in an area where they're up against Robbo on his own (and Totti, granted, but he isn't really a grand asset in a bloodbath). Could be an imbalance there, I think.

You take out Gérson at the expense of losing a potentially critical "battle" in the middle of the...er...park.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It could’ve... but then that’s Robbo, who battled carre magique pretty much on his own :)

Enigma_87

You know who
I really really need the distraction ATM but hate missing deadlines (just a bit anal like that).
I think the committee can arrange something if you miss the deadline mate and only if you have the time you can put it up at your convenience.

One more team down will most likely create more confusion and issues than eventual issue with deadlines.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think the committee can arrange something if you miss the deadline mate and only if you have the time you can put it up at your convenience.

One more team down will most likely create more confusion and issues than eventual issue with deadlines.
Leave it to @P-Nut then. I have times I'm ok, times I'll be unavailable.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The opposition only has one central midfielder and its a draw? Sorry thats just barmy :lol:
Yours only have one proven goalscorer in Sheva, and he was against Hierro and Ruggeri, with Maier at Gk. I'm surprised your team can still score goals.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yours only have one proven goalscorer in Sheva, and he was against Hierro and Ruggeri, with Maier at Gk. I'm surprised your team can still score goals.
:(

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hey, c'mon. Don't give me that face, man. Now I feel bad :lol:

I have two points from two games. Now you can go and feel better of yourself.
I have one point if that makes you feel better :lol:

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Michaelf

My team will play a 4-2-3-1 formation looking to use Bochini's passing ability backed up by Bozsik to create chances for my front 3. Additionally Joya and my wingbacks will be looking to bring the aerial ability of both Piola and Gullit into play.

Physio

Defensive Line Moderate, half-court press

Style Moderate/High risk possession team (possession with a purpose) stretching the play both laterally and vertically.

Baggio continues to be this sides Hargreaves having been injured for all the games this season. Ivan Cordoba comes into this match as a physical match for Gullit with his strength and immense pace. He will play a purely defensive role at LB as well as tucking in when Olsen moves into midfield. Olsen will provide some astute covering for Cordoba to defend against Gullit. Cocu has a hybrid box-to-box LCM role who will help out the defence without the ball but can also drift wide in possession to allow Barnes to move more centrally (he had a 1 in 2 record at his goalscoring peak) to create. Vogts will reprise his more attacking role that he had at Gladbach - this allows Finney great freedom to cut in a score goals (he also had a better than 1 in 2 record at his goalscoring peak).

All of my midfield are hardworking and intelligent so as to minimise the influence of Bochini. On the ball Suarez will be the brains of the team and main central playmaker. He will though get forward more than he typically did for Inter to take advantage of his scoring prowess of his Barca days. Finally with the creativity of my wingers and Suarez, Riva will get many chances in the air and on the floor so that the greatest Italian No.9 ever will score

3' Michaelf begins the match on the front foot putting on pressure. Joya cross in and Olsen barely gets to the ball in time to clear.

9' The pressure continues. Bochini works a marvelous pass past Forster allow Piola to get on the end of it. 1-0

18' Finney dances around Gordillo and works inside to feed a charging Cocu but Cocu fluffs the shot.

29' Ocwirk twists and feed Bochini who puts on a move getting fouled by Cambiasso. He chips a free kick to Gullit who gets around Cordoba but his shot goes wide.

39' Bochini slides a marvelous arced pass into Gullit sprinting passed Cordoba who simply powers through Olsen. 2-0

Half

49' John Barnes comes alive catching a bit of free space against Leandro and sending a diagonal cross into Finney who crosses to Riva for a goal. 2-1

60' Gullit beats Cordoba again and fires a shot against the post.

67' Luis Suarez puts on a show controlling the midfield with Cocu for a spell, Bozsik and Ocwirk unable to keep up and Luisito gives Finney a great chance for a first touch shot. 2-2

75' Barnes and Cocu get the ball to Riva but Riva's shot is block by Mazurkiewicz

88' Bochini slides another through ball for Joya but Vogts clears.

92' Finney gets the ball to Luisito who feed Riva who places a rockets a shot passed Ladislao

Michaelf 2-3 Physio

Goals: Piola, Gullit, Riva (2), Finney,
Assists: Bochini (2), Finney, Luisito

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sent mine.

Man.. Those game write-up is the best. Mine vs 2mufc0 was so good.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I assumed the match had been canceled.

I can get something done tomorrow, but not before - can't be arsed to do these things on the phone, it takes forever to type plus smt works terribly on Android - annoying, in fact: is there a formation builder which works well on phones/tablets (and which is somewhat decent in itself)?
Agree with this it's so tedious on the phone. I've yet to find one that works well on a mobile device.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Swarm

Schwarzenbeck is the the stopper and Picchi opens up play from the back. Roberto Carlos will do runs into offense and overlapping Sandro Mazzola who has now officially played all positions in offense - thank god he is entirely capable of that. Meanwhile Burgnich will take a more balanced approach both helping out in defense when Carlos is surging forward and assisting Robben as well. In midfield I have Pirlo as DLP being backed up by Mauro Silva. Liedholm will interpret his position offensively and add goal scoring threat to Kocsis in attack. Both Mazzola as well as Robben will be feeding crosses to Kocsis with the latter also adding his formidable finishing to the mix.

Indnyc

Formation: 4-4-2 Diamond

Back 4

Lizarazu and Kaltz continue as full backs. Des Walker comes in place of the injured Cannavaro and Bossis continues in central defense.

Diamond 4

Deschamps anchors the diamond with Giresse and Van Hanegem playing the side midfielders with Sir Bobby at the tip of the diamond. Both Giresse and Hanegem are given license to attack

Front 2

Hazard, and Forlan make up the front 2. Hazard with a free role with Forlan playing his Athletico Madrid/Villareal position

1' Indnyc's team get the match underway. From first look it seems like the team has been hit by some serious injuries in attack causing Hazard to play in a bit in more advanced role.

9' despite the problems in attack Indnyc team seems to be in control of possession and that midfield four seems pretty beautiful dominating the middle so far. Charlton is the best player on the park having couple of shots already in forcing a save from Planicka.

15' Swarm's team is dependent more on counters. Pirlo holds up the ball deep in his half and launches a quick counter to the wing finding Robben. Robben beats his marker and puts in drilling cross from the right. Kocsis connects with a diving header and Banks produces a save for the highlight reels. Only the one vs Pele could better it.

23' Another chance for Swarm. Roberto Carlos goes up overloading the flank. Kaltz fails to track back and Walker is caught napping. Liedholm bends it just on the edge of the box and the ball clips the crossbar.

33' Mauro Silva breaks play in the middle and the well ran drill is at it again. Pirlo takes possession and looks for Robben. He crosses early just in the path of Kocsis. This time the Hungarian makes no mistake 1-0.

40' Hanegem and Charlton come lively again. This time is the former who comes inside the box and shoots hard and low. Planicka manages to get a tip on it and turns it in a corner.

56' Despite playing catch up it's Sir Bobby who is once again running the show. Giresse and van Hanegem keep possession and Sir Bobby finds a pocket of space. Giresse passes it into his path. Charlton takes it on his stride and manages to keep two defenders of whilst launching a devastating shot in the top corner 1-1.

64' Swarm's team are slowly getting back into the game and this time they dominate the midfield for first time in the match. Liedholm and Mazzola combine with Sandro putting a low cross in the box.The ball travels to the far post and looks like it's a goal but Robben just couldn't get a foot onto it with his late run.

71' Double chance for Indnyc. Forlan makes a beautiful run in the box and turns it to Hazard who hits it straight into the keeper. He only manages to parry it away and the ball lands into Giresse who couldn't control his shot and it goes out into a goal kick.

79' Liedholm and Kocsis combine near the box. Kocsis holds up the play sees Robben on the right, but when everyone seems to think he'll pass it to him, he cleverly turns the ball with his heel and finds Mazolla unmarked. Sandro hits it first time in the bottom corner. 2-1.

88' Another clever movement for Forlan who seems to use his chance well. Diego turns one defender and crosses it into the box. It's Hazard again who hits it with a half volley but sees his shot agonizingly going wide.

2-1 to Swarm