Reece James

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Couldn't find a thread for him so here goes.

One of the newbies who went to training yesterday, said that

Checked out Reece James and he's the right guy. I know nothing about him but he was gleaming like a diamond out there on the pitch.
Well, he was in the group wearing yellow vests most of the session. This included Nani, Rafael, Zaha, Lingard, and others. These guys were HUSTLING out there, trying hard to impress, and among them Reece stood out, the guy can stop and turn on a dime for instance.

Mata was in what I suppose is tonight's starting XI group, they had a more, shall we say, casual air about them.
Anyway what do we expect of him this season?

FromTheBench

He's been a interesting one. Almost came out of nowhere after the Dallas Cup where he had to be thrown in at LB and hasn't stopped impressing since then.

I am not sure he will make it at United but his rate of progression has been so good and his performances Consistent whether at LB, CM or even LM tucked in in the reserves.

This season and this tour maybe crucial for him in his United career. Guess it might be better for him to get a high level loan somewhere though if he can assuming we will buy another LB option.

FromTheBench

Admittedly came on after the game was over but he was pretty good except his physical presence aerially.

Nice 2 finishes as well. Very composed.

"Hames" Reece.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would be great if he could save us the trouble of buying a left back. The optimal solution which leaves the 98% happy.

JSMHE

Top finishes!! I actually voted him for the player of the year last sesason.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Quality, has been under appreciated as one of the stand outs in our academy last year.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I said this before but if he keeps impressing van Gaal during this pre-season he will definitely get a chance from Louis in some more important games.
I wonder if he's impressed so much already that we were comfortable letting Evra go even before our first pre-season game.

Sid234

Right place at the right time for both the goals, making the ideal runs you'd expect your wingback to make! Much more impressed with his calmness on the ball and how well he settled in.. Might have been a shitty Galaxy team, but none of the youngsters looked fazed and just blended in perfectly! Having Fletcher marshaling the defense must have certainly helped them..

Devil may care

He took his two chances with great composure, would have liked to have seen more of what he could do on the overlap.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That was the nicest surprise in this match. His finishing is cool as hell not to mention he got some power in his legs.

NoLogo

I wonder if he's impressed so much already that we were comfortable letting Evra go even before our first pre-season game.
Maybe. No idea of fast he can form an opinion about a player. But maybe it was more due to him deciding that Shaw would be our main man on the left defensive side and Evra saying he would rather take his chance being a starter for Juve than warming our bench.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Maybe. No idea of fast he can form an opinion about a player. But maybe it was more due to him deciding that Shaw would be our main man on the left defensive side and Evra saying he would rather take his chance being a starter for Juve than warming our bench.
I meant more that he impressed Giggs, Joyce, Neville and those sorts.

beergod

I thought he understood his role far better than Shaw did. Understandable considering Shaw's late arrival.

I was very impressed with his decision making and composure.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That was the nicest surprise in this match. His finishing is cool as hell not to mention he got some power in his legs.
Aye, if he can play like this again then I'm pretty sure that we don't need to buy a back-up LB. Some fight for the starting XI between him and Shaw would only benefit both.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Mainly because it's his consistency that has impressed most, and consistency is harder to notice. I can't remember the last time I saw him have a bad game.
This, he was like the U-21's Denis Irwin last year, safe 8/10 bet every game.

In fact, that is who he reminds me of, finally figured it out.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Aye, if he can play like this again then I'm pretty sure that we don't need to buy a back-up LB. Some fight for the starting XI between him and Shaw would only benefit both.
Makes this transfer window even more intriguing. After performances like this it's hard to drop even one player from the first team.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Can’t say I noticed him to much beyond the goals, but he took the two chances well. Don’t know a whole lot about him, but hopefully he can step up and provide a potential cover option during the season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He put down a marker tonight. I can't remember La Galaxy getting that much change out of him and I don't believe he played any worse than Shaw. In fact going forward I think he made better decisions with his use of the ball than Shaw did. It'll be interesting to see how this develops. Van Gaal doesn't respect reputations or price tags. If Reece continues to play well he will be rewarded for it.

Sid234

The games against Roma, Inter and Real will be better markers to judge the youngsters.. But overall, promising performances from James, Keane and Blackett

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Every time I watch Reece, he never looks like he has a bad game. He's so assured and confident in his performances. After his last U-21 season, I expected him to get more of a look into the first team.

He looks so assured on the ball and has a very nice, quick turn in him. He doesn't panic under pressure, and he's good at keeping the ball in tight spaces. His movement is very good as well, and whilst we didn't get to see his crossing in the 2nd half, at least he got 2 goals, both of which were nice finishes with the left foot.

I hope he can continue to impress van Gaal. To me, he looks like the perfect backup to Shaw for the left back role.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
In the few reserves/academy I saw last season, he looked good. Will be great if we can have backup to Shaw from academy instead of spending millions to get from outside. If he continues to impress, James will not only be backup but a competition to Shaw.

ghagua

Showed exactly how a wing back should play. Got back when needed, and bombed forward at every opportunity. Even if he had missed those goals, he showed that he does not get a nose bleed when getting into the box.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
I hope he saves us some money in not having to sign another LB and we can focus on boosting our central defense, central midfield & probably a winger.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Nickosaur

I first noticed him last season when watching the reserves. Was watching to see what the hype was on the likes of Wilson, Pearson, Rothwell, Varela, Janko, Pereira etc, but this guy stood out in that he looked so calm and composed. Rarely made a mistake and always seemed to pick the right option. Very excited to see how he does on the rest of the tour and if he gets a chance against better opposition.