Reece James

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Didn't know he was the brother of Matty James. We've had quite a few siblings playing for United in different levels the past few years. I can think of Corry and Jonny Evans, Reece and Wes Brown, Fabio and Rafael off the top of my head.

ZDwyr

Didn't know he was the brother of Matty James. We've had quite a few siblings playing for United in different levels the past few years. I can think of Corry and Jonny Evans, Reece and Wes Brown, Fabio and Rafael off the top of my head.
The Neville brothers...

Sb_16

We've had siblings since the 70's with the Greenhoff brothers.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Charlie and Nobby Stiles
John Aston also had a brother on our books
Edward and Bernie Marshall in our juniors
Michael and Steven Clegg
Reece and Wes Brown

There's been quite a few

Ibi Dreams

I've been impressed with him so far, if he carries on playing to the standard which he has done in these two games then he should get some games in the first team this season

FromTheBench

He has been better than Shaw over the 2 games, imo.

Only friendlies but he is showing good attributes yet again. Solid player and technically good.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Evra gave him a chance when he decided to leave.

There's a hope in this fella. He seems to create serious pressure on Shaw. Nicest surprise on this tour so far.

2 Neville's

Exciting prospect. He's very composed on the ball, tracks back and defends well. He won't oust Shaw from a starting wing back position but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench next season.

justboy68

He's impressed me quite a lot. I don't follow the reserves that closely so hardly know anything about him but he's looked every bit a prem standard player in the short game time so far on this tour. Definitely been better than Shaw so far. You wonder whether he might even get the nod over him if he keeps it up as LVG won't give two shits about reputation or price tags.

Sid234

Tyler Blackett is yet to get a chance at LB, i'm surprised he was picked ahead od Tom Thorpe for the CB position!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Really good again and is bringing his consistent reserve performances to the first team with him. Keep this up and he should have the back-up spot made his for the season. The thing van Gaal said about if you listen good, you'll play good I think shows he is impressed with Reece's attitude and will be looking to use him throughout the season. Big fan of Reece's and will be well pleased if he forces his way into a first team spot.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To think he was released by Preston North End at 18!

Devil may care

I really like the look of him, he has that low center of gravity that gives a smaller player strength and he's very quick, made 2 or 3 really accurate tackles chasing back to help out and looked decent going forward. I really hope he gets a chance to compete with Shaw for the LB spot this season.

FromTheBench

Does anyone know if he played in midfield or at left back the last years? Looks intelligent, pretty decent player.
Mostly played at LB with occasional Midfield appearances last 1 and or so years for the U21s since he was played there in the Dallas Cup and did well.

Before that he was a midfielder though IIRC.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Mostly played at LB with occasional Midfield appearances last 1 and or so years for the U21s since he was played there in the Dallas Cup and did well.

Before that he was a midfielder though IIRC.
I see. Well he definitely looked like what LvG wants in a player last two games, so let's hope he keeps on performing.

JSMHE

Just need to build more strength for EPL. He got good touch, ball control, pass, confident. And also I think he needs to practice his crossing. Another promising player from our foundation.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's upstaging Shaw in preseason. Probably would be a first teamer at Southampton.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think James' pre-season showings are part of the reason why pretty much all talk of buying another left back has died down. We're still linked with Blind by the usual suspects e.g. Ladyman, Ogden etc. but he can play in a number of positions and so ticks a lot of boxes.

James has been impressive and Van Gaal, as a manager who trusts youngsters and likes to drill his philosophy in them, is probably thinking there's the raw materials there for him as a coach to mould.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think James' pre-season showings are part of the reason why pretty much all talk of buying another left back has died down. We're still linked with Blind by the usual suspects e.g. Ladyman, Ogden etc. but he can play in a number of positions and so ticks a lot of boxes.

James has been impressive and Van Gaal, as a manager who trusts youngsters and likes to drill his philosophy in them, is probably thinking there's the raw materials there for him as a coach to mould.
Ugh.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Before I fully trust James I would like to see him defending properly. Nobody really seemed to attack him in the last couple games, but then I suppose that is a good sign that nobody has singled him out as weak or easy to get passed. I think the Inter and Madrid games will show whether he is ready or not.

Sid234

Will LvG decide to give him a 1st team role this season?
The lack of numbers at the back has really helped the youngsters, wouldn't be surprised if we see Varela/Vermijl given a chance at the Valencia game if Rafa's not fully fit by then.. I like how much trust LvG puts in youngsters.

Momochiru

The most impressive youngster in pre-season. Very composed and assured defensively so far - can't remember him making a defensive mistake. Against Roma he was a little slow to release the ball a few times, but this will come with more experience and match fitness. I feel comfortable with him as a backup for the left wing back position.

Sid234

"Luke is working very hard and he was lucky because normally I would have played our friend Reece James, but he was a little but injured.
Van Gaal seems to have taken a liking to James.. Hope we see him given the chance to be the backup LB, doesn't look out of place in the first team.