Remember when José said Rashford & Martial couldn't play together?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well, for the first time since the 2010-11 season, in which Berbatov scored 21 goals and Chicharito scored 20, we have two players who've scored at least 20 goals the same season.

Not bad considering they can't play together.

Ace of Spades

Well, for the first time since the 2010-11 season, in which Berbatov scored 21 goals and Chicharito scored 20, we have two players who've scored at least 20 goals the same season.

Not bad considering they can't play together.
I shudder to think what could have happened if we had stuck with him. So glad he is not our problem anymore.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Remember Jose also sold Salah and De Bruyne. Jose has no eye for good attacker.

shahzy

Jose is a has been. The game past him by after real Madrid

lsd

The Oracle
Jose is an idiot but i will admit i was unsure if both Rashford and Martial could score twenty goals each and happy to be proven wrong.

Not convinced they are able to be a proper centre forward in the Ruud mould but maybe thats not needed so much these days.

If they can score at a consistent rate and the rest of the team contribute then its all good

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't remember Jose saying that but if he did what a berk

KennyBurner

Can we stop creating threads about that toxic manager? We need to move on and forget he ever existed. We are in a very good place so LET HIM GO!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Who is Jose?

Are you talking about the has-been manager that was sacked from Spurs at the end of the 19/20 PL season?

Can we stop creating threads about that toxic manager? We need to move on and forget he ever existed. We are in a very good place so LET HIM GO!
100% agree

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the many comments he mad that hoodwinked many fans.

Up there with coming 2nd in the league being his finest ever achievement despite spending record levels.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I shudder to think what could have happened if we had stuck with him. So glad he is not our problem anymore.
Both would have been gone and we'd probably have Perisic and Willian rotating with Sanchez, with Lukaku unable to control a ball up front.

Revan

Assumptionman
He also played them in the wrong positions. Mourinho has been finished for some time.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Probably a bit too much but remembering him is like remembering a child remembering his childhood when was abused by his father. I know that's too much

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Jose is an idiot but i will admit i was unsure if both Rashford and Martial could score twenty goals each and happy to be proven wrong.

Not convinced they are able to be a proper centre forward in the Ruud mould but maybe thats not needed so much these days.

If they can score at a consistent rate and the rest of the team contribute then its all good
Yeah the classic number 9 striker appears to be out of fashion among the top teams. Liverpool stormed the league without a recognised centre forward in the RVN mold. Instead their trio of fast, nimble, skillful, winger-esque players have been tearing defences a new one for the past two seasons. The front 3 we had today is in that same vein and it does seem to be the attacking methodology of the day right now. If they can keep scoring consistently hitting 20+ we're gonna see a lot more results like today's :drool:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It was 2 or 3 years ago, and I would agree with him that playing them together back then was difficult. Times have changed now and they have both developed as players.

Rolaholic

Agreed, all for relegating that toxic selfish feck to the dustbin of history

Watching the team is actually enjoyable again without his dour self dampening things and starting drama

Monkey bus

It was 2 or 3 years ago, and I would agree with him that playing them together back then was difficult. Times have changed now and they have both developed as players.
I totally agree that both players have developed but it was just Jose’s mentality to call players out like that to justify his decisions.

We’d have certainly lost both if he’d have stayed.

Anyway we didn’t and he got sacked so forget him. The only good thing is it makes games like today’s feel so much better when you compare what we were getting served up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Top man management from the special one.
The sarcastic answer sums him up. Absolute joke of a man. I don’t care about his previous achievements he’s a shadow of the man that was successful.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He could and has only ever used a striker with a certain physical ability that linked to the players height and strength.

Jose could chat out of his arse and Martial/Rashford could be in all types of form they wanted to be but they would never be his strikers because they simply dont play to Mourinho's one type of tactical football.

Woodzy

He absolutely did, back when he froze out Martial
Martial, Pogba and Shaw are players that probably wouldn’t be here anymore if we stuck with Jose any longer. Nuts really.

Might be imagining things but I think Rashford was also linked with Barca at the time.

Keefy18

Hilarious looking at all the folks roundly slaughtering Jose now when all the threads on here painted him as a demigod.

He was never suited to United, he's anti football.

Onto the topic, always supported Martial and delighted to see how well Rashford has kicked on this season!

luke511

Delighted he's at Tottenham, you know he's going to end up undoing all of Pochettino's great work.

flappyjay

I totally agree that both players have developed but it was just Jose’s mentality to call players out like that to justify his decisions.

We’d have certainly lost both if he’d have stayed.

Anyway we didn’t and he got sacked so forget him. The only good thing is it makes games like today’s feel so much better when you compare what we were getting served up.
He also never gives a proper chance. It's like he does it to prove everyone was wrong and he was right hence his stupid answer in the interview. Did the same to De Bruyne, played him in a carabao game after weeks without playing, Kevin had a bad game and the rest is history.

Rolaholic

Hilarious looking at all the folks roundly slaughtering Jose now when all the threads on here painted him as a demigod.

He was never suited to United, he's anti football.

Onto the topic, always supported Martial and delighted to see how well Rashford has kicked on this season!
He definitely had his own little sect of fans who defended him until the very end but I feel he lost a large portion of the fanbase after he made a mockery of the club to defend his fragile ego during that embarassing post match interview after being bounced by Sevilla in the CL rof16.

At least that was the boiling point for myself even though I had wanted him to succeed for the clubs sake prior. He's a football dinosaur at this stage of his career

Keefy18

He definitely had his own little sect of fans who defended him until the very end but I feel he lost a large portion of the fanbase after he made a mockery of the club to defend his fragile ego during that embarassing post match interview after being bounced by Sevilla in the CL rof16.

At least that was the boiling point for myself even though I had wanted him to succeed for the clubs sake prior. He's a football dinosaur at this stage of his career
I can recall quite a lot of supporters defending it and stating interviews didn't really matter and the like.

Personally never wanted him, I tried my best and when we got 2nd I was OK with us climbing up the table but how we got there wasn't in anyway enjoyable to my mind. You could see the wheels starting to come off at that point already though and his 3rd season implosion was in full flow by the summer.

arthurka

To be fair that was the end for most of us..

Idxomer

What he did to Martial for two and half years was disgraceful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair that was the end for most of us..
I don't think it was, a very large amount of fans actually turned against the players and were even giddy because we finished second. They then blamed everyone from the players to Woodward, made up this strange narrative where United didn't spent money and that Mourinho had not been financially backed.

Last edited:

Keefy18

I don't think it was, a very large amount of fans actually turned against the player and were even giddy because we finished second. They then blamed everyone from the player to Woodward, made up this strange narrative where United didn't spent money and that Mourinho had not been financially backed.
Absolutely this!!!

I recall roundly being absolutely slaughtered on here being called Woodward by a bunch of bloody kids for daring to suggest Jose was financially backed and he by an large got the players he wanted.

Isn't it amazing how under Jose we routinely were linked and bought more senior type players, yet it was Woodwards signings...yet its done a 180 now and we invest in youth like DJ, Bruno & AWB yet the Woodward blame game is gone?