Redcafe Snooker

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well spoken lad young Kieran

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
“The hair dye”

Oh Kyren that was horrible

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Pexbo v Wilson in 5 years?

After today’s performance I don’t think I’d be able to take a frame from the absolute bottom of the local amateur leagues :lol: it was genuinely like I’d just picked up a cue for the first time

Jazz

No cue action tonight in his speech!:D

Jazz

Spoke too soon! Cue action!:lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Nice to hear it directly from him acknowledging his concentration and motivation

Jazz

The people who hate him for his interviews make me laugh. He has fun at times, he is a dick at times, but this one is a proper champion speech!

2x as of this post :lol:
Yesterday there was no cue action bit found it today! Happy for him and his cue action! :lol:

Skills

Snitch
Crazy to think he was the oldest player to have won it in 2012, 2013 and now in 2020

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Both good interviews, knew it was going to be too much pressure for Wilson before the final even began, he seems to crack under pressure the times I've watched him the past couple years. His first final here was always going one way against someone like Ronnie.

0le

Reardon is the oldest winner aged 45 years, 203 days. Ronnie is aged 44 years.

Brophs

The One and Only
As good a player as he is, there’s a reason O’Sullivan hasn’t won this in 7 years. It’s too big an ask for him to stay at the right pitch for 2 weeks.
There's some absolute, know-nothing dickheads on the Caf, eh?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Steve is a wet blanket, but he loves the game. Saying he wants to see Ronnie winning into his 50's is such a class thing to say from a fellow legend of the game.
Hendry is in awe of Ronnie’s talent. I remember him getting upset when Ronnie was saying he doesn’t really care about winning and doesn’t have the appetite for a battle. He was outraged at that sort of talk from Ronnie and you could tell that as a fan he wants to see the best of this mercurial talent.

Wilt

Well deserved 6th World title, 19 years after winning his first!

Ronnie had to do it the hard way, having to beat Ding, Williams and Selby, all of which would have been a worthy final.

ChrisNelson

Another great win for Ronnie having had to beat Ding, Williams and Selby just to reach the final.

Slightly caveated by the fact that Wilson was well below par and to be honest never really in the match.

There were 2 balls of real importance, one in the final frame of the first day, a red that was the difference between 9-8 and 10-7 overnight which he missed.

There was a similar shot in I think the third frame yesterday after they'd shared the first 2. Potting it would have given him a great chance to get it back to 11-9 but again it wasn't there.

I just think the whole occasion overwhelmed him, and he clearly had little left in the emotional tank after Friday afternoon. Had his match finished in the evening I doubt he would even have got 8 frames in the final.

The arguments against Ronnie being the GOAT diminish further but I think he needs to equal Hendry's 7 Crucible titles to put it beyond doubt - his ranking title record speaks for itself.

As for Wilson, he spoke really well after the match and should be very proud to have done so well, especially after not playing his first round match and missing out on valuable best of 19 matchplay before he took on Gould and Trump.

He will be a regular at the one table setup I think, I tipped him a few years ago as a future World Champion and I hope he builds on this and is stronger next time he makes it this far.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Can a maverick really be GOAT ? He's too temperamental. If taking players at their peak Hendry beats Ronnie and so does Higgins in my opinion. But no doubt once the stars align, Ronnie captures the magic of the game like no other player in history.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Can a maverick really be GOAT ? He's too temperamental. If taking players at their peak Hendry beats Ronnie and so does Higgins in my opinion. But no doubt once the stars align, Ronnie captures the magic of the game like no other player in history.
Hmm, I respect it. But why does being a "maverick" have anything to do with it? He's won most titles of anyone, has been at the top of the game for longer than anyone else has managed and those players themselves disagree with you.

Ronnie at his very best beats anyone at theirs over 35 frames all being equal. When he's on form, no one matches his shear shot variation and ball control at the highest end. IMO of course ;)