Redcafe Snooker

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Murphy has had no form this season and out of nowhere has produced a few incredible performances at the Crucible. He is a really fun player to watch

RedMist99

When on song, Murphy is one of the best players to watch. Arguably best cue action in the game. I was rooting for him out of all semi finalists

Zen

Selby's gonna blow if he loses this, after last year too, not sure he'll be able to contain himself :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a sensational player Selby is . That escape he got on the yellow was absolutely incredible

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Mentally stronger sportsmen then Mark Selby? I can’t name any. Maybe Phil Taylor?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
What a sensational player Selby is . That escape he got on the yellow was absolutely incredible
His escapes are always insane. Took me a while before I understood they weren’t lucky. Often half ball out of a snooker. Brilliant.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Selby is one player I hope goes to commentary. His insight would be unparalleled.

0le

Selby has all the charisma of a dog rubbing its arse on the floor.

Alemar

The only good thing about the final is that there will be no Kyren Wilson there.

That said, it is unfortunate that Bingham didn’t win. But Selby was better...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Team Selby for the final. I hope he grinds Murphy down to a puddle of dripping.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Bingham's interview!!
He sounded pretty bitter and it was a fair point from Selby that their average shot times were the same. The playing on needing five snooker would piss you off but Bingham couldn't maintain it for the last session.

Murphy seemed fine in the interview, why's he getting so much hate?

Zen

Pretty odd to see all this bitterness, Selby dished it out last year and is getting more or less the same in return this from Bingham.... has Snooker always been this kind of childish or am I just blinded from it in the past?

Outside of Ronnie being a bit petulant here and there and players using that against him(I know I would, most were right to grind him down if he shows such an easy weakness to Ebdon and Selby etc), I don't recall there being this much sour grapes when on the losing end.

Alex Higgins was way before my time if he's brought up, though I get he was a bit of sulker to Davis coming through I think.

predator

Youth NITK
Surprised to see Bingham become a bitter bastard. I expected better of him and accept that he can't beat that version of Selby.

What Selby does is unique for me. The likes of Bingham and many other players are very good but they could only dream of having Selby's mental fortitude. It's not all about potting balls.

sallycinnamin

So he was just being a bad loser, letting his usual cheerful used car salesman persona slip?
He was giving it loads the night before. Played right into Selby's hands as he stayed solemn poker face. That massive fluke and his sarcastic reaction winded Bingham up no end. Then to lose that frame on snookers basically got up his back no end.
Charisma doesn't always win you snooker matches or personna. Ask Jimmy White. I rooted for most who came up against Davis as a youngster I couldn't stand him and his brilliance passed me by. Now and probably years ago I realized how brilliant he was. Hendry too a face like a smacked arse but he didn't care. His will to win was unparalleled.

Cliff Thorburn grinded you down. Eddie Charlton took forever and a day. Have they earned respect of course they have. At the end of the day it's doing whatever it takes to win.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Errrm Rob Walker with the leading questions. Dont think Bingham would have said anything if it wasn't asked.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He was giving it loads the night before. Played right into Selby's hands as he stayed solemn poker face. That massive fluke and his sarcastic reaction winded Bingham up no end. Then to lose that frame on snookers basically got up his back no end.
Charisma doesn't always win you snooker matches or personna. Ask Jimmy White. I rooted for most who came up against Davis as a youngster I couldn't stand him and his brilliance passed me by. Now and probably years ago I realized how brilliant he was. Hendry too a face like a smacked arse but he didn't care. His will to win was unparalleled.

Cliff Thorburn grinded you down. Eddie Charlton took forever and a day. Have they earned respect of course they have. At the end of the day it's doing whatever it takes to win.
I can imagine that fluke and reaction would've annoyed most and tbf he said Selby deserved the win.

I was the same with Davis- I think most saw him as a boring robot and only really appreciated him and the fact he's a decent bloke after his powers started waning.
Hendry went from the fast-potting upstart to boring automaton as well though.
Higgins not exactly a charisma factory either.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
When in flow Murphy is one of the best to watch , some of the shots he makes are just ridiculous

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Look how he's walking around the table this week, he's owning it. He's in a flow state. Pockets the size of buckets at the moment.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Want Murphy to win.

This is a good start to the final though.

T_Model101

"What you got for us Judd?"

Uurgh these sections with Judd and Jack are just pure cringe

Good final, very evenly matched

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Murphy getting the full Selby treatment now, he’s gonna be fecking suicidal by the end of it