Redcafe Snooker

RORY65

I've only tuned in now so this debate is probably over and done with but why on earth are there fans?!

I can't think of a sport where fans are less necessary, seems like an awful decision.
It is a bit strange alright but at the same time cinemas are open, pubs and restaurants are open (even if I haven't gone to any such places yet) so I don't think it is really wrong if the appropriate social distancing is in place. Other sports, including football, that are outdoors are going to have to find ways to start bringing some fans back with the suitable precautions because this virus is going to be a part of our lives for a good while yet.

It feels like the standard has increased somewhat but Wilson has blown his chance now as Ronnie left the door slightly ajar in both of the frames he's won this afternnon.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've only tuned in now so this debate is probably over and done with but why on earth are there fans?!

I can't think of a sport where fans are less necessary, seems like an awful decision.
I don't really agree with them being there at the moment but they have made a big difference in the coverage. They just know when to clap or gasp they are afficianados most of them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

'I mean restaurants and such are opened and they haven't allowed full capacity so more space for distancing.....

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is a bit surreal when I think of that 30th frame on Friday evening where Ronnie seemed to have just thrown in the towel

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm hoping Ronnie keeps it up. Last night's session he was awful,

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's a shame really, he came out and did very well in the very first frame today, then one mistake in the next and his head went down, now he just wants out of there.

But there is a huge class gulf between the very top and the next level of player.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How do snooker tickets work? Do you pay per day or per session?

My question is basically.. are there people who’ve been buzzing about having last session tickets for the final and they’re going to get potentially 1 frame??

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

My question is basically.. are there people who’ve been buzzing about having last session tickets for the final and they’re going to get potentially 1 frame??
I am guessing but all other similar things like darts I've been to it's been session tickets. If you wanted to be there all day you would buy both sessions.

Redlambs

They are per session. Normally they get some of the old pros to play an exhibition match for entertainment when it finishes extra early.

0le

Its the nature of the game I imagine. Same with cricket and the rain. What may happen is that they offer a partial refund but I don't know for sure.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This will be looked back on as an easy final for Ronnie, but he's had to beat Ding, Williams & Selby to get there.

Redlambs

Theyre overplaying Wilsons session last night. He started in 4 frames down and now its 3. He needed a bit more, saying 8-2 down is cheating the point a bit
Yeah this was a good shout. He really fecked that last frame last night, 9-8 would have maybe made this more interesting the way Wilson came out this afternoon and won that first one.

SirAnderson

But what do you do in that case if Wilson wins the next few? Looking unlikely but not impossible.
Yeah well if Wilson won the next one then they can call it off for tonight. But I understand why the have to do it, players can come back different after a session, but yeah, don't see any way Ronnie let's this drag out very long.

0le

No chance there is a comeback. Maybe Wilson wins a few frames, but I can't see it being a whitewash.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Those 8 frames are still more than Wilson ever looked like getting at 8-2 but this final hasn’t had a competitive session, just three of them where one player hasn’t turned up and other has done what’s needed.

Ronnie’s victory interview will be fun...

binary bot
Hoping Ronnie ends it quickly to fit in nicely with the football

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We are in an era when at least three of my favourite sportsmen are both at the height of their powers and yet approaching the end of their outstanding careers.
Lewis Hamilton is for me the very best F1 driver of all time.
Jimmy Anderson is still bowling brilliantly and taking lots of wickets.
And Ronnie O'Sullivan is easily the most naturally talented and fantastic snooker player I and many more have ever seen.
Eventually we will miss them all.

R77

Not sure if already posted, but a great informal interview/chat with Ronnie and Hendry here from a couple of months ago. Some interesting pre-emptive stuff, his game plan the next time he meets Selby, and talk of many cue actions!

Last edited:

binary bot
Great video with the context. Makes selby look a bit worse for his complaints