Reddit ITKs

Irrational.

Amazing trolling from that DB Cooper fellow exposing the r/reddevils subreddit for what it is. A joke. Even the Manchester United Facebook page is more sensible than that bunch of clowns. He's made them look like nobs :lol:

Though I see Spoofex has doubled down with his De Ligt to United story. This will make or break him, regardless of how clueless he is.

Based Adnan

Spoofex is chatting shite imo. Most of the players mentioned have really obvious details and the only one that has some form of information is the Tielemans one. And for that he has literally taken the below tweet from Kristof Terreur and changed the words around a little.

Spoofex -
Tielemans - Only if Pogba goes. There are about 10 options though and he is one of them. We have spoken to the agent to make sure he's interested. Leicester want to wrap it up either way though so we may miss him.
Another Kristof tweet relating Tielemans to Pogba:

Chatting absolute rubbish and legions of people are falling for it hook like and sinker. And then he's like if it's wrong I'll open a thread and you can roast me!!!11 as if anyone actually cares about that.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Loved reading through the "DB_Cooper727 vs The "Muppets" and ITKs of /r/reddevils"

:lol:

Marzo

I feel like the entire r/reddevils subreddit is every idiot newbie who's never been able to get promoted here. I shudder to think what their matchday threads are like!
Can’t be worse than our match threads! Impossible.

mu4c_20le

:lol: I like the moderator of that soccer court sub, he is reveling in the attention its given his sub. At least he is honest about it, unlike some others.

Turkleton

The only thing DB Cooper exposed was his own delusion and that false information could be submitted. None of what he said proved anyone else is lying. The reason he was banned was he made a joke about throwing acid in someone's face.

I think some of you people have missed the point that the muppet threads are where people go to have fun. People know every thing there is nonsense but it makes the summer a bit more amusing. There's no need to get so worked up about it.

OleGunnar20

The only thing DB Cooper exposed was his own delusion and that false information could be submitted. None of what he said proved anyone else is lying. The reason he was banned was he made a joke about throwing acid in someone's face.

I think some of you people have missed the point that the muppet threads are where people go to have fun. People know every thing there is nonsense but it makes the summer a bit more amusing. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
Yeah for sure, it's just a bit of fun. I dont imagine the majority put much stock in it.

I think the rest of them echoed his fake news shortly after didn't they? Which he's claiming is proving them as being full of it.

Turkleton

Yeah for sure, it's just a bit of fun. I dont imagine the majority put much stock in it.

I think the rest of them echoed his fake news shortly after didn't they? Which he's claiming is proving them as being full of it.
His fake news was completely unrelated to any of the others ITKs. It was a claim about travel arrangements for De Ligt which no one else repeated. His claims were kept separate from the other people claiming to have information with a disclaimer on lack of evidence.

hardgour

It really is concerning when the only movement on stories has been via Reddit ITKs. None of our top tier journos have updated us with anything.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It really is concerning when the only movement on stories has been via Reddit ITKs. None of our top tier journos have updated us with anything.
Or there are less leaks from the club, and the ITKs don't know shit.

Sterling Archer

Bit of snobbery on the cafe about it. We were lapping up @Acquire Me as an ITK not long ago and are plenty Muppets ourselves. I don't know why its all of a sudden derided just because it's on Reddit aside from maybe jealousy that we haven't had the same level of imaginative fun. In fact, the cafe for much of this season has been just a trench of horsesh*t negativity. It could do with a little more embracing of muppetry instead the constant whining that we're not competitive in the market or attractive to players and no longer a big club.

And to be blunt , acting like this Cooper douche is some sort of archangel that has shown Redditors to be dumb is a bit precious coming from a country that was just duped into voting for Brexit by online trolls and inflammatory propaganda. Likewise the US and the Russian troll influence in its own elections. Literally all of the western world should look at this case of "Cooper versus Muppets" as a kind of satire of the current state of us, people and the power of online words.

prateik

Clicked on that link.. The guy is like a poster from RAWK. Unnecessarily verbose.

The one thing it does show is that there are plenty of people with free time to make shit up on the internet..
I have read people defending ITKs because - who would make that stuff up.. and why..
Well.. people who have nothing better to do.. and there are a lot of them.

I can totally understand there being people with inside info.. and its normal for them to want to share it with someone.. the anonymity of reddit helps..
But the number of ITKs is absurd.. and the details they come up with is ridiculous.

Forget a pinch of salt.. you need a massive massive spoonful of salt when reading the reddit ITK claims.

Terminator

This reddit ITK(muppet) thread is purely just for fun and a good way to pass time, the chances of getting good info is incredibly low. With that being said, spoofex is a troll and can't believe he has many people fooled. It's in the name itself people.:lol:

ubergorp

Still not a fully fledged user and I only have 3 posts a day, so I'll have to condense this.

Jesus christ, it's gotten even worse. They call their made-up news aggregator tier speculation Mupdates.
Not quite right - we call each post a mupdate. It's a quality name, imho.

I think he was banned from the r/soccer sub because he called them out
He got banned for saying something pretty vile about a City fan who got acid thrown in their face, IIRC

It's more likely that Fred is their anonymous new source.
He's not

Very well said. Totally agree.

settembrini

That DB Cooper weirdo did make them look like idiots but tbh that's like shooting fish in a barrel. Everyone with a brain already knows they are idiots.

Anyway I see that Rabiot is the latest player Spoofex has backtracked on. I don't think I've ever seen any pretend ITK get as much wrong in as short a space as time as he has this summer.

Cliche Guevara

Just to be clear, this thread isn’t for people from Reddit to register and come on here to tell us off for taking the piss out of Reddit.

And just a bit of fun my arse. Many of the people there are insane and swallow the nonsense hook, line and sinker. I don’t doubt many of them run off elsewhere then try and act ITK with their mates and such.

Sterling Archer

That DB Cooper weirdo did make them look like idiots but tbh that's like shooting fish in a barrel. Everyone with a brain already knows they are idiots.
:rolleyes:

So this thread has just become a garbage dumping spot for hatred and generalization. Redcafe versus Reddit.

Pathetic.

Sterling Archer

Just to be clear, this thread isn’t for people from Reddit to register and come on here to tell us off for taking the piss out of Reddit.

And just a bit of fun my arse. Many of the people there are insane and swallow the nonsense hook, line and sinker. I don’t doubt many of them run off elsewhere then try and act ITK with their mates and such.
Is it really taking the piss? It's a bunch of hypocritical nonsense. The cafe has had it's share of ITK muppetry.

It's just weird that cafe members are trying to turn this into some sort of better-than-the-other rivalry.

No. We're all the same lame dick internet strangers having online relationships with other strangers about sports instead of going out with a mate to catch up about it.

settembrini

:rolleyes:

So this thread has just become a garbage dumping spot for hatred and generalization. Redcafe versus Reddit.

Pathetic.
Wrong. It's got nothing to do with redcafe vs reddit. It's about liars and bullshitters vs people who aren't liars and bullshitters. If there were a bunch of posters on redcafe claiming they knew details about United's transfer policies but constantly getting things wrong and looking ridiculous then I would criticise them the same as I do with the reddit ITKs. But there aren't, because the redcafe moderators do a good job, while spoofex and the rest of the r/reddevils mods have turned their forum into a joke.

NYAS

@Damien Look at the last few posts. It’s quite clear we’re going to start getting an invasion of defensive Reddit users who are going to ruin this thread very soon, and then probably the forum as a whole. Think the modmins should cut this off at the source before it infects the whole forum.

Gandalf

@Damien Look at the last few posts. It’s quite clear we’re going to start getting an invasion of defensive Reddit users who are going to ruin this thread very soon, and then probably the forum as a whole. Think the modmins should cut this off at the source before it infects the whole forum.
But then how will we know what time de Ligt's plane is landing?

willhse456

Not quite right - we call each post a mupdate.
If I'm correct, you're one of the mods on "muppetiers" right? Or at least you have the same username?

Do you think it's healthy to run this? I say this as a redditor myself, and increasing people's expectations with ITK's saying we've signed Bruno and De Ligt (which is clearly bs) will just lead to increased pessimism once the window is over.

Sterling Archer

Wrong. It's got nothing to do with redcafe vs reddit. It's about liars and bullshitters vs people who aren't liars and bullshitters. If there were a bunch of posters on redcafe claiming they knew details about United's transfer policies but constantly getting things wrong and looking ridiculous then I would criticise them the same as I do with the reddit ITKs. But there aren't, because the redcafe moderators do a good job, while spoofex and the rest of the r/reddevils mods have turned their forum into a joke.
You said they were all idiots. That's pretty divisive to me.

I've no problem with ribbing and seeing the humor in nonsense. But your comments are divisive.

It's also not fair to call an entire group of people idiots for believing information given to them by 'moderators' was true. As I noted before, you've got two wonderful case studies of Americans and Brits believing wholeheartedly in their journalism and online sources leading to Trump and Brexit. Are all Americans and Brits idiots ?

Have a laugh. Make note of how unreliable information is. Beware of trolling. But dont pretend like this place is any better. We've our own fair share of nonsense threads. Doesn't mean the entire cafe is idiots.

Feckin hell, if anyone thought I was making a big extrapolation to Trumps elections and Brexit, take a look at this. What's the internet equivalent for extreme nationalism? Forumist?

Donk3y

Spoofex yesterday:
Tielemans - Only if Pogba goes. There are about 10 options though and he is one of them. We have spoken to the agent to make sure he's interested. Leicester want to wrap it up either way though so we may miss him.
Spoofex today:
Rabiot is a no to United. Seems that they're very disappointed but he did say they generally have found he has been very respectful in this whole dealing. So hopefully that turns a few opinions on him.

I asked who we think plan b is and he said it will almost certainly be Tielemans but they also might look at Madrids options and Sigurdsson (CSKA Moscow, not Everton).

settembrini

You said they were all idiots. That's pretty divisive to me.

I've no problem with ribbing and seeing the humor in nonsense. But your comments are divisive.

It's also not fair to call an entire group of people idiots for believing information given to them by 'moderators' was true. As I noted before, you've got two wonderful case studies of Americans and Brits believing wholeheartedly in their journalism and online sources leading to Trump and Brexit. Are all Americans and Brits idiots ?

Have a laugh. Make note of how unreliable information is. Beware of trolling. But dont pretend like this place is any better. We've our own fair share of nonsense threads. Doesn't mean the entire cafe is idiots.
The idiots are the ITKs and the people who believe them. It's perfectly fair since from his very first update Spoofex has been saying things that clearly aren't true and he's gotten countless things wrong since then. There isn't a single ITK on reddit apart from Simon who they harassed and insulted when he told them things they didn't want to hear, i.e. that guys like Fred and Spoofex were talking rubbish.

I'm not touching your bizarre Trump/Brexit analogy and your last point is simply wrong. Redcafe is better than the United reddit with regards to ITKs. If you disagree then show me the redcafe equivalent of Spoofex, a poster from this forum who constantly claims to know absurd amounts of information about United's plans for transfers/contracts etc.

Dion

All I have to say on this is that DBCooper guy is a psychopath.

Bwuk

That is absolutely amazing hahahah.

Didn't someone on here start a rumour about us signing Kaka that all the papers picked up on? Remember hearing about that.

Sterling Archer

The idiots are the ITKs and the people who believe them. It's perfectly fair since from his very first update Spoofex has been saying things that clearly aren't true and he's gotten countless things wrong since then. There isn't a single ITK on reddit apart from Simon who they harassed and insulted when he told them things they didn't want to hear, i.e. that guys like Fred and Spoofex were talking rubbish.

I'm not touching your bizarre Trump/Brexit analogy and your last point is simply wrong. Redcafe is better than the United reddit with regards to ITKs. If you disagree then show me the redcafe equivalent of Spoofex, a poster from this forum who constantly claims to know absurd amounts of information about United's plans for transfers/contracts etc.
I post on the cafe for a reason, right. But you can't tell me the kind of things in the match day threads are anything other than embarrassing. Player performance threads likewise that have needed to be shut down during specified times. We all have our ugly ducklings. But Redcafe isn't "better" than Reddit. Much the same way a fine dining restaurant isn't "better" than a fast casual place. A white collared employee isn't "better" than a blue collar worker. It's to each their own and to be condescending the way you are is, as I said, unnecessarily divisive.

Re: analogy. The maniacal stunt pulled by Cooper whatever is the kind of trolling that is meant to invite a rabid response in people that feel strongly about something. We have laws outlawing yelling fire in a crowded space because of the pandemonium it causes right? We don't really have that in the internet world. Maybe it's a bjt easier to incite people in that way. That's what Russian trolls did using FB for instance. Jump on a contested topic and create chaos by spouting false narrative. Why did the guy do it? For revenge. Now that said Even I felt it was a bit of a stretch to try to link the two until I saw the post from @NYAS above. Look at that nonsense and tell me how that's acceptable

Brophs

The One and Only
That is absolutely amazing hahahah.

Didn't someone on here start a rumour about us signing Kaka that all the papers picked up on? Remember hearing about that.
That was @Spoony

Probably the best thing he's ever done. Including his 9 children.

Chairman Steve

As funny as the prank is, it’s funnier that someone actually went out of their way and actively planned to dupe gullible people on the internet about trivial football transfer rumours.

Cliche Guevara

I post on the cafe for a reason, right. But you can't tell me the kind of things in the match day threads are anything other than embarrassing. Player performance threads likewise that have needed to be shut down during specified times. We all have our ugly ducklings. But Redcafe isn't "better" than Reddit. Much the same way a fine dining restaurant isn't "better" than a fast casual place. A white collared employee isn't "better" than a blue collar worker. It's to each their own and to be condescending the way you are is, as I said, unnecessarily divisive.

Re: analogy. The maniacal stunt pulled by Cooper whatever is the kind of trolling that is meant to invite a rabid response in people that feel strongly about something. We have laws outlawing yelling fire in a crowded space because of the pandemonium it causes right? We don't really have that in the internet world. Maybe it's a bjt easier to incite people in that way. That's what Russian trolls did using FB for instance. Jump on a contested topic and create chaos by spouting false narrative. Why did the guy do it? For revenge. Now that said Even I felt it was a bit of a stretch to try to link the two until I saw the post from @NYAS above. Look at that nonsense and tell me how that's acceptable
To be honest I think your Trump/Brexit analogy is more accurately directed at Spoofex and other so-called ITKs.

We live in an increasingly post-truth world and the behaviour on Reddit shows how easy it is to string people along without question. Even when people’s claims are repeatedly exposed as false some people, incredibly, will still interpret them as somehow validating the claims. The worship of these claimants then continues to increase.

I think a lot of these threads actually show a dangerous insight into the human mind, how easily it is manipulated, and how the internet can be used as a tool for mass thought-control.

People dispense legal, medical, political, personal advice etc online, and most of it is utter bullshit. It can be extremely damaging.

A little dramatic, perhaps, but the evidence is right in front of you.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be honest I think your Trump/Brexit analogy is more accurately directed at Spoofex and other so-called ITKs.

We live in an increasingly post-truth world and the behaviour on Reddit shows how easy it is to string people along without question. Even when people’s claims are repeatedly exposed as false some people, incredibly, will still interpret them as somehow validating the claims. The worship of these claimants then continues to increase.

I think a lot of these threads actually show a dangerous insight into the human mind, how easily it is manipulated, and how the internet can be used a tool for mass thought-control.

Yeah, especially with the doxing as well, it can actually have a real life impact too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Just seems like a bunch of people re-wording tabloid gossip for attention. Easy to spot.

If/when someone comes out with a name (Diop for example) before its plastered around the media, then it might be worth taking seriously.

Cliche Guevara

You guys are weird. You know it's all bullshit yet still monitor those posts/posters and re-post them here.
Yes. That’s what this thread is for.

Personally I love it, despite myself, as I do like to see what’s being said even if I don’t believe it.

The @christinaa daily gossip reports are the first place I go to on the forum. It’s mostly utter bollocks but I like to see what’s being said and who we are continually linked with. It’s a guilty pleasure.

Sterling Archer

I think a lot of these threads actually show a dangerous insight into the human mind, how easily it is manipulated, and how the internet can be used as a tool for mass thought-control.

People dispense legal, medical, political, personal advice etc online, and most of it is utter bullshit. It can be extremely damaging.

Absolutely agree! (I appreciate thar you didn't just dismiss the comparison!)

Im seeing a lot of criticism of Redditors for believing them. But I think that's unfair. They're basically being preyed upon and manipulated as you say. Sure, some understand the muppet life is just that. But even if it is all in fun, it's a bit unnerving at how easily it can be done. The Cooper guys stunt was an ill spirited example.

From the cafe perspective, I don't like seeing us scoffing at what's going on in Reddit. Using the American example, much the same way I've had plenty of friends turn their nose and belittle those that watch and believe Fox news and all the propaganda. If that makes sense.