Ref kicks out at player

Justin

Well the referee match report would certainly make an interesting reading.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
That ref should be sent packing, never to officiate a game again. I can get that he kicked out in anger (length ban just for this anyway), but to then also send the player off because he lost his temper is just a joke.

Can't see how he can ever referee a top level game again, interesting to see what the league does.

I can't see them replaying it as the incident was in injury time and PSG were already ahead.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Tony Chapron...kinell I knew that bald cnut had issues but never something like that. This is a good opportunity to get rid of this fecking prick once and for all :houllier:

kotha

The ref says he slipped :lol:
He gave the 2nd yellow because the Nantes player complained about the kick.

We'll see if the referee can be held accountable. It's supposed to be his last year, it may be time for an early retirement.
:lol:

I guess we need to bump that thread about getting foreign refs for the PL.. One consistent thing about all leagues is that the refs are shit..

Rafateria

If that's the case theyll put him on leave till the end of the season with pay. Maybe any bonuses and all that will be void.
He can't, with any credibility, deny what he did, however to dock the man his income (seasonal bonuses or whatever) based on one incident that, yes, should see him suspended for a few games, would be draconian. They aren't prima donna players that don't even blink when being docked 1/10 or 1/100 of a week's wages. If it's his last season then gardening leave (full pay and bonuses) would maybe be appropriate, not this 'off with his head' bollocks some reactionary people seem to want.

Rafateria

:lol:

I guess we need to bump that thread about getting foreign refs for the PL.. One consistent thing about all leagues is that the refs are shit..
One consistent thing about all refs is that they can't be expected to see everything that goes on and certainly not with the benefit of multiple replays and camera angles that we have. Linesmen missing obvious offsides, or ruling offside when clearly onside, rile me more. VAR can't come fast enough in this day of ultra-fast football and cheating players.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
VAR: Referee we have an incident involving player #X from Nantes and uh you. Inadvertent trip and revenge foul kicking. You might wanna have another look.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's taking the 'kicking out' campaign to a new level.

Krak

It's the refs fault for changing direction like that in the first place and he follows it up with a kick and a second yellow :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Why are refs always such cnuts?
A job that combines the requirement of being a rule stickler with being the superior executive and judiciary power on the field. Yeah, baffling why so many narcissistic dickheads are drawn to it.

Absolutely. A couple of children acting like fools.
Sums up football and its fans.
/forum

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
This is his last season as a pro referee. I doubt he'd care much
At least he will live on in infamy. I wonder if he's going to stick to his "I slipped" defense. "It was an accident. You know, like when Cantona slipped into that fan."

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
To all those who want to ban him for life: I don't think an - albeit monumentally stupid - error induced by a heated moment (in this case, the referee felt he was being attacked) should ever have such drastic consequences to someone's life. Suspend him for 3 weeks, make him apologise. That should be enough.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
To all those who want to ban him for life: I don't think an - albeit monumentally stupid - error induced by a heated moment (in this case, the referee felt he was being attacked) should ever have such drastic consequences to someone's life. Suspend him for 3 weeks, make him apologise. That should be enough.
That's just Cafe's trademark. Harshest punishment available!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Death penalty, by avada kedavra!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ref apologises and says it was "an accident" :lol:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The problem is he's lost any legitimacy he had. Referees, as avatars of justice on a football pitch should absolutely be held to higher standards than the average.

Never having kicked a player during his officiating looks like a reasonable prerequisite for refereeing a first division football game.

Schneckerl

He's retriring next season anyway.

I literally can't recall seeing something like that on this level, so I don't think it can be excused as an error which just happens.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
It's more the red I have a problem with than the kick. The kick is a momentary lapse. The red is cheating to try and hide what he's done