Reddit ITKs

GioF

That's the equivalent of a psychic playing to an audience of 10 000 people and asking "is there a Paul here or does anyone know a Paul ?"
Like Clinton Baptiste in Phoenix Nights “Is there a John in the audience”

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maybe someone from marketing was told to make some Maguire content just to be ahead of the game if he signs. Then that person tells Xisimon and he posts it. It's possible for him to be wrong but not to be a total fraud. Seems like people consider it to be totally black and white. You're either Ed's mate who knows everything or you're a total liar. Nothing in between.
Yeah, he obviously has marketing contacts and thinks that's the last stage of a transfer, that's why he backs it heavily when he gets the info. I imagine he embellishes the rest to sound more credible.

GazTheLegend

So in this ITK-driven window, not one 'ITK' has ended up being remotely credible have they?

I actually did have time for that xsimon guy but now he's jumped the gun on Maguire, strongly suggests his AWB one was a practical guess. Maybe he knows someone from marketing to get the announcement time of James and it went to his head so he drove on.

Nonsense the lot of it.
They were all universally full of shit, yes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The problem with certain people in this thread is that you see everything as black and white, no grey.

If you don't want to believe ITK, think they're all bollocks, that's fine, you literally don't have to open this thread.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The problem with certain people in this thread is that you see everything as black and white, no grey.

If you don't want to believe ITK, think they're all bollocks, that's fine, you literally don't have to open this thread.
Pretty much

GazTheLegend

I literally provided copious amounts of proof he was full of shit.
They don’t want to hear it. People want to believe that we’re signing Diallo, SMS, de Ligt, Maguire, Maddison, Eriksen etc etc for ~500million without remembering that the last time we played that game in the transfer window we failed abysmally that season

They hear what they want to hear. They don’t want to hear unexciting things like we are trying to work as a team to make things better because the 25 or so -human beings- we have are already great footballers and we can work on them.

bludsucker

Originally this thread was one to poke fun at the reddit itk’s and the itk culture as a whole. Then it got derailed as all threads in the caf now tend to be.

GazTheLegend

That’s fine but the cult of spoofex was extremely bothersome. It was like watching Indykaila put people into a fervour in real time without being able to do anything about it - like a slow motion train crash of peoples emotions.

It’s not cool, and it’s hard to just stand by and watch.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Did he reject us previously before he moved to Lazio? There were plenty of rumours that we tried to sign Sancho before he opted for Dortmund.
Sorry, mssed that it was someone who rejected us. Probably not true either way.

Nick7

I can't even believe this shit is still going. I went onto that thread and apparently spoofer tweeted again and they're acting like that's confirmation we're signing someone big :lol:

Nick7

So Spoofer realised the ITK nonsense he bandwagoned on was bullshit and deleted his tweet. Shameless.

Sterling Archer

Didnt he also jump the gun on AWB. Lets wait and see. Seems like a lot of smoke around this one
He said United would announce in thirty minutes, the did so in 35 or 36...soo, yes, I guess?

So in this ITK-driven window, not one 'ITK' has ended up being remotely credible have they?

I actually did have time for that xsimon guy but now he's jumped the gun on Maguire, strongly suggests his AWB one was a practical guess. Maybe he knows someone from marketing to get the announcement time of James and it went to his head so he drove on.

Nonsense the lot of it.
See above. I think you've missed the other things the kid has gotten correct over the last couple seasons: Dalot Fred Kohler Grant
All well before many people got wind of it, including typical journo sources in some cases . Been mentioned on here about a hundred times.

So if you like transfer muppetry, he is definitely one of the only ones on Reddit worth paying any mind to. But it has more or less been confirmed his source is marketing. Folks with any experience in corporate settings can attest - things change overnight. You could be working on a project that was killed by executives weeks ago before it trickles down to you. This kids info is coming from such a tentative source, NOT anyone in negotiations. So it should not be black or white. And still he has a good track record.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
That’s fine but the cult of spoofex was extremely bothersome. It was like watching Indykaila put people into a fervour in real time without being able to do anything about it - like a slow motion train crash of peoples emotions.

It’s not cool, and it’s hard to just stand by and watch.
But then on the flipside, you have a group of people who could not wait for simon to slip up to discredit him (despite the fact multiple sources across industry reported the same thing).

They don’t want to hear it. People want to believe that we’re signing Diallo, SMS, de Ligt, Maguire, Maddison, Eriksen etc etc for ~500million without remembering that the last time we played that game in the transfer window we failed abysmally that season

They hear what they want to hear. They don’t want to hear unexciting things like we are trying to work as a team to make things better because the 25 or so -human beings- we have are already great footballers and we can work on them.
Really don't get this post at all tbh. I see united this window making the right kind of signings, smart signings. Young hungry players who we can improve. What does this have to do with the validity of ITKs?

cyberman

Our club doesn't have any ITK. Its about time posters came around to this instead of searching for reasons to believe

Cassidy

He said United would announce in thirty minutes, the did so in 35 or 36...soo, yes, I guess?

See above. I think you've missed the other things the kid has gotten correct over the last couple seasons: Dalot Fred Kohler Grant
All well before many people got wind of it, including typical journo sources in some cases . Been mentioned on here about a hundred times.

So if you like transfer muppetry, he is definitely one of the only ones on Reddit worth paying any mind to. But it has more or less been confirmed his source is marketing. Folks with any experience in corporate settings can attest - things change overnight. You could be working on a project that was killed by executives weeks ago before it trickles down to you. This kids info is coming from such a tentative source, NOT anyone in negotiations. So it should not be black or white. And still he has a good track record.
About a week or two before that he said it was done. Not saying he is right but it doesn't seem any different to whats happened with Maguire at present

Sterling Archer

About a week or two before that he said it was done. Not saying he is right but it doesn't seem any different to whats happened with Maguire at present
Considering what I said at the bottom, about who is source is , why lambast him? He's giving us what he has from someone in a department that's not transfers. It should be taken with some leeway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's quite likely United got a thumbs up from Leicester, then they suddenly changed their mind at the last minute and asked for more money or cash upfront rather than a structured deal.

It would be interesting to know how the art department works, how quickly ahead do they start photoshopping and making posters etc.

Cassidy

Considering what I said at the bottom, about who is source is , why lambast him? He's giving us what he has from someone in a department that's not transfers. It should be taken with some leeway.
Agree, not lambasting him at all

nainaisson

He'll have to enter Witness Protection with Spoofex when we don't sign Bruno Fernandes. I don't know if his source lied about our interest in the player or he did, but every indication is that this Fernandes stuff is garbage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

never forget :wenger:
Still have people adamant this chap is genuinely itk.
Ignoring what he's got wrong and a vague sense of what he got right.

James at 3pm seems to be the main crux of it.
Awb he called too early and onvs maguire 10days on obviously is nowhere near done

GJNJ

Still have people adamant this chap is genuinely itk.
Ignoring what he's got wrong and a vague sense of what he got right.

James at 3pm seems to be the main crux of it.
Awb he called too early and onvs maguire 10days on obviously is nowhere near done
Also even if he is genuine, do we really need an itk that tells us what time an announcement will be 30 minutes before the announcement?

Judging by the state of the transfer threads I assume some do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Also even if he is genuine, do we really need an itk that tells us what time an announcement will be 30 minutes before the announcement?

Judging by the state of the transfer threads I assume some do.
I think we'll all be glad when the proper football starts.
Although massively concerned if we don't add to wan bissaka as a starter.

It'll be unthinkable not to add more quality. But it seems insanity to leave it so late.

George The Best

I think we'll all be glad when the proper football starts.
Although massively concerned if we don't add to wan bissaka as a starter.

It'll be unthinkable not to add more quality. But it seems insanity to leave it so late.
Think we might see some action once Ole is back from the tour. Not an ITK btw, just a feeling based on previous windows.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think we might see some action once Ole is back from the tour. Not an ITK btw, just a feeling based on previous windows.
Nooooo….not the classic back from tour line!
Ed was always coming back from the tour/staying back from the tour for business for years