Religion, what's the point?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Spooky...

I'm way more triggered by the inappropriate use of "POV" to be honest. Which is fast becoming the most triggering thing on the whole internet for me. THAT'S NOT A POINT OF VIEW SHOT!! IF IT WAS, YOU WOULD BE SEEING WHAT THE BRIDE AND GROOM ARE SEEING, YOU COCKING HALF-WITS!!!

RedDevil@84

Did anyone already connect the bedbug infestation in Paris to either

- Bible predictions of end of days
or
- Allah's wrath for banning abaya in schools.

Godfather

Looking at some of these videos and tweets I'm really glad to live in Austria. We have some absolute idiots in politics too but at least no (well not yet) religious fundamentalists. I fear however that further years of bad or total lack of integration may lead to further and further step backwards. Giving up enlightened morals and culture to not piss off some overly religious idiots. It's actually my worst fear.

jackal&hyde

I will be the first to shit on the World of religion if only that would make things better. Religion is an "extra" not the answer.

For those that think that religion is the be all end all of ending pain and so, then remember christianity made more pain then Islam can ever dream of, especially to the Jews.

We literally have pictures of people burning black people by not a person, not a random group, by a town: if we were to ask those people, there is no doubt that they would describe themselves as not only good chistians, but good people.

This was but less then 2 hundreds ears ago, while Islam is by creation at least 500 years younger then Jessus. If as christians we acted as monkeys and killers and horrible, then should Islam not the the same right to be just as right and just as stupid?

The reason I am making this post is because I've been told a lot of anti Islam points over the last few days; and while it's true that religion is a Poisson, I do not think you can call the BS of Islam if you don't also call the BS of Judaism or Christianity.

I've seen people that are pro Israel, as am I, that begin the argument with the "exodus from Egipt" There is no efing evidence for that. None. At all. There is no evidence, as far as I can find, no more then there is of Palestine before the Roman Empire. Most of the people that think to themselves as Palestinians are likely to be Egyptians or Syrians (this is because of massive migration during the 19th and 20th century).

With the post above I've managed to f off virtually everyone, by history.

The main point I think is that regardless of history, the most important thing is the present. And the present is that both the Jews and the Palestinians, no matter of the origins, deserve a place to leave. And that is what I think is the rational way of judging things. The past tells us things about nothing but the past; it is the present that tells us what the future shuld be and how we make it.

Carolina Red

Staff
I've seen people that are pro Israel, as am I, that begin the argument with the "exodus from Egipt" There is no efing evidence for that. None. At all.
It's always interesting to me, too, when the folks like that seemingly conveniently ignore that the next couple books after that "exodus" story involve someone wiping out the Canaanites who were already there so they could take over the land.

I'm always left thinking to myself... "I'm not sure if that is the slam dunk storyline you think it is..."

jackal&hyde

It's always interesting to me, too, when the folks like that seemingly conveniently ignore that the next couple books after that "exodus" story involve someone wiping out the Canaanites who were already there so they could take over the land.

I'm always left thinking to myself... "I'm not sure if that is the slam dunk storyline you think it is..."
It matters little though because most Jews are not religious so this and that is like whatever. I have a number of Jew friends, I genuinely do not know a single religions Jew. More then that, the Jews that I know have a poor opinion on the religious people. Must be why they are my friends :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
It matters little though because most Jews are not religious so this and that is like whatever. I have a number of Jew friends, I genuinely do not know a single religions Jew. More then that, the Jews that I know have a poor opinion on the religious people. Must be why they are my friends :lol:
Oh, no doubt.

The folks I'm referring to are almost always evangelical Christians.

Kinky Melinky

I'm way more triggered by the inappropriate use of "POV" to be honest. Which is fast becoming the most triggering thing on the whole internet for me. THAT'S NOT A POINT OF VIEW SHOT!! IF IT WAS, YOU WOULD BE SEEING WHAT THE BRIDE AND GROOM ARE SEEING, YOU COCKING HALF-WITS!!!
I'm really glad I have no idea what you are talking about because it sounds like it would send me over the edge

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rgical-horror-of-altar-girl-serving-communion

Italian churchgoers denounce ‘liturgical horror’ of altar girl serving communion

‘It was as if I had killed someone,’ says priest in Ossanesga, Bergamo province, who chose child to assist him

A parish priest has defended himself after provoking a scandal in a small northern Italian town when he asked a child to help him serve holy communion.