Reddit ITKs v2 | Home of the muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

One of my colleague is currently based out of London and other day he spotted Sancho roaming around. Sancho was mumbling something, my colleague couldn't hear properly but based on lip reading, he is pretty sure Sancho was singing Glory Glory Man United. True story.
Hi, Dave. Nice to see you on the Caf.

El Zoido

What is difficult about getting one or two of Sancho, VdB or Grealish right at this point? You make it sound like we live in isolated times, when everyone can read the papers and take info from real journos.

I can make up stories about transfer targets i read about from reliable journos, of course i will get things right as well. They aren't lucky guessers, nor do they have sources. They just read the papers and follow journos and fabricate ITK stories based on that info.
Guess I’m more galled that the twitter transfer thread has been going for years and never had a disclaimer stating that they’re absolutely full of sh*t. Which they almost all are.

izec

Guess I’m more galled that the twitter transfer thread has been going for years and never had a disclaimer stating that they’re absolutely full of sh*t. Which they almost all are.
You are free to believe whatever you want and follow whoever you want really. But you wanted to know why people believe the reddit ITKs are bullshitters from the go. Of course most of the stuff on Twitter isn't better, but i never said the opposite.

Chairman Steve

As much as I enjoy these, Ive found a good indicator of legit ITKs are the following
  • Information is straight to the point and has just enough detail
  • Information and developments are few and far between
  • The person doing it doesn’t revel in the fact they know the information, cites previous ones they got right or addresses criticism

So as an example a good ITK seems to be:
Tyrone Blubbershit has agreed terms with X Utd , who will pay initial £45m to Y Athletic that could rise to £60m on performance clauses

And the typical chancer being:
Done deal! Tyrone Blubbershit will join X Utd on 28th October pending any delays. Y Athletic will be paid £45m initially with £5m for winning the CL, £5m for winning Ballon d’Or and an additional £5m once he scored 50 league goals. Bonus structures were stumbling block over past week. As before with me saying Gavindinho would join, my contact works for a financial analyst company and told me this. I will address our links with Schittheid once I learn more, but it is looking promising! And feck those people on r/XUtd and Mupcafe who say I’m a chancer!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We have only had the ability to have thread reply banners for the past one month and eight days, and the opening post of that thread has always stated not to post anything from clear bullshit accounts, tabloids or aggregators including a list of blacklisted accounts. The credibility of the ITKs posted in this and last year's thread (ah, spoofex) is a lot closer on the scale to indykaila than David Ornstein.

theklr

At least they say in their heading nothing is 100% accurate and makes it clear is mainly for fun. Like many journos , its nigh-on impossible to be dead on correct because deals shifts very often. But it is fun :)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
:D
That IndyKaila guy has been around since 2011 and with the same profile picture. Sometimes I would like to go full muppet with these ITKs but then I remember IndyKaila and tell myself you're not that stupid.

El Zoido

We have only had the ability to have thread reply banners for the past one month and eight days, and the opening post of that thread has always stated not to post anything from clear bullshit accounts, tabloids or aggregators including a list of blacklisted accounts. The credibility of the ITKs posted in this and last year's thread (ah, spoofex) is a lot closer on the scale to indykaila than David Ornstein.
Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that. Transfer rumours are just exhausting all around I think. I was jaded years ago.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
One of my colleague is currently based out of London and other day he spotted Sancho roaming around. Sancho was mumbling something, my colleague couldn't hear properly but based on lip reading, he is pretty sure Sancho was singing Glory Glory Man United. True story.
Well that's it then, he's gone mental waiting for too long. Deal is off. Ed Woodward's fault I'm telling you. It takes him so long to prepare a bid that by the time he's finished we'd have COVID-19 vaccines ready in every part of the world.

pascell

As much as I enjoy these, Ive found a good indicator of legit ITKs are the following
  • Information is straight to the point and has just enough detail
  • Information and developments are few and far between
  • The person doing it doesn’t revel in the fact they know the information, cites previous ones they got right or addresses criticism

So as an example a good ITK seems to be:
Tyrone Blubbershit has agreed terms with X Utd , who will pay initial £45m to Y Athletic that could rise to £60m on performance clauses

And the typical chancer being:
Done deal! Tyrone Blubbershit will join X Utd on 28th October pending any delays. Y Athletic will be paid £45m initially with £5m for winning the CL, £5m for winning Ballon d’Or and an additional £5m once he scored 50 league goals. Bonus structures were stumbling block over past week. As before with me saying Gavindinho would join, my contact works for a financial analyst company and told me this. I will address our links with Schittheid once I learn more, but it is looking promising! And feck those people on r/XUtd and Mupcafe who say I’m a chancer!
Can Blubbershit pass a ball out from CB? Is Gavindinho a RW? If so, I'm all for these signings.

Gazza

At least they say in their heading nothing is 100% accurate and makes it clear is mainly for fun. Like many journos , its nigh-on impossible to be dead on correct because deals shifts very often. But it is fun :)
People always say this - can you explain what is fun about it? Not being facetious, genuine Q.

Adamsk7

I have a close relative that works for a top premier league club. They are around the management, execs and players and have been there for 15+yrs. I have heard absolutely zero transfer news about anything, including when a player moved to us who my relative was very friendly with.
I just think that unless you are VERY close to a deal, there’s a very good chance that any ITK stuff is bull and if you ARE that close, your job is probably too important or you earn too much to risk blabbing on a muppet forum!

theklr

People always say this - can you explain what is fun about it? Not being facetious, genuine Q.
The fun is believing they actually have ITKs that knows more than most journo’s and follow them to see if it pans out.

Naive I guess, but its not much different than trying to figure out which of the 100+ clickbait articles that are true.

Falcow

My mate got all 4 of our recent signings right. He called the Bruno signing last July.

However he did get a few wrong. Dybala, Eriksen, De ligt, Trippier, Muenier, Joao Felix, Ruben Dias, Declan Rice, Nicolas Pepe, Sean Longstaff, Richarlison, Rabiot come to mind.
:lol:

He must have a crystal ball.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Uh-huh. Funny he’s on beach somewhere according to Instagram. Bunch of silly cnuts.

Gazza

The fun is believing they actually have ITKs that knows more than most journo’s and follow them to see if it pans out.

Naive I guess, but its not much different than trying to figure out which of the 100+ clickbait articles that are true.
Well, exactly... Neither of those sounds particularly fun or worth wasting time over. Different strokes though, I suppose.

Suv666

Imagine you're at a top position in a top club and you're sacked because you were found leaking transfer stories in a forum. Stories for which news outlets would have probably paid top dollar for.

Fooza

It's a shame that we never had an account that claim to be ITK to be actually legit. It's all been frauds since social media began, scumbags.

theklr

Imagine you're at a top position in a top club and you're sacked because you were found leaking transfer stories in a forum. Stories for which news outlets would have probably paid top dollar for.
Someone obviously cannot read the text in the bottom here.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't believe the ITK's, but I still enjoy reading about what they put and letting myself get a little bit carried away at the prospect of what they're saying.

Surely that is what this thread is? Why people would come in and say "load of bollocks, they know nothing"... I'll never know

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't believe the ITK's, but I still enjoy reading about what they put and letting myself get a little bit carried away at the prospect of what they're saying.

Surely that is what this thread is? Why people would come in and say "load of bollocks, they know nothing"... I'll never know
Do you also get read bed time stories every night before you sleep?

Judas

Open to offers
The people who take it too seriously as in getting angry that people get a laugh out of it are as bad if not worse than the people who believe it. It was one thing when other threads were getting infected with it, but coming in here and getting annoyed is stupid, its like hanging around Santas grotto in a shopping centre, mouthing off at kids saying its just a man in a suit, why are you even in this thread if you don't care about it?

Adam-Utd

You never watch or read any fiction do you?
Pretty big difference.

That's a fantasy world that you know isn't real. This situation? It's people trying to trick you into believing it's real.

Bored Schoolkids trying to make a reputation for themselves.

theklr

Pretty big difference.

That's a fantasy world that you know isn't real. This situation? It's people trying to trick you into believing it's real.

Bored Schoolkids trying to make a reputation for themselves.
There is a lot, A LOT, of fiction that is based upon real events , or is trying to predict future events.

You know its not 100% reality , but it is still the resemblence or the possibility that makes it enjoyable.

And why do you even care about what other people enjoy?

Adam-Utd

There is a lot, A LOT, of fiction that is based upon real events , or is trying to predict future events.

You know its not 100% reality , but it is still the resemblence or the possibility that makes it enjoyable.

And why do you even care about what other people enjoy?
If we're just having a laugh at it then great, but people are genuinely believing them and it's just a bit strange I find.

Just look at above, they are trying to pretend they know where Sancho is flying :lol: "he's off to London"... oh no wait he's actually going on holiday with his mates.

Youexpect us to believe you know boardroom level secrets? sure. Next thing you know they'll be making a private discord where people have to pay to get "extra inside info".

Anyway i'll leave this thread alone in the future.

theklr

If we're just having a laugh at it then great, but people are genuinely believing them and it's just a bit strange I find.

Just look at above, they are trying to pretend they know where Sancho is flying :lol: "he's off to London"... oh no wait he's actually going on holiday with his mates.

and you expect us to believe you know boardroom level secrets? sure.
If everything about that is a scam, is for sure one of the most ingenious ones i've seen in a long time :)

Point is, i'm enjoying it because it is enticing to believe that they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.