Reddit ITKs

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Yes. That’s what this thread is for.

Personally I love it, despite myself, as I do like to see what’s being said even if I don’t believe it.

The @christinaa daily gossip reports are the first place I go to on the forum. It’s mostly utter bollocks but I like to see what’s being said and who we are continually linked with. It’s a guilty pleasure.
I always stick to what's in the papers and try my best to be as factual as possible to what THEY say.

Thanks CG. :)

Irrational.

Just to be clear, this thread isn’t for people from Reddit to register and come on here to tell us off for taking the piss out of Reddit.

And just a bit of fun my arse. Many of the people there are insane and swallow the nonsense hook, line and sinker. I don’t doubt many of them run off elsewhere then try and act ITK with their mates and such.
Agreed 100% and with your subsequent posts.

If you want to test this out, sign up and question one of the ITK posts or reliability. You'll be downvoted to oblivion. Some of the users there are delusional and it has lead to an echochamber of a utopian future where every player wants to come to us and weirdos constantly refreshing flight reports and becoming obsessional with social media posts.

It is fun to read though. I think the caf has learnt it's lesson since Sneijder whilst those Neanderthals at Reddit are still playing with fire.

DutchCruijff

So that's it then, once de Ligt (inevitably) moves elsewhere, i.e. PSG, surely it's the end of these "ITKs"?

Please don't tell me that they are going to still keep lying.

passing-wind

So that's it then, once de Ligt (inevitably) moves elsewhere, i.e. PSG, surely it's the end of these "ITKs"?

Please don't tell me that they are going to still keep lying.
It's already the end, numerous of them have said that Rabiot is coming here. They also said that AWB was finished weeks ago but we've now heard of bids being rejected. They are full of rubbish.

Vissy

The ITK thing is certainly harmless, of course. It might cause a few embarassments because a lot of the people on that subreddit do wholeheartedly believe in the thing, and the people who do this know they are lying. But it's pretty clearly just a way for terminally online reddit users (including some of the moderators) to get e-validation, which, y'know, weird. But add that to the infinite list of incredibly weird and petty things reddit moderators do. I think it's quite unethical behaviour either way. Like, they *are* getting gilded for these posts. People *are* placing bets based on lies. Betting odds *are* being influenced by this, apparently. It's not just some self-contained little fun, some people have probably already been indirectly financially hurt by these ITKs. Imagine if the mods there ran a betting ring.

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

It's already the end, numerous of them have said that Rabiot is coming here. They also said that AWB was finished weeks ago but we've now heard of bids being rejected. They are full of rubbish.
This.

That dude proved that their quality control / vetting process was nonsense by getting his garbage rumour through.

So it’s done, and in hilarious fashion. They’ve been absolutely rinsed.

It’s a shame in a way because I love a bit of muppetry but things were getting a bit silly.

All I will say is: follow the BETTING patterns. Not the ITK’s on the internet. Because betting companies know things - internet strangers don’t know shit.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
This.

That dude proved that their quality control / vetting process was nonsense by getting his garbage rumour through.

So it’s done, and in hilarious fashion. They’ve been absolutely rinsed.

It’s a shame in a way because I love a bit of muppetry but things were getting a bit silly.

All I will say is: follow the BETTING patterns. Not the ITK’s on the internet. Because betting companies know things - internet strangers don’t know shit.
:lol: Jaysus. The betting companies don't know shit either. We've already seen the betting companies slash odds numerous time s on de Ligt. It doesn't take much to change their odds.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
That spoofex lad is the worst of them all by a country mile. He keeps coming out with increasingly specific horseshite. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he is pulling it all from thin air. I really hope he is like fourteen years-old, because for a grown man to do that is a legitimate sign of mental disorder.

He's literally never gotten a single thing right, and has gotten about 40 things wrong in the short time I've posted on /r/reddevils. It's so odd that people still give him a platform to spread this drivel.

diarm

So Rabiot was done. Until today when some respected Italian journalists suggested his move to Juve was on the verge of completion when suddenly Spoofrx has heard he's changed his mind and said no to us.

Few rumours from Italy this evening that the move to Juve isn't as finalised as first thought so I wonder will our genius change his tune tomorrow.

hardgour

The ITK thing is certainly harmless, of course. It might cause a few embarassments because a lot of the people on that subreddit do wholeheartedly believe in the thing, and the people who do this know they are lying. But it's pretty clearly just a way for terminally online reddit users (including some of the moderators) to get e-validation, which, y'know, weird. But add that to the infinite list of incredibly weird and petty things reddit moderators do. I think it's quite unethical behaviour either way. Like, they *are* getting gilded for these posts. People *are* placing bets based on lies. Betting odds *are* being influenced by this, apparently. It's not just some self-contained little fun, some people have probably already been indirectly financially hurt by these ITKs. Imagine if the mods there ran a betting ring.
TBH - These muppet threads/ITK started as fun and have morphed into some monster. The people who take it seriously enough to bet on it are the ones quoting the onion in university papers. Am I reading them? ab-so-fecking-lutely, but you cant get wrapped up in these. Its for fun and excitement while a majority of the subreddit and really here are extremely negative about the transfer window (rightfully so with Ed at the helm)

ubergorp

If I'm correct, you're one of the mods on "muppetiers" right? Or at least you have the same username?

Do you think it's healthy to run this? I say this as a redditor myself, and increasing people's expectations with ITK's saying we've signed Bruno and De Ligt (which is clearly bs) will just lead to increased pessimism once the window is over.
That’s correct.

Healthy for me personally? No. That DBCooper fiasco was incredibly stressful and I’m considering not continuing on after the windows closed.

For the sub? It’s certainly not unhealthy.

We still want ITKs to continue as it's fun, but if we could create a system that would make it better than before, then I'd call it a win.

ITKs would post their stuff anyway and we act as a layer of security for them (I’m sure you remember the incident that got tier challenges banned), and a layer of security for the sub in the form of vetting and verification e.g:
  • Removing names from posts prevents attention seeking trolls
  • Posting things at the same time helps prevent people piggy backing on information
  • Requiring verification acts as a deterrent to people who have no links (and quite a few people who have tried to give us something have just not replied as soon as we ask for some form of proof)
Obviously the system can be abused, as we've seen with DBCooper, but we're still learning and (hopefully) improving.

Happy to answer any other questions anyone may have.

willhse456

That’s correct.

We still want ITKs to continue as it's fun, but if we could create a system that would make it better than before, then I'd call it a win.

ITKs would post their stuff anyway and we act as a layer of security for them (I’m sure you remember the incident that got tier challenges banned), and a layer of security for the sub in the form of vetting and verification e.g:
  • Posting things at the same time helps prevent people piggy backing on information
  • Requiring verification acts as a deterrent to people who have no links (and quite a few people who have tried to give us something have just not replied as soon as we ask for some form of proof)
Do you seriously believe people are ITK? I can see xisimon knowing someone that has something to do with social media, and will know about pending announcements, but I think that's as far as it will go.

I don't believe for one moment that spoofex, for example, has any insider knowledge. I don't think that even Ole knows as much as whoever is feeding spoofex his information. The information also constantly flip flops, and it's just taking advantage of random people on the internet for a kick.

I don't think it's a good thing for fans because as I said, it only leads to anger when these things inevitably don't come true, and thats just bad for everyone involved.

ubergorp

Do you seriously believe people are ITK? I can see xisimon knowing someone that has something to do with social media, and will know about pending announcements, but I think that's as far as it will go.

I don't believe for one moment that spoofex, for example, has any insider knowledge. I don't think that even Ole knows as much as whoever is feeding spoofex his information. The information also constantly flip flops, and it's just taking advantage of random people on the internet for a kick.

I don't think it's a good thing for fans because as I said, it only leads to anger when these things inevitably don't come true, and thats just bad for everyone involved.
I think its not unreasonable to think that people know people who know stuff. That's why we try to validate it. We still maintain that everything should be taken with a healthy pinch of salt.

diarm

That’s correct.

Healthy for me personally? No. That DBCooper fiasco was incredibly stressful and I’m considering not continuing on after the windows closed.

For the sub? It’s certainly not unhealthy.

Obviously the system can be abused, as we've seen with DBCooper, but we're still learning and (hopefully) improving.

Happy to answer any other questions anyone may have.
When was the last time you stepped away from the computer, maybe even turned it off for a while, and had a little think to yourself about whether maybe you're talking all of this a little too seriously?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
When was the last time you stepped away from the computer, maybe even turned it off for a while, and had a little think to yourself about whether maybe you're talking all of this a little too seriously?
He's replying to a thread that has nearly 30 pages about it. I think there's plenty here who take it too seriously.

Raven

I think that these ITK's are about as reliable as 99% of journalists. Believe nothing until official, simple as.

settembrini

Spoofer has gotten another thing wrong. Mata's contract length.
Spoofex: My sources say that Mata hasn't been offered a new contract and will be leaving.
Man Utd: Mata has been offered a new contract.
Spoofex: My sources say that Mata has been offered a new deal but only for one year and it's a paycut so he is expected to leave.
Man Utd: Mata has signed a new 2+1 year deal.

He's the worst ITK ever. Makes Indykaila look reliable.

Nick7

Spoofex: My sources say that Mata hasn't been offered a new contract and will be leaving.
Spoofex: My sources say that Mata has been offered a new deal but only for one year and it's a paycut so he is expected to leave.

A classic.

Raven

Do you understand how negotiations work? I mean, the terms, the timeline and even the likely outcome can change at any given time. Given that negotiations have likely been taking place for a long time, do you not think that maybe, just maybe, his source(s), if they exist, would keep him updated on the latest developments?

Baneofthegame

Do you understand how negotiations work? I mean, the terms, the timeline and even the likely outcome can change at any given time. Given that negotiations have likely been taking place for a long time, do you not think that maybe, just maybe, his source(s), if they exist, would keep him updated on the latest developments?
Except his quotes always seem to come after published bews contradicting his original statement, which is usually incredibly vague and easy to backtrack out of.

We could all be “ITK’s” with this level of ambiguity in our information.

settembrini

Yes I do. I am not sure you do though. For example if contract negotiations between Mata and United were going on for a long time and you had a source who knew the details of said contract negotiations as Spoofex claims to have then you would not be insisting that there was no new contract offer when there actually was.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes I do. I am not sure you do though. For example if contract negotiations between Mata and United were going on for a long time and you had a source who knew the details of said contract negotiations as Spoofex claims to have then you would not be insisting that there was no new contract offer when there actually was.
Pretty much, he was adamant too for a long time

Raven

I do believe he said there had been no contract offered? The negotiations take place before the offer.
Except his quotes always seem to come after published bews contradicting his original statement, which is usually incredibly vague and easy to backtrack out of.

We could all be “ITK’s” with this level of ambiguity in our information.
I'm not saying he's legit or not, I'm just saying that he can't be called full of shit for the Mata contract.