Refs & VAR 2020/2021 Discussion

AFC NimbleThumb

I don’t care if we’re 4-0 up, that is atrocious.

In the grand scheme of this match it’ll mean ‘nothing’ but OgS should be highlighting the Delegate Report for this game in his next pre-match.

VAR is re-refereeing our games far too much of late.

Godfather

You guys do know that you're 4-0 up at half time, right?
Yeah thank God. But doesn't change the fact that we have again been fecked over by VAR after it already cost us in the past. It's scandalous at this point. And just as the Sheffield United goal it's not even debatable. These are so clearly wrong calls that it's becoming a real concern.

Phil

How can a referee watch the fecking thing in slow motion on a video and then make that decision?

Ace of Spades

Blatant pens not being given, this whole season has been a farce. feck VAR, now they are getting things wrong when they have time to actually review the footage.

The ref gave a pen right, so why was it overturned when it is not a clear and obvious error.

Acole9

Outstanding
We’re moaning about VAR. Because loads of us hate the fecking thing. This could happen in a game that didn’t even feature United and it would be just as annoying.
I hate it too but we're 4-0 up we haven't been "fecked over" as some have put it.

dove

I hate it too but we're 4-0 up we haven't been "fecked over" as some have put it.
What does the scoreline has to do with anything here? VAR made a shite decision yet again, that's basically what this thread is about. Are we supposed to stay silent and ignore it just because we are winning comfortably?

Godfather

The point is some people like moaning more than they like celebrating.
It's not even full time. Calm your tits. The moment this game is over we will all talk about our beautiful performance as well but this blatant wrong call was almost the last situation of the half so it's natural we talk about it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Weird as feck for VAR to overrule that. Can't bring myself to get upset... but it's just strange as it's so clearly the wrong decision after replay, and they overruled the ref making the right decision!

MDFC Manager

This is a club that has lost a league title on goal difference and Champions League. It matters.
Exactly, i don't know why people are dismissing this.

Besides, fecking VAR is there to make the correct decisions in exactly these kinds of circumstances. Absolute shambles

Acole9

Outstanding
What does the scoreline has to do with anything here? VAR made a shite decision yet again, that's basically what this thread is about. Are we supposed to stay silent and ignore it just because we are winning comfortably?
No of course not. But some of the comments are a bit dramatic. May not seem like it but the decisions do balance themselves out whether we like it or not.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's not even full time. Calm your tits. The moment this game is over we will all talk about our beautiful performance as well but this blatant wrong call was almost the last situation of the half so it's natural we talk about it
My tits are calm. It's the moaners who need to settle their boobies and enjoy the spanking you are handing out.

acnumber9

Exactly, i don't know why people are dismissing this.

Besides, fecking VAR is there to make the correct decisions in exactly these kinds of circumstances. Absolute shambles
Yeah, the bigger picture is the quality of decision making.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
VAR feeling sorry for Southampton and making up new rules to take away a goal from us. Unbelievable. I don't care that it's 4-0. We lost a title to goal difference before. That was criminal...

Ace of Spades

You guys do know that you're 4-0 up at half time, right?
So ?? Is that supposed to mean we can't talk about the abysmal performance from refs now. These decisions have been going against us and has cost us points.

We are in the title race after a long time, and to see the refs still be this shit even with assistance of technology to review it just pisses me off.

cyberman

He didn’t let it run on because it was a nailed on penalty. He got the decision spot on. Human referee 1, VAR nil.
But we have a player in 1 v 1 and he didnt even blow right away anyway. Unless its a red card cant he play advantage for just this situation? VAR can always bring it back

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have played advantage. I didn't think it looked a penalty in real time, I was sure he was going to give a free kick, and Mike Dean didn't even look sure after he blew the whistle. Greenwood had a clear cut chance, which was more advantageous than a free kick infront of a 5 man wall.

Poor decision. I'd be raging if it wasn't 4-0, but it's still one of various awful decisions in the last few games.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lads, VAR is shit

VAR is always going to be shit

Just be greatful it's shit to us on a 4-0 up day.

Djemba-Djemba

I think too, we've had some fecking rotten decisions go against us in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

So even though we're 4-0 up tonight it's starting to get very annoying .

Pogba getting elbowed in the face by Ming's
Perfectly good Maguire goal ruled out Vs Burnley
Fred fouled but no pen against Fulham
The sheff Utd debacle last week

Acole9

Outstanding
Even Peter Walton said it was a penalty, he always agrees with the refs ;).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
But we have a player in 1 v 1 and he didnt even blow right away anyway. Unless its a red card cant he play advantage for just this situation? VAR can always bring it back
No, if Greenwood goes on 1vs1 and shoots that's the advantage granted.

(I think)

El Zoido

Rio and Hoddle say no penalty.
What actually is the rule then? I’m sure we had one against us a few years ago that started outside the area but continued inside, and it was given. Supposedly correct because it’s not on “where the foul starts.”

It wasn't a penalty. Cavani's toe was on the line but the part of his foot where the contact happened was outside the box. Milimeters in it, but it was outside.